What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced nutes vs house and garden , what nute do you all like better ?

i just want something that is easy cheap ,a nute does not that need 10 bottles. I just want aeasy cheap complete nute. Im also considering fox farm, and maxigrow and maxi bloom.I know maxi grow and bloom are cheap but I think it might not be as complete as others i named off, but i could be wrong

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
i just want something that is easy cheap ,a nute does not that need 10 bottles. I just want aeasy cheap complete nute. Im also considering fox farm, and maxigrow and maxi bloom.I know maxi grow and bloom are cheap but I think it might not be as complete as others i named off, but i could be wrong

What is your definition of 'complete'?

Electrician

You don't want to use my line up then LOL... My Recipe is made up of 20products. All at different times throughout the cycle. To each his own.

yes i use H&G whole line and costs me 1600 compared to AN at 3800...much cheaper and much better quality less bottles less confusing...

but if your a newb and want nice plants and a fert that has it all, why not go maxibloom? simple all in one fert that has it ALL, if you want to use supplements thats your chouce but you dont need

Is it going to cost me 1600 bucks to do 6 plants in a RDWC system ? I hope not

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Hands down House and garden takes the prize for me. I used to use sensi grow and bloom. But I Love H&G I wouldn't use anything else. Also. They don't have a separate grow and bloom formula. It's just 1 AB base for both. Plus ur additives That's my opinion and I really see them taking over the market soon enough

what dyna grow products are you using. I bet dyna grow and dyna bloom any additives ?

This is what I am doing:

fix my water
This is removing chlorine and chloramine with an aquarium
product and using Pro-Tekt and Cal-Mag to get the ppm up to between 100 and 200 ppm (I like the higher side).

I use Foliage for vegging and I also use a bit of Foliage through flowering to keep N levels up.

I use Bloom augmented with a little Mag-Pro and around 3 weeks the rez gets a shot of powdered Koolbloom.

I also use H&G Dripclean as I do a topfeed drip into 8" dia airpots with coir.

There really is no magic formula! Look in a mirror and say that three times! :)

Start out at about 50% of the manufacturer's feed schedules and watch your girls for hints.

This is just like getting older in life -- it's all depends.

The lumens your girls get will affect feeding scheds all sorts of things will. A good place to start learning is by refreshing your knowledge of high school chemistry then pick up a little botany and plant physiology. Its much more informative reading than the self-serving rags of the hydro/boom industry.

A little knowledge really sharpens the old bullshit filter -- just my 2 cents.

Less is almost always more.

Peace

EcB

worked in a hydro shop in the UK in my late teens early twenties. Just looking at all the nutrients AN always stood out as a horrible brand, i hated all the stupid names with stupid pictures on the bottles.

To much hype.

H&G all the way!

A

acridlab

Been running side by sides, a.n vs. H&G..cuz I wanted to get away from advanced, cuz they are some douches,, but I gotta say, a.n comes out with stronger aroma and flavor every time.. Aquaflakes and the rest of the line grows beautiful healthy plants n buds,, but they lack something... and when it comes to advanced,, they're products smell natural to me, vs. H&g, which smells like straight chemicals.. they're amino treatment smells like that shit hairdressers use to give perms, for Christ sake, lol.. Anyhow,, yeah , I believed all the hype on h&g,, and yeah, it's a solid line,,but for me, in my setup,, advanced comes out on top.. I've even given out grams of my sour kush, grown with each line. And I had 100% of the blind testers come back saying the advanced buds were better in every way.. that's when I knew I was done with house.... to each they're own tho,, peace

Homebrewer

Veteran
Been running side by sides, a.n vs. H&G..cuz I wanted to get away from advanced, cuz they are some douches,, but I gotta say, a.n comes out with stronger aroma and flavor every time.. Aquaflakes and the rest of the line grows beautiful healthy plants n buds,, but they lack something... and when it comes to advanced,, they're products smell natural to me, vs. H&g, which smells like straight chemicals.. they're amino treatment smells like that shit hairdressers use to give perms, for Christ sake, lol.. Anyhow,, yeah , I believed all the hype on h&g,, and yeah, it's a solid line,,but for me, in my setup,, advanced comes out on top.. I've even given out grams of my sour kush, grown with each line. And I had 100% of the blind testers come back saying the advanced buds were better in every way.. that's when I knew I was done with house.... to each they're own tho,, peace

Got a link to the journal?

A

acridlab

I don't do journals,, I do it for me..
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
everybody that smokes my herb, know the deal..

drgr33nuk

I'd say they both have good products and both run a completely different range of products. I love H&G roots exc and in my opinion you cannot beat it for a root additive also rate the amino treatment.

AN has some gems like Big bud, revive, sensizym, overdrive, F1 & H2 (whatever way the 1/2 go lol) but they do like to overprice things like voodoo juice, piranha, tarantula etc and they do like to blow their own trumpet. But what I will say about Advanced nutrients is that even though they are overpriced if you look at the active ingredients and then do some research on how and why you will find that Advanced nutrients have a very productive and sound lineup. I could sit here all day typing about what I do and don't agree with in both ranges but bottom line they both work and very well AN has a more complete range but HG have unique products too with a lot nicer price tag. It's all about whatever works for you really.

papaduc

Veteran
People who like or don't know they're paying for water go with AN.

Everyone else shops elsewhere.

A

acridlab

Heavy 16 is bad ass,, love the veg a/b to this day,,,, but for the bloom products that sensi and big bud/bud candy/overdrive still kills it in peatn perlite,, nothing added.

Have not run those but i have talked to the heavy guy blake or ? And that gu knows his shyt. Like i said. Pros use it for a reason. Only additive i use in bloom is budswel a tea and mykos

Homebrewer

Veteran
The only difference between all these brands is their elemental content and their ratios to one another. Most manufacturers are just copying something else already on the market which is why these canna-specific companies need to rely on slick marketing to move bottles of watered-down salts.

When it comes to plant nutrition, you can always tell one's level of understanding by the brand they got suckered into buying.