What's new

Aeroponic PC case scrog

fatigues

Veteran
Time for an update, I had to back off the nutes because I saw some early signs of nute burn before I even got to half strength veg. The nutes returned back to 1/4 strength.

picture.php

You've got true high pressure Aero working for you there, so the efficiency those roots have in sucking up the nutes should be somewhat higher due to the plant's efficiency in taking up a true aeromist. I expect you will never get those nutes up to the mftr's recommended full strength in this sort of Aero setup.

Whatever the case, the roots are most definitely taking off in a big way. It seems that every pic you post shows significant growth in the plant and root structure from those taken only a few days previously. Great stuff. :joint:

D

Deaner

That is freaking amazing! Those plants and roots look supper healthy.

You are certainly a God.

Huggie bear

Let me know if you need any help with that, it took me a while to figure out the fog and I'm still learning.. The reward so far is root structures better than I have seen using high pressure aero.

I am sure that I will be picking your brain on items here any there no doubt about that.
I am going the simpler direction for now and going with a completely gravity fed system I saw in action and loved!
I just love those root pics they are awesome! I would like some other have suggest get a couple of muffin fans set up to add some air flow around those girls to thicken up those stems though.

:bow:wow sir i am in aw. i was picking Melkors brain about his sump and he mentioned that you had a slightly more detailed one then him. so i figured id stop in and check it out. im extremely impressed with every aspect of your grow. beautiful looking plants and top notch fabrication man. i know you mentioned earlier that youre not much of a teacher but you have a few different items in your thread that could make great seperate diy threads. im in the middle of a project with another one on deck and i believe you just inspired me to plan another build. beautiful work iv subscribed peace man

dmt

Veteran
sweet man, thanks for the help, i just thought t5 sunblasters were different (for growing) and had a better spectrum. my buddy does have a custum hood he painted with white titanium paint. yers is way more tech then his anyway. hey, i did notice my buddy puting relfective material on the bottom, he says faster veg and cleaner looking box and clean up, would that help much?

so a t5ho is a t-5 sunblaster? his snap in with 2 clips and you can run as many as you want with 1 outlet because they all connect with mini connectors to eachother. he crams in 4 on the top and 2 on the sides like a "u" shape. is that still not brighter? i dont know the formula for kelvin and all that. thanx again, d

fatigues

Veteran
so a t5ho is a t-5 sunblaster?

Yes it is.
He crams in 4 on the top and 2 on the sides like a "u" shape. is that still not brighter? i dont know the formula for kelvin and all that.
I assume he is running 24" T5HO. Each 2' T5HO bulb has 23-24 watts, per. Assume the reflector is high quality and his temperature is probably well suited to his grow phase. (I have a T5HO 24" veg/clone unit from Sunleaves btw, so I'm not dumping on T5HOs.)

Is it brighter? Well...brighter than what? Than a single 55 watt PL-L? Hell yes. In your example, 6x24 = 146 watts.

Still, you should compare apples to apples. Head to head against 3x55 watt PL-L bulbs, of the proper temperature, in high quality miro reflectors? No. T5HO is not brighter -- a little less bright actually (though it is reasonably close).

Expense wise, the PL-L has the advantage - though by the time you pay for the higher color temperature PL-L bulbs for veg, and dish out for the miro reflectors, pricing is competitive for an apples-to-apples setup like you describe if you really shop around for your T5HO unit and bulbs. If you don't really shop around, the PL-L is going to kill it with its typical price advantage.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Wow man just wow. I thought PC cases were a novelty but this just blows it out of the water. Those foggers heat up a good bit or atleast mine did, have you seen any High temps in the rez?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wow man just wow. I thought PC cases were a novelty but this just blows it out of the water. Those foggers heat up a good bit or atleast mine did, have you seen any High temps in the rez?

Thanks for checking out my thread!! Yes, the fogger heats up my sump a bit, I use a radiator and fan to keep the sump reasonable. The single 39w fogger will bring my 3 gallon sump up to 85F without cooling.

Chiefsmokingbud, I would be very interested to learn of your experience with foggers, this is my first run and everything I have read regarding foggers is a little discouraging in the long run.

dmt, happy to help, I would go PL-L all the way!

disfunktional, Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to you joining in on this thread....

