What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

C

CaliGabe

Jeremy was in the Cootz camp and hopefully he's grown out of it.
THIS is what I said about Cootz. That's bad? I'm talking about the next level. Cootz ain't taking us there and Kempf is.

Do I know who Cootz is? Nope. Only thing I know is he was saying somethings years back and I called Kempf and Kempf said not true.

Go ahead and post those PM's, you get banned, start with a new handle and those posts will get deleted. I ended up living about a mile from 2C in CO after he got that mix and the opportunity to learn more about things. Perspectives change based on new information.

C

CaliGabe

As for clones only pics of plants I have are in my gallery. Every new handle and pics get erased. Nothing on my puter or phone ever saved. Just moved back to Cali from CO and won't have much going on for awhile.

When in CO a friend and I took cuts off outdoor plants after a month+ on a solid AEA foliar program. Both he and I were a bit taken aback by how well they performed. I mean like WHOA kind of good. This particular grower started with some pretty darn good soil and seems like the AEA products really the key that unlocked things.

For sure will try some of the recommendations you guys are posting regarding cloning in the future. Thx for the info on that :biggrin:

Bulldog420

Veteran
Wow, that soil test I posted before was WAY OFF!!!! Here are my results from logan labs. What do you guys think I need, and need to lay off of? I have a pretty good idea but I was hoping the people in this thread with more experience could give me a hand up.

picture.php

milkyjoe

Veteran
I am kinda baffled why the tcec is that low with that much peat. Can I ask what brand you used?

But it is what it is. Do you wanna stay organic? Can you stand some N?

I see 3 things I would try to correct: 1) you are low on some micros. I would spray micropak this season. When you have harvested I would move to correct them in the soil based on a new soil test. 2) your ph is high because your sulfer is low. If you can stand N and a non organic input ammonium sulfate combined with a little fulvic acid is genius. If not (and that would be a fair choice) then I would use some potassium sulfate...the finest grind you can get (plug for custom hydro). 3) at the end of the season if your ca is still 70+ I would apply some elemental sulfer to raise S and lower ph. The main prob with high ph is it reduces the uptake of micros. The sulfer will do some damage to micrbes...so next spring tainio or teas to re establish for sure.

But overall you got a damn fine soil that you can easily work with for a long time

reppin2c

Veteran
That's a pretty good analysis as far as I see it. Even using a semi balanced grow/bloom liquid to lower your PH of your water to compensate will give you a good crop. I'd fight the complete balance after season. But foliar to fill in the gaps 8 that makes any sense

Diggaz

Waiting to hear back from their Canadian warehouse, but I'm going to order:

pht ca
pht p
pht k
photomag
seashield
micropack

not sure about the rejuvenate and sea stim?

Do any products contain Fe, Zn, Mn, or Cu? (editnever mind, found the product info, slow internet here.)

Anyone have their sap analysed yet?

Didnt know they had a canadian warehouse, thanks Pangea

L

Luther Burbank

I thought those numbers looked wacky! I feel a little better; I was questioning if I knew anything.

Diggaz

I am aware of a couple big companys....premier, burger, lambert and sun gro being the largest. I do believe you use premier, I wasn't aware they have a different process.

Pangea

Veteran
http://extension.udel.edu/lawngarden/files/2012/10/CHAP9.pdf

Soil testing laboratories do not usually provide a direct measure of CECe. Instead, often
the CEC is estimated (calculated, CECsum)

...Such CEC measures can result in values very different from the
CEC of the soil at its field pH (effective CEC or CECe)...

http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/nursery/Landscape problems/Substrate/CEC and CN ratio.PDF
Finally, to get the
most accurate CEC results for soilless potting mixes, the extraction procedure should be
completed with barium chloride. Using the barium procedure prevents problems from medium pH levels and provides a more accurate (usually higher) CEC value.

What kind of CEC methods are the labs using?
Make sure to specify that you are soil is high in peat moss and to request an effective CEC using a barium solution. I wouldnt be surprised if they charge more.

Diggaz, I was very happy to learn this as well, shipping across the border with items of these sizes makes it untenable in most cases.

I believe they are working with the folks at rockpowder.ca a agri micronizing company.

Makes me wonder if an AEA products are utilizing spanish river carbonatite??

milkyjoe

Veteran
I know kempf is charging 75 for testing compost...that right there could be why. Getting tcec wrong screws up everything else.

Simple math...if peat has a cec of 100 and is half the mix...the total has to be over 50. Guess it is time to pop for a compost test

L

Luther Burbank

Yanno, I understand CEC but I really don't understand EC well at all. I need to fill this gap in my knowledge, because there's times I lose track of the conversation.

milkyjoe

Veteran
EC is the electrical conductivity of the water in the soil. It is driven by ions. Higher the ion concentration the higher the ec. These are the ions available to the roots.

Too high and you burn the roots. Too low and you waste potential. You ain't growing the biggest pumpkin without pushing the envelope. But the closer you gwt to that edge the better balanced you best be. Check out cep's grow...he ain't holding back much

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
On Monday I'll be hitting them with their September Stack root drench , I'm going to increase the Sea Crop , PepZyme, Kelp , Rejuvenate , and Sea Shield

Will also do a big dose of MycoGenesis BioGenesis and Spectrum

Diggaz

''Diggaz, I was very happy to learn this as well, shipping across the border with items of these sizes makes it untenable in most cases.

I believe they are working with the folks at rockpowder.ca a agri micronizing company.

Makes me wonder if an AEA products are utilizing spanish river carbonatite?? ''

Pengea, they sell non micro SRC at Nutrient Density and I would be very surprised if it wasnt in some of there stuff. I am going to pick up a bunch of micronized rock powders for foliar(soft rock and SRC for sure) so I will prob pass on the PHT stuff but thats just how I roll, not to take away from the company. Also planing on using a couple 50#s of the normal grade SRC in next years outdoor soil, the river is a couple hour drive from me so a no brainier.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I would definitely use spanish river if I weren't so far away. Looks like good stuff. As a foliar you may want to chelate it with fulvic...makes the ca work better

Diggaz

Defiantly milky. Pretty stoked about trying some of the aea stuff, if you had to chose one of the biological products what would you chose....spectrum?

Diggaz

So pretty soon going to be sending in some soil sample to A&L, I am confused on what methods to get them to use for cation/anons/micros. One test will be a peat based mix used this year and a couple more of some native soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts