What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients, Love it or Hate it, State your claim!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I dont know how they can claim they have scientific testing, yet reformulate 3x in 6-7 years. Using consumers as guinea pigs errr.. 'scientific testers' doesnt seem to qualify to me.

I though Einstein couldnt balance a checkbook...

I guess I would look into who they have onboard first before I said too much..
LOL LOL double cough..:blowbubbles:
ONK! ONK! LOL LOL

S

Surfr

I dont know how they can claim they have scientific testing, yet reformulate 3x in 6-7 years. Using consumers as guinea pigs errr.. 'scientific testers' doesnt seem to qualify to me.

I though Einstein couldnt balance a checkbook...

In some people eyes, there is ALWAYS room for improvement, no matter how good your product may be...

If I owned a nute company, I too would hire many scientists to continually be searching for the next best thing.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
i use 3 part and blood for week 1 then big bud weeks2 -5 and overdrive week6-8, then finalphase for a week of flush
ans b-52 is great use it the up until flush tooo.
have had great results with different strains. I would recomened it I also dont like how they have started to change all the products to make them ph stable , not a fan of change,but its worked so far for me?

peace ts

In some people eyes, there is ALWAYS room for improvement, no matter how good your product may be...

If I owned a nute company, I too would hire many scientists to continually be searching for the next best thing.

LOL, how baked were you, I mean really. What does that have to do with AN being full of crap, and making shady claims?

If I owned a nute company I would put all the ingredients on the bottle, and focus more on quality plant food and less on flashy labels.

toohighmf

Veteran
Did you guys know that AN had a deal with Ed Rosenthal for a signature series of "premium" cannabis specific nutes, and After making a product line, catalog, magazine ads, media kits, but suddenly the deal was dead. who do you think wanted out???

toohighmf

Veteran
We know AN lost hornby and hornby took his name off the products. Totally different ramrod. Hornby was on board before Eds signature line. I meant who between ED or AN walked from that deal????

B

Bud Bug

Found this online and have to comment on it.

According to Straumietis, these companies and several others advertise their hydroponics wares in Maximum Yield hydroponics magazine (the magazine runs and sponsors the Expo), but the magazine and its advertisers hypocritically pretend that its readers, advertisers and customers are growing cucumbers, lettuce and daisies, instead of herbal medicine sold in hundreds of medical dispensaries throughout California.

Funny what was the last time you saw any mention of weed in Rosebud except for the fuck up on the LED ad that showed weed plants. All of the AN advertising has vegetables on the ads. Pot meet kettle.

Should also adg I hate MY. Its a useless magazine with mostly ad supported articles. Man I wish Growing Edge was still printed.

joedub

I like advanced nutrients. I just recently switched to hydro from dirt so my setup is still kinda new to me but from what i have seen they offer great products for those who can afford them. I have not been able to find the same bacteria cultures in a cheaper product and from what i have seen the more beneficial bacteria you can produce the bigger roots your going to have. Its all in the roots.
That being said they are more expensive then many other companies and many places wont carry advanced nutrients because they are so open about being made to grow bud. I think their openness is a good thing because its bud i want to be growing not canna lilies or tomatoes and certain beneficial bacteria are plant specific.
I think it really just comes down to how long you have been using what you have been using. It is a little absurd to think that after using nutrients of any type once or twice you can say you have gotten the most potential out of that nutrients.
My suggestion is that if you are going to use advanced nutrients spend a good amount of time reading about their products and HOW ingredients are used by plants. Its expensive so the less experimenting the better.
I'm not sure if your an "AN Crony" as some would call it but no matter because I'm only quoting you to prove why I don't like AN, they claim plant specific bacterias/nutrients and being for the plant we all love yet they put plenty of ecto-mycorrhizae and charge up the ass for it? here's old news for AN ecto's are mainly for certain type of trees and have a high spore count... so your definitely paying more for AN but your not getting more. I hate AN because you can buy superior versions of there products for way cheaper prices, also there dirty marketing tactics for no reason(glad other companies are smart/classy enough not to take there bait).

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
We know AN lost hornby and hornby took his name off the products. Totally different ramrod. Hornby was on board before Eds signature line. I meant who between ED or AN walked from that deal????

LOL LOL LOL NO NO NO

I won't get into it but your WAY off here lol lol... things are not always as they seem boys and the ppl with the big names are also not always as they seem either lol.. Don't get sucked in by big names etc. Just stick with the facts What works and foget all the other shit it's all just a BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!! just play with your plant and all should be well.. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I'm not sure if your an "AN Crony" as some would call it but no matter because I'm only quoting you to prove why I don't like AN, they claim plant specific bacterias/nutrients and being for the plant we all love yet they put plenty of ecto-mycorrhizae and charge up the ass for it? here's old news for AN ecto's are mainly for certain type of trees and have a high spore count... so your definitely paying more for AN but your not getting more. I hate AN because you can buy superior versions of there products for way cheaper prices, also there dirty marketing tactics for no reason(glad other companies are smart/classy enough not to take there bait).

For example who joedub?? which comanies lol peace out Headband707:)

joedub

For example who joedub?? which comanies lol peace out Headband707:)
not sure about your first question. An example of a product which they probably rape you for and give inferior would be there fulvic acid and potassium silicate that was watered down(currently using Protekt but hear good things about yellow bottle). Not only are the alternatives cheaper but more concentrated/superior.

I wont buy any of AN Products, cause their marketing is just insulting. They prolly have some advanced Products which you cant get from another company but still...

Just look at this Page and the Vids for pure entertainment:
http://www.growersunderground.com/blog/

Big Mike goes on and on, brabbling about Buds the Size of your Arms. Like 15 Minutes without telling any real advice. The man is a genius, in that he knows how to target customers, who are willing to buy 17 Bottles.

Also if you get half the Poeple to buy a bottle with double the margin, you still making money without actually selling much and the Production costs of some of these Products is less then their bottle.

I think the Guy who made the Text for this Vid summed it up perfectly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqGzkqHneg

toohighmf

Veteran
LOL LOL LOL NO NO NO

I won't get into it but your WAY off here lol lol... things are not always as they seem boys and the ppl with the big names are also not always as they seem either lol.. Don't get sucked in by big names etc. Just stick with the facts What works and foget all the other shit it's all just a BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!! just play with your plant and all should be well.. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

How far off am I? I saw the ads, I was givin the press kit.
I saw the bottles. Ed either ditched them before it launched, or AN changed their political agenda for the 4th time in 9 years...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
How far off am I? I saw the ads, I was givin the press kit.
I saw the bottles. Ed either ditched them before it launched, or AN changed their political agenda for the 4th time in 9 years...

i think advanced would of pulled out after they saw how ed grows.....

was a partner with him 13 years ago. we had spider mites with a week left. what did he do? go to walgreens and buy two bug foggers. bombed that shit and sold it to patients a week later....

he was a decent grower, but really nothing special.....

Latest posts

Latest posts