What's new

African Strains

E

ElectroSticky

AFRICA UNITE !!!!

just dropping by leaving some Good Vibes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran

I sampled a few lower nugs of my bushman's today. She was kept on low nutes during the whole flowering, and I think she's almost done now after 8 weeks of flowering.

The high was up there, but imo not very euphoric. I'm hopeful a few days in natural light and a 3 week cure will bring out the best of her.

Evil 1

Just wanted to add my two cents on southern african strains

There are four main varieties that I come across with variation on quality which is never really that good.

Swazi, most revered in SA normally brown heads with nice caramel smell for a pure sativa it's very lazy smoke not very strong

Skunk(rooibaard) very similar to swaz in the high department with a almost chem smell to it.

Durban Poison, the only DP I've had was terrible rolled into small pencils and doesn't do to much

Lesotho(jut), This is the worst grown normally small light green heads that are laden with seeds but this is my favorite out of all of them feels like your brains been electrified nice and social make you talk a lot of crap.

the problem with all of them is that you build up resistance quite quickly and it doesn't last very long, if you smoke a bowl you have to wait quite a while before smoke again to get any effect and in a couple of days theres no effect at all.

Indoors they are not the easiest you need a lot of wattage to get them to fill out and they take long to finish, outdoors you can get a reasonable yield, but cross them with something more indica and indoors the yields skyrocket in general they arent very genetically dominant and normally gain the smell yield, high and flowering of the indica parent. :joint:

E

ElectroSticky

:laughing:

nice post evil1 , in my case i have only had 2 african strains... :joint:

Power Plant....
A nice really sativa plant with a fast finish .. :jump: .. when dry the buds aquire a Golden look due to the Yellow pistils covering the bud , plus the buds where not chubby they where more sativa looking, the smell is real distinct, real musky , actually it smelled exactly like Anis .... the high was real long lasting ...

Durban Poison ....
Durban Poison was my personal fav between the africans , these green looking plants filled with green buds , the buds had huge calyxes and what i loved the most was the real Grapefruit smell ....... the high :bashhead: ....

:rasta:
ooooooooh , how i miss those african girls after these post .. jejejeje .... :violin: ..

but it's ok .. sun is shining the weather is sweet .... :rasta:

Last edited:

Evil 1

Hey ElectroSticky

I'v been tempted to get power plant for a while now it's only had great reviews and it's not to costly the only thing that is holding me back is my experiences with the pot in SA, I don't know if its because i'v grown up smoking our landraces but it just doesnt smack me like I feel it should altough there is one variety that I didn't list because I only came across it once have no idea what it was called but had a woody smell and taste only came in small buds but I swear to you one hit through a bong basically destroyed you instantaniously before you even got the smoke out of your lungs the sad thing was i wasnt cultivating at that time in life and didnt collect any beens :badday: , this was literally years ago and I still think about till this day after experiencing a wider variety of great dope. if I could time travel I would just to get them.
:joint:

N

nelumbo

RubbaDub said:
Nice pix Nelumbo!

Where did your Zamal+ come from? Direct from La Reunion?

excuse me for my forget. I have lost this thread in the labyrinthic ICmag !!!

Yes I have import them in 2003 by exchange with a boy who grew it in the Isles of the réunion. No hermies. miracle !

Now I have several inbred lines with it, several projects. Zamal is good and my wife love it, I a little less... I prefere Haze ...

For me the "good genes" from zamal are yield and vigor but long lasting high is a quality too.

sladan

no, they'll be done indoors. outdoor season is over here.
the one on the stick is an ak47 :) actually i put 2 of them between my ethiopians. they missed the blue grow lamp, so they grew high very fast

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Hopefully i'll be doing an open pollenation with african seeds durban poison early next year once i've picked out any hermaphrodites & mutants.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Good score AH :yes:

Here´s something specifically for Marijuanamat, but others also...

Malahazi in friends hydro set-up, I shared this cut with him and look out this jungle :D

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hóla!!!

Some cured shot´s of the Swazi I flowered straight from rooted clone, been curing bout 2½-3 months now and is looking & smelling MUCH better than her mummy :yummy:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Herbalistic said:
Hóla!!!

Some cured shot´s of the Swazi I flowered straight from rooted clone, been curing bout 2½-3 months now and is looking & smelling MUCH better than her mummy :yummy:

Mmmm, looking forward to hearing how the smoke is now :joint:

I had my actual sativa clone foxtail like that, she hated the hps from day one and i decided to let the cutting go. I just harvested the top branches and left the rest to finish cuz they're carrying seeds for my celestial temple sativa stallions. Hopefully this actual temple sativa will have more mass and is easier to handle indoors.

A strange detail about actual sativa seeds is that they come wrapped in! Instead of stripes each one one them has this dark brown "sock" on them and some are real tiny. Ever seen any africans with this trait or should I be looking towards Tibet?

Sorry no pics, my roommate is shroom hiking with the camera.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts