What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

FatherEarth

Veteran
Anyone know what the Agri-grow Ultra is?

I see it on the price list but not any info on the product description pdf from the aea growbetterfood site.

Thanks

After talking to a few of you, im planning on doing foliage sprays up to 10 days before harvest. Any certain products I should avoid later on during flower production? The recipe is Photomag, C, and P. I was thinking of adding the Sea Shield and Rejuvinate into the mix as well..any reason those two shouldn't be added to the foliage mix?, so far they are only in the soil drench recipe..

thanks again!

Jto,

Yea

http://www.agrigro.com/

http://www.lawn-care-academy.com/agrigro-ultra.html

FatherEarth

Veteran
Seems like spectrum extra and bio genesis are exactly the same but spectrum has a higher concentration of the same microbes weighing in at 10% microbes. What's the benefit of using both"?.

Caligabe let's see some of your clones before we go there brah.. No rapid rooters, jiffy coco or aero cloners ...lol

C

CaliGabe

Caligabe let's see some of your clones before we go there brah.. No rapid rooters, jiffy coco or aero cloners ...lol
Where's your clones, BYF's or MJ's to start? Clones are only as healthy as the plants you take them from. Call me out you call yourself out so put up.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Seems like spectrum extra and bio genesis are exactly the same but spectrum has a higher concentration of the same microbes weighing in at 10% microbes. What's the benefit of using both"?.

I don't have the 'extra' version of spectrum but have biogenesis , too

milkyjoe

Veteran
Yea those plugs are the best around. Byf certainly +2 up'd my cloning game some years back with that... So yep, BD he has had a few of those...
You don't worry about the sea shield causing a microbial problem before you have established roots? Foliar fine but watering with it makes me hesitant. Are you rooting clones faster than 7 days using the above mentioned strategy ?

No I am not...foliar is a better idea for sure

C

CaliGabe

You can see pics of mine on my instagram. Your turn !!!
Never used or seen Instagram and never will. Pictures don't mean much to me. 2 of the 3 gardens I helped with in CO when I was there have been asked to supply pics to AEA for their new Biological Advantage website. The third just didn't care for all that and too busy harvesting. AEA has been asking for the wrong info to support their products. Maybe next year they'll get a clue as to what's really important. Validated independent 3rd party is where it's at.

The clones we took off plants a few weeks back in one garden pretty amazing compared to past experience. I attribute that to the AEA program we started mid-season. Good stuff!

milkyjoe

Veteran
Let me say it. You bitch about your dirt and say foliar saved you. Then you don't give your foliar credit. Just get the fuck out. Look in the mirror...there is your problem.

C

CaliGabe

Let me say it. You bitch about your dirt and say foliar saved you. Then you don't give your foliar credit. Just get the fuck out. Look in the mirror...there is your problem.
Wow that is sooo messed up and surprised coming from you. If you look back through ALL of my posts I've said that the AEA foliar program has been the difference in making some gardens work. Prove me wrong. I dare you. It saved the ass of one of my friends and he was asked to supply pics to AEA for their new Biological Advantage website. Cool story there and the clones he made from plants after a few weeks on the AEA program really awesome.

I bitched about Build A Soil and not really bitched except called Jeremy at BAS for the service he was providing which, until this point, has been fucked.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Dude you were like where are your clones at !

I told you where you can see pictures of them , you asked for it to be put up but it has been months ago !!

Don't be mad just put up pics of your cuts after 7 days ok?

You make it so a guy doesn't want to post , we were JUST. Starting to get in to talking about Real techniques that work ... And you just come in with that same god damn tone,

Damnit man !

milkyjoe

Veteran
Wow that is sooo messed up and surprised coming from you. If you look back through ALL of my posts I've said that the AEA foliar program has been the difference in making some gardens work. Prove me wrong. I dare you. It saved the ass of one of my friends and he was asked to supply pics to AEA for their new Biological Advantage website. Cool story there and the clones he made from plants after a few weeks on the AEA program really awesome.

I bitched about Build A Soil and not really bitched except called Jeremy at BAS for the service he was providing which, until this point, has been fucked.

You really want me to go through the list

First gou have the fucking nerve to bad mouth Coot. I happen to have massive love and respect for that guy...you got no fucking clue who he is. Straight up pisses me off.

Second build a soil is a personal smoke some coot genetic (fantastic imo) friend. He gave you exactly the soil you asked for. If it is fucked up that is on you. He tried to talk you into something else. Quit crying like a little bitch.
If you want we can post pms...do you want?

You lie about my friends and you piss me off...period

L

Luther Burbank

Come on, cool it brothers. The ignore feature is there for a reason if things have become this strained. Coot snarls a bunch here and there, but I've never seen him let someone disagreeing or bad mouthing him get under his skin; it's my suggestion you do the same milky. And BYF is right, sharing PMs without the other party's permission is a TOU violation that will get the banhammer dropped. I've been wondering who runs Build A Soil - between the coot mix and the Chapin 1949 sprayer in their pics I knew it's someone from the old crew.

Tried the sea stim recipe milky posted for fighting spider mites with atomizer, seemed to piss them off a bit. Plants definitely loved it. Do you know how it works?

FatherEarth

Veteran
Gabe,
I was really just messing around. Truly. I know some of the folks here personally so when I'm speaking I know their techniques and way of doing things is a step or two above the rest. You made a joke about us learning to clone, I simply asked to see your clones to make sure you are even in the same arena before I waste my breath. If you check my galleries or read my threads I got clone pics and methods detailed. I root cuts in 7 days consistently. I make large clones that are of superior health, even before all the AEA nutrients came along. Blah blah.. Anyhow BYF made an excellent point we were just starting to get this thread moving talking methods and experiences. Let's be adults, brush off the awkward energy and continue forward. The whole gang is here let's share some knowledge and learn something."..

FatherEarth

Veteran
That being said, I had a first time experience in cloning happen the other day. I had a small batch of clone in a homemade chamber in some Qplugs on a heating mat and under t5s.. Being super busy I hadn't paid attention to how long they had been rooting but I know I was past the 10 day mark.i inspected them and no roots were showing. I normally will gently tear open a Qplugs and examine them closely before tossing them which i did.. Looked a lil rusty and starting to rot. so I tossed it under the microscope.... Holy shit it was teaming with nematodes! They were writhing in and out of cells all in the stem lower half. I had seen this happen before and never scoped it. Makes me wonder how many times I've had nematodes preventing root formation.......? You know me I had to snap some pics and make a video... I'll see if I can get it posted..

Anyone else ever have this problem?

milkyjoe

Veteran
Tried the sea stim recipe milky posted for fighting spider mites with atomizer, seemed to piss them off a bit. Plants definitely loved it. Do you know how it works?

The theory is to produce plants with long carbon chain compounds that sap sucking insects cannot digest at all. On top of that you want a lot of sugar in the plant as the sap suckers cannot prevent the conversion of sugar to alcohol. They die of alcohol poisoning.

The key to long chain compounds is enzymes...they catalyze reactions that would take forever otherwise. The key to enzymes is trace mineral co factors provided by the kelp and aided in uptake by the microbes and enzymes in the tainio stuff.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
There are other trace mineral sources besides the Kelp in the AEA Program that go towards co factoring enzyme production , but Sea Stim is a pretty good start for them.

They have organic nematicides that are field tested and the trials peer reviewed. The trade name on one is MeloCon WG , its 25 bux a lb the smallest packaging is for 25 acres,

I think you use 1 lb per acre.

Pangea

Veteran
Waiting to hear back from their Canadian warehouse, but I'm going to order:

pht ca
pht p
pht k
photomag
seashield
micropack

not sure about the rejuvenate and sea stim?

Do any products contain Fe, Zn, Mn, or Cu? (editnever mind, found the product info, slow internet here.)

Anyone have their sap analysed yet?

Last edited: