What's new

Advance Nutrients is an amazing brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Funny, I feel the same way. then sometimes I take a piss and realize that I memorized every quote on the damn wall! AN and stall humor go hand in hand I guess!
toohighmf

I thought you might get a chuckle on a post I made on another thread.

Or not..................
Think about this scenario....................

There's a symposium on advancing crop yields in developing countries where solid information is being presented by scientists, botanists, agriculture researchers - people deeply committed to advancing the process of making more food available to the world's poorest.

About 2 hours into the presentations, the light dim and representatives from Fox Farms, Advanced Nutrients, THUNDERgro, et al. appear on the stage and each company is given 4 minutes to explain their products and why they are the answer to the huge problems being addressed.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that at the end of the presentations, the majority of the audience would jump out of their seats, clapping wildly and cheering and laughing.

They'd probably think it was a comedy skit before the afternoon session.

Maybe not.

CC

B

Bud Bug

I just went through their new catalog which is as thick as their Rosebud mag. Basically Rosebud with out any articles.

Best part was looking at the claims they make with the new Melon Head reflector which is the exact copy of a shade made by Light Energy which is also sold under other brand names. I think its the same company that makes the shades for Hydrotek's Silver Star line which as been around for like 7+ years.

Also their new Bad Ass Fan which is an Elicent/Vortex/Can Fan copy. Kinda late with the fan design by about 10 years.

toohighmf

Veteran
Ed Hardy is a tough yuppy clothing line that sells $400 rhinestone t-shirts w gold and red "Flair" it's an image for those w money and low self esteem. As AN claims to grow you bigger better buds and charge like they do; is much like Ed hardiots buying clothes that they think get them laid.. Ed Hardy also makes deoderant, lighters, Car scents, BEER, and just about anything you can imagine a Clothing Company would NEVER put out. Much like AN trying to put out water cooled gear, lighting, co2 burners, and fans... wonder how much more they can charge for putting their logo on it...

couchlockd

Hey tohighmf, you dont know me to cut me down like that. I also recall somewhere in rhis thread were tou were saying post count is ajuvenill way to judge someones experience in growig. Nnow i wasnt "xtremely excited" about anything new an has been doing with thier ne"system" they talk about. I was. Just lettibg you all know that theyhave changed up everything is getting revamped and it seems silly and agrRevating at best. Im not excited or happy with this. I am fine using conny w big bud overdrive budcandy and great white for flower for veg i just use myco fubgi and bennybacteria and sensi grow. Also ive been on this site for the better part of four years i just change up my handle every couple harvests cuzz of paranoia. Lastly you worked for an and got FIRED. no im just playing we all know you quit cuzz of morals and told higgins to sell bc tap water with blue dye in it as a supplement. That right there is wrong selling tap water and you caall youself a moral driven person. Also a joke, but just to show you how easily one can make a broad assumption of someone on this site because of post count you simple bastard and that is not a joke i untill your post attacking me i listened to all of your advi e wholeheartedly. But your agenda is to flame a company and every one who uses thier products. Toohighmf get a life you hate an and. Belittle the people who use an as iinexperienced novice growers, no matter who they are 1 post or a million posts youreat us an users all the same, ignorantly to sAy the least. To me it siunds a little like sour grapes cuzz you didnt stay on board with an as they are now. Blowing up big time. I am quute pissedd at an at the moment for all the constant changes they are always doing, but i still will use conny big bud overdrive budcandy abd sensizyme the way i always have ...nice and lightly. Toohigh you appear to be very. Very goid at growing and know your shit quite well but dont. bE so hasty to pass judgement on me or anyone else just cuzz of the nutes they use. I like an stuff and you ir no ody else will change that. Istill will continue to listen to yiur advice on how to use a. Stuff more efficiently byt take a chill pill man dont you got some good indica tosmoke as you are a grandmaster grower. Lol

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Hey tohighmf, you dont know me to cut me down like that. I also recall somewhere in rhis thread were tou were saying post count is ajuvenill way to judge someones experience in growig. Nnow i wasnt "xtremely excited"
this is where i stopped. lol. its called proofreading and paragraphs. I cant believe someone would think someone else would read that jumbled pile of thoughts. who could read that mess. LOL Its called proofreading and paragraphs.

Dey teach juvenills puchutation, organisati0n and gramm3r, some of dem choose n0t two use it.

B

Bud Bug

this is where i stopped. lol. its called proofreading and paragraphs. I cant believe someone would think someone else would read that jumbled pile of thoughts.

I wrote something similar but decided not to submit it and stir shit up. I'm far from having perfect sentence/spelling structure but at least spend a minute proof reading your work. Its pretty easy to right click on a word and have Firefox/Opera give you the correct spelling.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess that depends on how many Ed Hardy fans are in the audience...

best gear ever
picture.php

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
There are some posts on this forum that could be giving the equation to turn lead into gold, and no one would know.

The posts could be a genius, innovative, and though provoking, but when the thoughts are delivered as clearly as juicebox here:
dustin_hoffman_rain_man1218236383.jpg

The whole message tends to get lost.

[Greatest pick ever!]

toohighmf

Veteran
Hey tohighmf, you dont know me to cut me down like that. I also recall somewhere in rhis thread were tou were saying post count is ajuvenill way to judge someones experience in growig. Nnow i wasnt "xtremely excited" about anything new an has been doing with thier ne"system" they talk about. I was. Just lettibg you all know that theyhave changed up everything is getting revamped and it seems silly and agrRevating at best. Im not excited or happy with this. I am fine using conny w big bud overdrive budcandy and great white for flower for veg i just use myco fubgi and bennybacteria and sensi grow. Also ive been on this site for the better part of four years i just change up my handle every couple harvests cuzz of paranoia. Lastly you worked for an and got FIRED. no im just playing we all know you quit cuzz of morals and told higgins to sell bc tap water with blue dye in it as a supplement. That right there is wrong selling tap water and you caall youself a moral driven person. Also a joke, but just to show you how easily one can make a broad assumption of someone on this site because of post count you simple bastard and that is not a joke i untill your post attacking me i listened to all of your advi e wholeheartedly. But your agenda is to flame a company and every one who uses thier products. Toohighmf get a life you hate an and. Belittle the people who use an as iinexperienced novice growers, no matter who they are 1 post or a million posts youreat us an users all the same, ignorantly to sAy the least. To me it siunds a little like sour grapes cuzz you didnt stay on board with an as they are now. Blowing up big time. I am quute pissedd at an at the moment for all the constant changes they are always doing, but i still will use conny big bud overdrive budcandy abd sensizyme the way i always have ...nice and lightly. Toohigh you appear to be very. Very goid at growing and know your shit quite well but dont. bE so hasty to pass judgement on me or anyone else just cuzz of the nutes they use. I like an stuff and you ir no ody else will change that. Istill will continue to listen to yiur advice on how to use a. Stuff more efficiently byt take a chill pill man dont you got some good indica tosmoke as you are a grandmaster grower. Lol

I appreciate the compliments. thank you. I bash what is wrong with the company I quit working for. I was not fired. I told Higgens to bottle up tap water dye it and call it snake oil. out of disgust for a plethora of dogshit they were putting out. people were having cock measuring contests on the AN forums of who used the most supplements/additives..

AN is like 26" rims & 12 headrest tv's for your grow. Pointless bling expense. If you feel better at night for using it, go with god.. I do not judge on post count alone, and I was not dissing you personally. We have our share of posts coming from AN employees and perhaps fat mike himself that sign on w alias accts and have very similar posts like yours. the mod team, many members, and myself start to smell something rotten. I am sorry you are offended. Why take it so personally? this is the internet.

When have I ever not tried to help people who insist on using AN? I know my fert lines pretty well and have learned that quality and ease go hand in hand. While I can mix up 12 bottles of other "enhancers" from various co's. Changing Big Bud completely ruined any hope I had in their products.

I get a lot of pms from AN users w their issues and ask me about what I know of AN. I try to help them & I tell them nothing but the truth. If they have issues, I TRY to help them correct it with what they have. I have responded to hundreds of AN related issue threads to guide AN users. I'm not against the users. I just want them to realize that You can get better results using higher concentrations/lower dosages, using other products. the hobbyist hydro industry is all image & marketing. it's all smoke n mirrors.

I can't wait for the next round of questions I'm about to get in regards to fixing their issues w the ph/ppm perfect program.. :thank you: AN!!!! ROT IN HELL!!! lol..

cultiv8

"I quit, I wasn't fired."

Oh, well that makes it all better.

Dude, you've clearly got a lot of anger associated with working there, yet we're supposed to trust you to be honest and impartial?

Let's be fair. It takes more than one side to create a problem. I've had horrible jobs as well, but at least part of the problem was me. If you've ever brought up any of the "problems" you had at Advanced Nutrients in a job interview for a job you didn't get... well that's probably why you didn't get it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say you don't know what you're talking about, or even that there isn't a chance you're right. I'm just saying the sheer ferocity you show towards Advanced Nutrients or anyone unfortunate enough to not share your point of view makes people question your motives. And then when they actually do question you, and you counter with equal aggression they question whether they're getting the whole story.

I find myself wondering if the people at Advanced Nutrients would agree on the quit/fired point. You obviously didn't get angry at AN after you "quit", so how much of your problem with the company was caused by you hating them while you worked there? You can't really blame them for treating you badly if you're complaining and angry all the time.

If you acted there like you do here... well we get back to the suspicion over the quit/fired thing.

toohighmf

Veteran
Oh I was angry at AN well before I quit. I took as much BS as I could before I left. I'm not out to steer anyone wrong. why would I put out info that is false to pourposely sabotoge anyone?? That's not why I'm here. Fact is there are plenty screaming right along with me, but since I worked for them, I get the flack. whatever. cool w me. Actually, when working in the hydro industry, you don't really want to mention you work for AN. If your worth your weight, your potential employer already knows if you worked for AN. For many, it's instant rejection. for the minority, I might be an instant hire. there is no middle ground. I only bash the crappy AN products. too bad that makes up for 75% of the catalog.

B

Bud Bug

A.N. Is trying at least that is more than other companys can say

Trying what? Confuse their customers and use ass to sell their products.

There's a reason why GH out sells AN/DM/Canna/etc.. 20:1 here and thats because they are stable and have very solid product line which is slowly improved over time while maintaining a good image.

Same thing happens with DM. They are always changing their products/labels and confusing the customer.

toke_eyo

As much as I do pay them (currently running, iguana grow, fulvic acid, pirahna, tarantula, sensi bloom a and b, big bud, bud candy, b52 and bud factor x) they could def invest in a better container, maybe one that actually seals. Lol yeah man I ordered an iguana grow once and when I got it half had already leaked out into the box it was shipped in. Smelled like a box full of shit. You AN guys know the smell, that shit was in my carpet for 2 weeks before the smell came out, but my carpet grew 2 inches!

couchlockd

tohighmf i was using an iphone to type with in that last post. i may have came off a bit harsh, but you just got right under my skinn with the " UH-OH escited newbie raving about watered down new AN stuff with 11 posts" remark. like i said i take all of the advice you give out regarding the usage of the an stuff cuzz i know you know how to use as you obviously ran very huge and successfull gardens with an nutes just like you do with other companies nutes.

so sorry for jumping on ya like that but you should not be how do you say elite-ist.

Status
Not open for further replies.