What's new

ACETONE is WIDELY used as an ORGANIC solvent.

W

WhoMan

whoman - thats called hotknifing.
Thank you, i knew someone knew what that was called. I couldnt handle another one of those this day and age. Its been 15 years since i have hit something like that but its one of those things you must try if you havent. Good day all Whoman

W

WhoMan

WM
heres a couple of shot while evaporating.

Kinda looks a little green ,What you think?

I know i was going ouside but got exited to try this

Exactly what its suppose to look like. Perfect 100%. When you scrape it up it will turn black. Its messy until it is fully dry beware. You are in for a real treat:) You have my word pimp. Whoman

W

WhoMan

Acetone is your friend IMO. And their is nothing better in my c2c. Whoman

W

WhoMan

If you flush your pot you wont have that much chlorophyll in your leaves to worry about, or if you give it a quick wash you wont have no chlorophyll, and one last way to deal with that is what someone else i believe asked and that was if you could use chilled acetone lilke the ice bath, Yes, and that their would keep tha impurities at bay if done in a timely fashion also. And remember you dont half to use leaves, nuggetz make the best oil IMO. Whoman

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Thank you very much WhoMan +rep,,Gonna scrap it up and try it first thing tomorrow.
First high of the day you know best test time for me
I'll let you know.

Thank's
I N Hail

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
W
"Northbourne’s (the first person to use the term Organic Farming)
If he'd named it something else, we wouldn't have this confusion now, would we? :laughing:

The reason I won't use acetone is that, in addition to the resins, it also extracts the waxes and other materials I don't want. :noway:

For my own purposes, I'll stick with BHO extraction on a small scale.
I have no clue what I would use if I was doing a large scale extraction. I'll have to look into that if AB 390 passes :)

W

WhoMan

Thank you very much WhoMan +rep,,Gonna scrap it up and try it first thing tomorrow.
First high of the day you know best test time for me
I'll let you know.

Thank's
I N Hail
No doubt playa. Good day. Whoman

gunnaknow

The reason I won't use acetone is that, in addition to the resins, it also extracts the waxes and other materials I don't want. :noway:

Actually, it is non polar solvents that extract the most wax. Of the most common non polar solvents, butane will extract the least because of it's cold temperature. If you really wish to make the purest oil then you first use butane and then redissolve the BHO in a non polar solvent like ISO, before chilling in the freezer for 24 hrs and filtering. That removes any wax in the BHO. It's not really necessary, it's just one of those extra touches.

gunna

W

WhoMan

Hey Hydro Soil i was reading the words under your avatar and it sais 15+ other things, i was just wondering if eyesight was one of them:) Whoman

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran

Got up this morn. dropped a dollop on some foil enough for about 5or6 hits .
:woohoo:Hell yes nice treat , Sweet buzz I LIKE IT,Thanks WM
I only did about 1/2 of what i had, so now i'm doing the rest

Thanks for info WM (and the other info TOO):joint:

I N Hail

W

WhoMan

Got up this morn. dropped a dollop on some foil enough for about 5or6 hits .
:woohoo:Hell yes nice treat , Sweet buzz I LIKE IT,Thanks WM
I only did about 1/2 of what i had, so now i'm doing the rest

Thanks for info WM (and the other info TOO):joint:

I N Hail
Good deal INH, try it in a bong or in a bowl. Make sure it is all the way dry :) Whoman

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You posted a high res photo of your oil. I can SEE the crap in that.
Compare it to pics of BHO or QWISO and you'll see the difference.

Acetone pulls out too much wax and crap from the plant, even on a short wash. If you washed it fast enough to leave the crud, you'd get a much lower yield and you'd be leaving some of the good stuff behind.

Figure out a way to remove the crud from that and I'll say.... Okee.

W

WhoMan

A lil closer not too shabby eh
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gunnaknow

Keep it simple, whew. Easy does it:) Whoman

People can make it as simple or as complicated as they like.

You posted a high res photo of your oil. I can SEE the crap in that.
Compare it to pics of BHO or QWISO and you'll see the difference.

Have you even bothered to read the posts before yours? He didn't filter the oil or quick wash it; the crap in his oil has got nothing to do with him having used acetone. I don't like his methods at all but that has got nothing to do with the properties of acetone.

Acetone pulls out too much wax and crap from the plant, even on a short wash.

Wax dissolves poorly in polar solvents like ISO and acetone because waxes are non polar. I don't endorse the use of acetone over any other solvent but I do dislike seeing so much uneducated commentary. First it was nonsense regarding the supposed toxicity, now it's nonsense regarding the supposed affinity of acetone for wax. Just keep it factual. If you don't feel comfortable using acetone then don't use it. I prefer butane over ISO or acetone myself but I am atleast willing to remain neutral and factual about other solvents.

Wfw1

Thank you gunna you just spoke that one loud and clear for me. It'd be a long time before I run out of ISO and thought of acetone but when I do it's certainly a possibility if the results work for me, I know some of you are uncomfortable with it but at least show some respect to the person opening up a new option for you.

Lets focus on facts and be logical people eh?