Here are some pics of the screen filling attempt, the screen is filling scary fast, hope I can keep up..
picture.php

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I forgot to mention, I just swapped out the 6700k center light for a 4100k and the color reminds me of growing under CMH (ceramic metal halide) lighting, very true natural color for pics.

Here is a close up of some crazy leaf growth, growing too fast for it to take proper structure. If you look close and follow the stem from that wacky leaf, you can see result of Melkors excellent fimming skills, more bud sites are born..

picture.php

Here I am still trying to get a decent picture of the fuzz on the roots, look close you might be able to see it but it's nothing like it looks to the eye.

picture.php

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Well I do hydro outside also with my legal veggies. One summer I tried a fogger and what I went with was one of the biggest foggers I could find. I believe it had like 4 ultrasonic foggers in it. My problem was I used a pretty deep/tall rubbermaid for the sump and the fog just wouldn't make it all the way to the top (root zone) It still worked ok but my huge fogger drastically heated up the sump. I had to switch it out for aero so I didn't get alot of time to mess with it. I sure would like to piddle with it again though and I have seen amazing results with them. I got pics but it's on a different comp.

stonedu

I forgot to mention, I just swapped out the 6700k center light for a 4100k and the color reminds me of growing under CMH (ceramic metal halide) lighting, very true natural color for pics.

Why did you switch to 4100k? What other bulbs do you have in there? I'm sure you mentioned earlier if, but are you still veging or are you flowering? One last question, where did you get that acrylic glue, I found nothing similar at the HD/Lowes. BTW Awesome grow.

Thanks,

dmt

Veteran
Yes it is.
I assume he is running 24" T5HO. Each 2' T5HO bulb has 23-24 watts, per. Assume the reflector is high quality and his temperature is probably well suited to his grow phase. (I have a T5HO 24" veg/clone unit from Sunleaves btw, so I'm not dumping on T5HOs.)

Is it brighter? Well...brighter than what? Than a single 55 watt PL-L? Hell yes. In your example, 6x24 = 146 watts.

Still, you should compare apples to apples. Head to head against 3x55 watt PL-L bulbs, of the proper temperature, in high quality miro reflectors? No. T5HO is not brighter -- a little less bright actually (though it is reasonably close).

Expense wise, the PL-L has the advantage - though by the time you pay for the higher color temperature PL-L bulbs for veg, and dish out for the miro reflectors, pricing is competitive for an apples-to-apples setup like you describe if you really shop around for your T5HO unit and bulbs. If you don't really shop around, the PL-L is going to kill it with its typical price advantage.

thanks so much for your time and info, d

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
absolutely amazing Aerohead...I've been admiring this grow for months and finally decided to register. I can't wait to see what's next.

hey Aerohead iv got a few questions about your radiator setup. i found a radiator here and a pump here. would this work for cooling? i noticed in the pump specs that it said "No maintenance when used with de-mineralized water, and anti-fungal additives" IYO would i have any problems with running nutes through it? and i was wondering where you found your radiator? iv searched high and low and can not find an aluminum radiator just 1" thick. i was brainstorming and thought of altering Scrubninjas light trap to accomodate a radiator so that i could cool it with intake air. and i realy need a radiator around 1" thick to keep the same dimensions of the light trap. im already cutting 3"s out of 18" for the intake and im trying to keep from takeing up anymore room. thanx for ahead of time for any advice or opinions.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hey disfunktional, 'scuse me for butting in but do you mean like, have the big light trap over your intake, then cut a square/rectangle out of thie middle and mount the radiator inside the light trap?

If it helps, synthetic hydro nutes are basically nothing but mineralised water and anti fungal additives.

Hey disfunktional, 'scuse me for butting in but do you mean like, have the big light trap over your intake, then cut a square/rectangle out of thie middle and mount the radiator inside the light trap?

If it helps, synthetic hydro nutes are basically nothing but mineralised water and anti fungal additives.

yes sir thats exactly what im talking about. and yes that info does help sounds like that pump will work for the setup iv got in mind. thanx man!!

fatigues

Veteran
Why did you switch to 4100k?

Not sure as to why, but my guess is that it might have had something to with the comments and grow results concerning 4100k PL-L bulbs as noted here - especially when contrasted to the vastly cheaper cost of 4100k vs. 5500k or 6700k Pl-L bulbs.

And if it didn't ? Well - those are still good reasons :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts