What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AF breeding selection for high % of NON-AF parent.

Kaneh

where did i say that bro?

ICC:joint:

post 33: "I mean really, look at landrace cultivars that have been inbreed for 100s or more yrs, they really don't show this bullshit. I mean really what is it, loss of vigor, humm lands race sativas get 15ft tall plus, and are amazing plants"

But anyway, who cares.
Sorry for getting your thread sidetracked.
I just wanted to bring different point of view when making new strain.
Commercial breeders has done it the same way you do it thousands of times. It's one way of doing it, but not the only one.

So carry on! :eggnog:

C

cyber echo

Wow why did this really interesting thread die out ?

By the way ICC, have you put this theory to test and seen the results ?
Breeding theories and mathematics are cool, but do they translate to real results ?
Not doubting you at all, just curious if you have verified the results yourself.

Peace

vicious bee

damm sorry guy's Is really frustaning for my too explant myzelf end not working/getting too you guy's?so i will stop discussing
in english
(what i meant is that a male is importend as a female to stablize an AF version of your favorite NON AF strain )

LBH
Don't quit posting. Like your post. We can understand them.
A way to help. If you use Mozilla Firefox browser it has a spelling checker that checks your spelling as you write your post. It will give you different spelling options to correct your spelling. Look at Firefox add-ons for spelling.

LEDGro

Yea but the spell check would probably be in his native language. Either way I think its weak to comment on his spelling after how many times he said that English was not his native language. La Buena Hierba I can understand your posts fine! I cant even ask directions in another language let alone explain breeding.

Keep it up!

horstwerner

maybe a big idea

maybe a big idea

Some minutes ago, an idea rushed through my mind. Dunno, may be it's a good one.

With cholchicine it's possible to double the Genom of a plant. The result is a bigger, stronger and juicier plant. But normally they lose their doubled genom after some time.

I just thought by doubleing the genom of both plants (AF + NonAF) there would be alot of more variety and more chance to change genom by crossovers and so on.

Whats your opinion?

dargo

my f1 seeds (bluecheese x amnesia X Mi5) will be ready to start growing in a few weeks.......

im just wonder, i know when i inbreed them the first time roughly 25% of the offspring will be af. but what % of the offspring would be af if i crossed 1 of the 25% af from the f1 inbreeding with a totally different 100% af such as my hbd.

i dont have the time or space to fully breed a non af into a af. just want to have some fun and add lots of variation to my smokes.

Some minutes ago, an idea rushed through my mind. Dunno, may be it's a good one.

With cholchicine it's possible to double the Genom of a plant. The result is a bigger, stronger and juicier plant. But normally they lose their doubled genom after some time.

I just thought by doubleing the genom of both plants (AF + NonAF) there would be alot of more variety and more chance to change genom by crossovers and so on.

Whats your opinion?

We used a lot of colchicine on orchids and it does make larger, thicker, longer lasting flowers. When crossing a tetrraploid with a tetraploid almost all the progeny will be tetraploid. However the plant grows much much slower and is finickey and most labs have discontinued using it. And once a plant is polypoloidy it is always polypoloidy.

Ganico

Veteran
I had a similar idea, except instead of backcrossing just breeding all the down the line, saving the male AF pollen, and pollinating all non-af females from each generation then selecting the best non-af female plants based on potency and yield. And then using the seeds from those plants for the next generation, doing the same on each generation. I want to see what is now considered "delayed" auto-flower, where the plants veg for 1.5-2 mo's before flowering instead of 2-3 weeks

socbutter

ICC How's the breeding program coming along?

I really look forward to you completing your breeding program. An
AF Pure Skunk is very nice and will be great to work into super yielding, high potency, football bud on a stick
:jump::dance013::jump:

Are you planing to sell on Seedbay? or for your own personal use?

Either way I'm tagging along for the ride:wave:

dargo

ok I got a question,

If I selected the best auto flowering F2, stressed then self pollenated herself what % AF would the resulting offspring be? would it still be 50%?

dargo

I didnt yet (still waiting for my F2 beans to finish growing), but I would proberbly use cs or let my girlfriend look after her for a week lol.

Does how you stress it make a difference?

nepgriz

hey great thread, you seem very experienced in breeding these auto's to non-auto's. last year i bred a male non auto to a bunch of female Lowryder #2's and Dieselryders. So is it correct to expect zero auto's from these seeds? Will any characteristics from the auto's carry on to these seeds? (eg. smell, bud formation, earlier flowering time ect.) Right now I'm just really curious to see what these beans will produce.

dargo

yea shes bad lol! although im training her up good now.

The self pollenating thing was just me thinking to hard about something im still learning a great deal about (Dominant and Recessive Traits, & NON-af to af), I thought maybe if I self pollenated one of the AF's from my F2's would the offspring all be 100% AF because I proberbly dont know what im talking about.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just try man....the proof will be in the progeny of the union.....grow them out under 12/12 and check your results.....good info ICC....

...Hey....if it does work-out and you can make good AF's.....then I am def interested in procuring more AF varieties....anything that can save a grower time and funds, should be a winner!

Latest posts

Latest posts