What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Next update I'll get some pictures of the outside of the case. I never took pics of it because it's not really that interesting on the outside.

I was trying to decide when to trim under the screen. I thought I should wait for flower to set in before the trim? I'm not sure it's my first scrog. Should I trim the fan leaves now? or wait, They are only 4 days into 12/12.

C

cork144

id say now mate so its easyer to controll the stretch, all the growth thats just under the screen leave on, everything below that id pluck off youll want the energy being put into budsites above screen, not below.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Here's my 7 day 12/12 update: We have flowers!!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Got me there, I know I promised exterior shots but I barely have time to keep them under control. work has blown up this week and I have put in 38 hours in 3 days Zzzzzzzzzzz. I'll try to get some shots of the exterior soon...

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
OK, here is some shots of the case:

Side view (Notice side panel not completely seated and still no light leak)

picture.php

Front view

picture.php

Front view door open with filters in place

picture.php

Front view door open fan filter removed

picture.php

Front view through 120mm fans filter removed

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Expert, Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait either, hope it stays together for the full run!!

Looks awesome. Makes me want to try growing in PC case actually...though all I have available are three really short squat tower cases.

And one ancient AT desktop but trying to fit everything into 6 inch vertical space would be interesting.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Full pardon granted Bork, my mother is Swedish...=) Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

fat-rob

aerohead to are a computer growing OG. Straight computer growing pimp. Thank you for showing your private grow to thousands of students online:joint: I really am speachless as to your professionalism, absolutely nothing is ghetto rigged, which is extremely rare to see.

fat-rob

I cant stop going back to this forum, over and over shaking my head in disbelief looking at your pictures.:yoinks: I dont think theres any possible way you can maximize/utilize that space in that pc better. Kudos, that'll all i can say. Alright ill get off your jock now, later

Btw, ill have to get a rivet gun, hopefully they are not too expensive, that seems like a must have. Im going to just go ahead an mount a carbon scrubber on the outside of the case, on 3 different fans, and hope for the best, so i can utilize all my inside space.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for the compliments fat-rob, makes all the hard work worth it. Rivet guns are pretty cheap and really hold strong, good enough for airplane wings lol...

I can think of one way to better use this setup and I am going to rewire it tonight and create some slack so I can raise the res to the lights and slowly drop it as they grow. I'll post some pics if it's successful.. well, ok even if it's not, I'll post new pics.

C

cork144

boom right away i see why your temps are too high, those filters on the exhaust side of your fans, would probably work better to pull through the filters.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Temps have been no problem at all, The dual 120mm's are intake fans to keep air flowing on the plants. there are also 2 filtered passive intakes lower in the case. the 80 cfm blower is exhaust and doing all the cooling. It's never gone past 78F and that was a very hot day 75F in the room the case was in. I drained the res so I could raise it up a few inches and lower it as they get close to the lights. I decided to snap some pics of the roots in the res:

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts