What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds / Upcoming Releases &

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
The way you have been talking about the incensy nature of the Nepal it has really got my attention. The Kali Mist pheno I had did not smell like pot at all when burned and literally smelled exactly like Nag Champa incense. The flavor was the most intense of anything I've ever had and the high was soaring with no ceiling. I remember we chatted quite awhile ago and you said the high type for Kali could be a bit dirty. Mine smelled like a heavy soapy perfume in flower and the taste was similar and needed a month or so to cure cause the flavor was TOO strong otherwise...lol.

I've had some Haze's and Haze crosses but never really happy with em enough to grow em regularly. Is the Nepalese Kathmandu different from Nepalese Highland?

Sounds like a great match...and am drooling in anticipation.

Good day Whatever,

Kali mist aroma and taste are unique, it's true inspiration for other sativa breeders. You'll find different aromas in the new kali mist, varying from skunk/mango/haze, lemony menthol incense, dark hashy incense ... you'll find even non incensey females, half of the kali mist i grew from seed were not incensey, they had a classic sweet skunk dutch aroma and were avoided in the selection process, the other half had the desired hazy incense aroma but each female in a different degree or combination.

Nepalese kathmandu is a very different line to highland nepalese. Kathmandu is a wild sativa that a friend collected in a village close to kathmandu many years ago, it's a tall asymetric wild himalayan phenotype.

On the other hand, nepalese highland is a very tamed line selected for fast flowering and short sized traits. Nepalese highland flowers are dense and resinous while kathmandu flowers are airy, fluffy but with unique aromas, it's lovely mix of wild strawberries with mountain spices like rosemary, and incense when you burn her.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bacchus said:
Wow...that KaliMist x Nepal sounds like a killer cross... :D

The most incensey(is that a real word? :D) plants I have ever grown were from the Phoenix project of JLPs work. Which was Nevills Haze x SSH if I remeber right. Pure incense smelling with a great uplifting high.

It is nice to be able to see what you are up to Dubi. Especially with future offerings and such. Also it is good to hear that some crosses just dont make the cut. Good in the sense that you have high standards for your products. Better for us :D :D

Keep on Keeping on Dubi and have fun :)

Thanks Bacchus,

SSH and Neville haze also have lovely incense aromas, crossing both together can only produce good things :yummy:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
One thing I want to be clear on is that China fem you reversed and used. I assume that was a Chinese Yunnan?

Yes, i reversed China Yunnan mother 6 for the last chinese fem reproduction and projects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Raco said:
Nepal Mist f2...:yummy: :rasta:
Thanks ACE!! :jump:

I hope you enjoy her friend! :wink: I believe it was Nepal Mist f2 #3, my favourite incensey mother from the Nepal Mist f2 line. She's like a improved pure haze, her aromas and effect are very similar to the best incensey hazes but with a shorter flowering time. 100 % sativa essence.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
texsativa said:
Do it Dubi I want some of those Zamals

Welcome texsativa,

Zamal is one of my favourite african sats, especially Gerrit's selected clone which is the most flavorful zamal i've tried!

W

Whatever

Thanx for the info Dubi!

I did follow up with my friend and he is familiar with that VBlack (Viet/Chinese cross) release you picked up and mentioned. The genetics he worked with were most definitely sourced out of the jungle by a family member who had and still lives there. He was introduced to it as Black and just called it VBlack and is not the hybrid that was released a few years ago.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sounds very interesting Whatever,

So your friend' nam is a landrace straight from the jungle and not a viet chinese cross worked in American in the late 70s like Vietnam Black was.

Is she a green light color nam? How are the aromas and effect?

W

Whatever

I asked him and he is out of those beans and does not have a cut but will get more details about it's characteristics for you. I know he said it was insanely potent and is working on getting more of that seed stock to breed with. I heard it's a very long trip then a very long hike to venture out and get some. The cross he made leans strongly to the Viet mom, goes about 15 weeks, is a huge yielder and smells like incense. I got some of the pollen of that cross to play with and know a few people are making F2's and they should provide a happy hunting ground to find some strong Viet characteristics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High Whatever,

it's very important to preserve good SE asian lines, i love the up positive high of a good vietnamese.... it's not to easy to work with nam landraces, they usually produce very leafy long flowering hybrid plants, and there are lot of hermies in landrace vietnamese sativas. Vietnam Black hybrid is another hystory, she's fortunatly more tamed for modern concepts, but i still enjoy a lot a good pure 'wild' vietnamese.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New stock at Seedbay soon

New stock at Seedbay soon

New Chinese Yunnan and Nepalese Jam stock at Seedbay very soon!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
dubi said:
New Chinese Yunnan and Nepalese Jam stock at Seedbay very soon!

Yep....as dubi says we now have a limited ammount in stock.....they will be up on S-Bay and S-Boo over the weekend....

E

elmanito

Hey Dubi,

I can understand that you have to pay the bills and to eat of course, but i hope not that your seedline what you offer will go only fem like GHS.
When is it possible to see an update of your own website aceseeds.com.
I'm curious about the Nepalese highland and Zamal.

Namaste :canabis:

El Manito

koolaid

i reckon we can trust dubi 'n ace seeds (as well as charlie 'n cannabiogen) to release the best possible fems, with no bullshit about 'em being 100% females, this for economic survival, while focusing on what's truly important (aka regular hermie free lines)

Massive respekt for all yur work lads

Best vibes

KOol AiD

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
elmanito said:
Hey Dubi,

I can understand that you have to pay the bills and to eat of course, but i hope not that your seedline what you offer will go only fem like GHS.
When is it possible to see an update of your own website aceseeds.com.
I'm curious about the Nepalese highland and Zamal.

El Manito

Good day manito,

As we explained before, new femenized production is mainly focused towards spanish market, outside Spain fortunatly there's still good demand of standard (male/female) seeds but commercial tendency is constantly going to fem format, mainly for growers, breeders is another history.

But our catalogue is not going only fem, landrace, main hybrids and new limited edition hybrids will be offered in standard and fem format (if we can of course).

We are testing right now the new fem lines, we'll guarantee you the highest quality we can provide, sometimes is easier to achieve the desired results with STS fem hybrid production because there's no male selection where many important traits are 'hidden'.

I'm working on the new aceseeds webiste and database, it will be updated for late february/early march, database is going to be very dynamic allowing to upload new strains easily and fast. There will be new landraces, new limited edition hybrids and our well known commercial hybrids available.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
koolaid said:
i reckon we can trust dubi 'n ace seeds (as well as charlie 'n cannabiogen) to release the best possible fems, with no bullshit about 'em being 100% females, this for economic survival, while focusing on what's truly important (aka regular hermie free lines)

Massive respekt for all yur work lads

Best vibes

KOol AiD

Thanks for your confidence koolaid :smile:

E

elmanito

Hey Dubi,

I'm glad to hear that you're gonna offer regular seeds as well in the future.
I read that the Spanish market is becoming the same as here in the Netherlands.Big demand for fem.seeds.A strange development, while i know that 99% female is not always the case.I've seen growers with hermaphrodites in their growroom.I know that you have what the customer wants.

Quitters

hey dubi

hey dubi

Here is what we are working for next yeat:

Pure strains/inbred lines:

Oldtimer's Haze regular
Chinese Yunnan regular and feminized
Guatemala regular
Malawi regular and feminized (2009-2010)

will the pure Malawi still be made available in the future ?

Latest posts

Latest posts