What's new

ACMPR(Medical use and production) info and links.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Whats the health canada turn around time these days?

I just called them to ask about an application i sent in at the beginning of december. They acknowledged they had it, but couldn't give an ETA or any solid information.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran

I just called them to ask about an application i sent in at the beginning of december. They acknowledged they had it, but couldn't give an ETA or any solid information.

1-2 months from mailing it in is about the average I have seen. I am guessing the holidays could have slowed it down as well. Not like HC gives a fuck about us. I am renewing 3 months early just in case they play around.

stonedfly

A legal grower can grow for themselves and 2 others as a DG.

true, but whats the point in our case to actually do the DG part of the application?

im not sure if its worth it for me to become the DG for her or just get her the production licence ...

or am I better of becoming her DG?

any thoughts guys?

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
true, but whats the point in our case to actually do the DG part of the application?

im not sure if its worth it for me to become the DG for her or just get her the production licence ...

or am I better of becoming her DG?

any thoughts guys?

If you are DG you need a criminal record check. If you each grow your own, there is no record check. Only real difference I can see.

stonedfly

If you are DG you need a criminal record check. If you each grow your own, there is no record check. Only real difference I can see.

well I'm in the process of finding a Dr. to sign me off ... but right now I would be doing all the growing for her

was thinking if I was her DG then I could transport without her in the vehicle... I could still get my own production license in the future ...

either way my garden gets protected from LEO , but I'm just trying to figure the best way to navigate it...

a criminal record check is no problem and not too hard to do... did one for a part time security job once... sat on my ass all night. sweet job

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
it seems its only 2 total... 1 DG and 1 for yourself ... not 2 plus yourself

Do you own your grow site? if you're growing for yourself you can squeek by without owning it or showing permission.

but if you're gonna dg, the property owner has to know (or be you)

stonedfly

Do you own your grow site? if you're growing for yourself you can squeek by without owning it or showing permission.

but if you're gonna dg, the property owner has to know (or be you)

no we live together in a rental

according to HC forms I do not need permission if the grow location is my ordinary place of residence...

this is from the annex B form;

B3. Production site
Please choose one of the following three options:

-I will produce marihuana plants at my ordinary place of residence (the address was provided in section B1 of this Annex.)

-I will produce marihuana plants at the applicant’s ordinary place of residence (the address that was provided in Section 2 of the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations Registration Form.)

-I will produce marihuana at a site other than either my ordinary place of residence or at the ordinary residence of the applicant.

If you selected the third option, please provide the following information for the proposed site where the marihuana plants will be produced:
Address: (Field)
City:
Province:

Postal code:

-The proposed production site is my ordinary place of residence or that of the applicant or is owned or part owned by me or the applicant:

yes no

If you answered yes, please skip Section B4 and move to Section B5.

so I could just select the option that I would grow at the applicants ordinary place of residence, which is my home, lol...

im guessing that she making me her DG, would be the legit thing to do, according to HC.

I could still get my own license ... she got 10 grams from the Dr.... lets see if HC approves

stonedfly

i currently grow a 4000w garden in our place... so getting this license is just to protect us really... she doesn't have a desire to grow...

if she gets the 10 grams approved by HC ill have to rework my system / timing to figure out how to achieve the same yields from 64 flowering plants to 49 flowering plants...

hoping I can get a license for 5 grams so I can do my same routine lol ...

but all these government forms and "signing my name" is getting me sketched out due to many years of being a outlaw

Highcountry

I've been waiting for 10+ weeks since they received my application. When I called last week I was told it was being worked on. I know a couple others that applied after I did and they're still waiting as well.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
im guessing that she making me her DG, would be the legit thing to do, according to HC.

It would be a legit thing to do, but once you enter the DG territory, HC wants to see landlord permission.

If you are both applying for yourselves, they don't.

stonedfly

It would be a legit thing to do, but once you enter the DG territory, HC wants to see landlord permission.

I don't see where you think you need landlord permission on the annex B form ( DG form )

There is also the option to grow at the applicants address , which is mine... I'm not 100% but that's my interpretation of the rules...

Could you post a link or quote please ? I'm about to send off the forms as we have the script from her dr...

Would seem silly that I couldn't grow for my partner ... yet she could do it at the same location ... obviously I would be doing the growing

stonedfly

I would post a link to the forms but I included the text from the actual form in a previous post...

The only info I'm going on is the DG annex B form ... nowhere in it does it say I need permission if the production site is either at my ordinary place of residence or the applicants ordinary place of residents.

I suppose I'll call HC for some info regarding growing for a partner . Anyone else have any thoughts on this ?

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran

This is true. It is in the forms, read carefully, section B3, B4, A1, and A2. If you are a DG, or not growing at your normal place of residence you will need land owner's permission.

stonedfly

I have read it ..

Could someone post a quote ? I've read thru all the forms and do not see it

Seems dumb that we could get a production license for our rental in her name, and one in my name ... but I cannot get both in my name ... for the reason that I'll be doing all the growing and transporting.

rhe rules have changed from the mmar days regarding DG ... I guess I'll have to call HC

Last edited:

stonedfly

I'm not 100% like I've said but I've filled
Out both the forms and it doesn't ask for landlord consent if it's my ordinary place of residence or if I'm growing it at the applicants address like stated in the forms

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I'm not 100% like I've said but I've filled
Out both the forms and it doesn't ask for landlord consent if it's my ordinary place of residence or if I'm growing it at the applicants address like stated in the forms

You are right. Your good , if you, or her live there you are good without any landlord's consent. Sorry if I just confuse instead of help.

stonedfly

Lol all good ... HC doesn't make this easy for us to figure out

The old mmar program may have wanted Landlord consent for a DG but it doesn't seem like that anymore

The DG forms have 3 options like I've quoted in my previous post

Why would my applicant need permission if I was to grow at thier place, rather than them do it theirselves ? Considering we
Live together seems redundant

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
my bad, read the form wrong, they have a lot of "or's" that make it easy to read it as being the same as mmar rules.

considering I make a nice sideline setting people up who wouldn't otherwise be medical growing, I should really have had my socks pulled up on this one.