What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

C

cork144

Thanks for al the kind replys!

Fat-rob, I'll try to get some pics of that scrubber I was talking about soon. I loaned my digi cam to a friend and he is a little tardy returning it. I have also had troubles with cases that are gutted being flimbsy. A pop rivet gun and some tin snips can be your best friend on PC case builds. I made some angel brackets and pop riveted them in the corners and the case is quite strong now. Thanks again for the encouragement!!

Grow1620, I found that screen in the area that has closet organizers and shelving. It is called a stackable organizer (had a picture of tools stored on the package) so it might be by the tool section as all Targets are slightly different. I am going to try to go buy a few more as they are a perfect size for these cases.

Now for the update: I changed the res again to a bloom mix and flipped them on 12/12 as of last night. They are growing like mad, I think I should have flipped them a little sooner as the screen is nearly full already. I guess I have the option of removing a plant or two, we will see how the next 2 weeks go. PH is remaining very stable and they are drinking almost 1/2 gal water per day!! so it's proving to be a busy system. I should have my camera back tonight and I'll snap some pics of them bent under the screen.

best to keep em on more of a veg solution for the first 2 weeks, theyre gonna be stretching and needing their nitrogen.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Yes, they are mixed according to the transition to bloom stage, still same amount of nitrogen as the veg stage.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Cork144, good looking out, you input is always welcome. I have followed your posts and you know what you are talking about. Thanks again!!

Update: here is some pics of the training to the screen comments are welcome...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D.I.trY

I spending far too much time on this forum, been looking forward to seeing you aero. You getting excited yet? :)

I figured a way to get them to grow at your chosen height from the bulbs and since both you and I cant move our res and screen up to the bulbs it think its useful to you to aero. If you tie them down over the screen so that they run sort of laterally above and along the screen you can get the top just at your desired height. The position of your buds constantly changes as you move them around each other. Man I had to do this every day while the buggers stretched. to lower it you just run it laterally a little longer. This is made possible with garden wire. Garden wire is pefect for this because you can create a sort of paperclip hook on both end and fairly easily adjust it too by crimping it shorter. Its strong and it will stay. Compare that to tieing knots with string! What do you think?

If you are interested in this im sorry i didnt bloody recommend it before you bent them under!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Cheesebuds thanks for the kind words, they went 12/12 yesterday which is atleast a week later than I should have I'm afraid...lol your comment made me laugh because I am aware I should have flowered them earlier.... First scrog is my excuse. I'm thinking I can posssibly cut a few out of there if it gets too crazy so I'll make the best of it... Thanks for stopping by =)

D.I.trY

aero, how are you stopping light leaks through the fans? also you gotta feel sorry for the growtips scrunched up underneath the screen... i would go and get some garden wire and tie them over :smile:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
D.I.try, I think those buds scrunched under the screen are going to stand up and fight their way up to the light? You are suggesting I LST them above the screen? I'm afraid anything over the screen during stretch will quickly hit the lights so I am trying to keep them under the screen. I'll take a look at your scrog to see if I can get a better idea what you are talking about. Your setup is very similar so the same technique should work for both of us, thanks for the info =)

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Oh almost forgot, stopping light leaks from the fans: The blower fan doesn't let light leak because of it's design, the 120mm fans have a pre filter that stops dust and light and the front door to the case has intakes on the sides that are also filtered with the same low density black foam.

D.I.trY

ahhh i see, trusty old black foamy stuff :smile:

Yeah i think you would call it LST although im not sure what that is. To me its just called tieing the shit down to the screen with garden wire haha

Sure they will still turn up towards the light. Plants lays their leaves out perpendicular to the light source to make full use of the light so i think theyre a bit pissed off its quite hard for them from that position. They will have an easier time doing this as you trail them over the screen and you can put the tops at the correct distance from bulb -but be warned its more hassle training this way!

You can get the tops closer to the lights- thats what you want right? or is it a bit too hot up there? for me it is so im still using the glass. i think the plant will reward you for it!

good stuff!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I decided to trim some of the large fan leaves that were making it difficult to work under the screen. They were also keeping the light from the bud sites under the screen. It's funny to see such large leaves coming out of a PC case.

picture.php

Here is how they are doing after the trim.

picture.php

picture.php

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very good. Can't wait to see the results.

zlock

Very cool!
Awesome job creating a very clean and efficient looking setup! How's the case look from the outside?

C

cork144

are you not trimming all the growth under the screen? PL-L's dont have much intensity and at harvest time youll be wondering why you didnt.

Latest posts

Latest posts