What's new

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

milkyjoe

Veteran
Defiantly milky. Pretty stoked about trying some of the aea stuff, if you had to chose one of the biological products what would you chose....spectrum?

Hands down rejuvenate. It will stimulate the microbes you already have. Then sea shield to feed fungi

Pangea

Veteran
I've used SRC in the past and hope to again in the future, good stuff.

Most of the bio products from aea are from tainio(the second page products on AEA's pdf price list) and they dont have any in stock currently in the Canadian location. I think they are all powders though and in that case are easy to have shipped regular posted or couriered.(rejuvinate is an aea product and in stock)

I use micronized srp, and have applied it as a foliar at the recommended amount, and would ultimately like to use home made mixes with micronized minerals, short term its easier and quite cheap to buy the proven products than have to worry about my own mixes. Is there a thread or resource of info/ recipes for chelating minerals for foliars?

Diggaz

I use 40ppm fulvic for foliar and fertigation, works out to 0.2 gpg of an 80% product. I forget how came up with that, a combination of articles and at least one scientific paper. I have not read anything specific to chelation of micronized non soluble elements. I do add fulvic to everything I spray, helps open up stomata as well as the chelation. Also been doing research/experiments on urea, but thats another subject.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
going to try a mix next year with just peat , perlite , lava rock , biochar , worm castings , rock dusts and protein amendments ...i think it'll work really well

milkyjoe

Veteran
I use 40ppm fulvic for foliar and fertigation, works out to 0.2 gpg of an 80% product. I forget how came up with that, a combination of articles and at least one scientific paper. I have not read anything specific to chelation of micronized non soluble elements. I do add fulvic to everything I spray, helps open up stomata as well as the chelation. Also been doing research/experiments on urea, but thats another subject.

For some reason I think I remember john saying 10 ppm. But trusting my memory is a crap shoot. Foliar urea is suppose to be a good deal. You might wanna ask spurrr at the logical gardener

milkyjoe

Veteran
going to try a mix next year with just peat , perlite , lava rock , biochar , worm castings , rock dusts and protein amendments ...i think it'll work really well

I would bet you have to add some ca and so4. But yea it will probably kick as. See if you can find the dry sea shield used by keystone bio ag

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yea...basalt. I could not say if the paramagnetic effect does anything at all. But the ultra trace minerals kick ass. 4 cups per cubic ft powder...4 x that for 1/4 inch...takes about 4 gros for the 1/4 inch to vanish

milkyjoe

Veteran
It is also in their chicken feed...magco I think. Enzyme co factors for chickens. I been choking dowm a tsp a day myownself

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm producing via soilless culture, utilizing a traditional two part dry nutrient - providing solely the essential elements - and am curious which products would net me the greatest benefit via foliar applications? Currently the plants express "complete" nutrient health, but they are currently filling the plant frame, and soon to be setting fruit.

Which would provide an extra boost via foliar, if possible given no visible deficiency at the moment.

Also, I don't run a sterile reservoir - stagnant for the majority of time, every two hours I flood for 30 seconds - and solely a two part nutrient, so I would certainly benefit from introducing some form of...something?

Is there a way to possibly find a balance of these organic products and the manufactured nutrient? Or must one completely convert?

Thanks!

Last edited:

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Turface @ 33% porosity, technically soilless, but water culture. Jack's hydroponic and CalNit maintained @ 600 PPM for near entire duration, but lowering when plants communicate via ppm meter when approaching harvest. Plant roots occupy the top container but also grow into the stagnant reservoir via the installed wick

4.5' X 11' X 8' room, ~2300 Watts (Two Gavita Fixtures @ 825 W, and 600W Solis Tek MH 4000 K)

Temperature: 80F
Humidity: 70% +/- 5%
C02: ~700 +/- 200 depending, I am recirculating but often using whole house AC which raises C02

I'm beginning to listen to the lectures now; taking notes and attempting to relate with my limited personal experience

milkyjoe

Veteran
Sorry I have never looked at turface...no clue how it works.

Jacks lacks ultra traces...so kelp or sea crop would provide enzyme co factors

Latest posts

Latest posts