What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds / Upcoming Releases &

Ulysses

Nirrity! Good to see you land at ICMag! I hope you'll be able to post often and share your wisdom on the longer flowering sativas!!!

W

Whatever

Nirrity said:
Plus VB 13 weeks flowering looks incredibly friendly for indoor (compared to true 20-weeks Hazes or Colombians).
Re-read this thread and 13 weeks does not sound like VBlack to me at all. A friend used some Vblack beans sourced by his cousin who lives in Vietnam and ventured out into the jungle a few years back, and not from stuff the farmers grow, and his cross goes closer to 16 weeks. The same male in the VBlack cross has been proven in other crosses and not the culprit for the long flower time...it was the VBlack fem! I've seen that same male produce crosses that went like 8-9 weeks. That male was from an inbred line out of Hawaii.

Kootenay

Yes Dubi...I feel ya...with the fem seeds. It is very hard to sell male/female seeds in Spain. It is nearly impossible to do nowadays. I have not tried any of your seeds yet, i hope to in the future! I wish I lived in a climate that would allow me to grow them outside...maybe one day. Best of luck to you.

peace
koot.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
Whoa...what's the story on those Viet crosses more specifically the Nah Trang compared to the VBlack? Also what's the scoop on the Nepal Mist?

High all!

Whatever, Vietnam Nah Trang is a pure vietnamese landrace and not a cross, seeds collected by grandad at Nah Trang. It's classic SE asian sativa phenotype, tall thin and lime plants with lemon spicy aromas, very similar to pure thais, but thais usually need 20 weeks to finish while Nat Trang vietnamese finishes after 16 week (one month less). High is very up, clear and motivating. High quality effect without anxiety, quite similar to thais, but thais are usually dreamier, not so clear.

Vietnam Black is suposedly a Vietnamese sativa x Vietnamese/Chinese ind/sat hybrid. We did extensive VB selections from F1 and F2 generation, seeds came from cbay at cannabisworld many years ago.

I'd recommend you to check vietnamese strains thread at strains and hybridation forums, there's lot of info and pics about different vietnamese strains and 2 main VB phenos. The long flowering VB pheno finishes after 16 weeks, but the faster denser pheno finishes after 14 weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kootenay said:
Yes Dubi...I feel ya...with the fem seeds. It is very hard to sell male/female seeds in Spain. It is nearly impossible to do nowadays. I have not tried any of your seeds yet, i hope to in the future! I wish I lived in a climate that would allow me to grow them outside...maybe one day. Best of luck to you.

peace
koot.

High Kootenay,

Im glad to see you around! :smile: As you have experienced by your own, there's no space in spanish market for male/female seeds, are you femenizing SOL lines? Best wishes for new spice projects :wink:

I think serious seeds seeds have been the unique male/female commercial seeds that have had some demand in Spain. The rest is totally femenized, even Simon should produce their own fem seeds soon because a few spanish seed sellers (i wont call them seedbanks) are copying and doing fem ak 47' versions, and im sure kali will be pirated very soon too.

el gordo

saving some cents for the new releases... ;-) i have one question, some time ago heard something about you, releasing a batch of deep chunk to make it cheaply available to the masses with the permission of Mr Hill, how true was that info???
Ps: all this strains are ready available? or have to wait to the next year?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
el gordo said:
saving some cents for the new releases... ;-) i have one question, some time ago heard something about you, releasing a batch of deep chunk to make it cheaply available to the masses with the permission of Mr Hill, how true was that info???

i think you probably read it from other seed bank. It's not ace seeds task to comercially reproduce Tom Hill lines, we already have huge work with our own lines. Indeed We did 2 DC reproduction this year but not for commercial release.

Anyway, we love Tom's indicas and we have done a few interesting hybrids with his genetics (mainly with X18 and DC).

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
el gordo said:

New strains and new fem versions will be ready around march 09, for the start of outdoor season in northern hemisphere.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
Also what's the scoop on the Nepal Mist?

Nepal Mist is a strawberry incensey hybrid born of a nepalese kathmandu mother and a serious kali mist father. I'm still working between F2-F3 generation.

el gordo

dubi said:
Indeed We did 2 DC reproduction this year but not for commercial release.

probably, the rumours that i've heard come from this reproductions. thanks for the explaination and Keep up the good work!
:bashhead:

W

Whatever

dubi said:
Whatever, Vietnam Nah Trang is a pure vietnamese landrace and not a cross, seeds collected by grandad at Nah Trang. It's classic SE asian sativa phenotype, tall thin and lime plants with lemon spicy aromas, very similar to pure thais, but thais usually need 20 weeks to finish while Nat Trang vietnamese finishes after 16 week (one month less). High is very up, clear and motivating. High quality effect without anxiety, quite similar to thais, but thais are usually dreamier, not so clear.

Vietnam Black is suposedly a Vietnamese sativa x Vietnamese/Chinese ind/sat hybrid. We did extensive VB selections from F1 and F2 generation, seeds came from cbay at cannabisworld many years ago.

I'd recommend you to check vietnamese strains thread at strains and hybridation forums, there's lot of info and pics about different vietnamese strains and 2 main VB phenos. The long flowering VB pheno finishes after 16 weeks, but the faster denser pheno finishes after 14 weeks.
Thanx for that info Dubi and figured you could shed some light on this. I can tell you my friend sourced his Vietnamese seed stock direct out of the jungle. He called it Vietnamese Black and one thing I know is it is not a hybrid and seems just like a name thing. Next time I see him will ask and also ask him about the Nat Trang and also about the general characteristics of the genetics he initially worked with before crossing.

W

Whatever

dubi said:
Nepal Mist is a strawberry incensey hybrid born of a nepalese kathmandu mother and a serious kali mist father. I'm still working between F2-F3 generation.
I assumed it was a Kali cross and wondered how it figured into the mix. The Kali Mist pheno I grew a few years back is still my favorite smoke of all time and nothing has come close...that's why the Nepal MIST caught my attention. For sure an ACE project I'm keenly interested in.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
I assumed it was a Kali cross and wondered how it figured into the mix. The Kali Mist pheno I grew a few years back is still my favorite smoke of all time and nothing has come close...that's why the Nepal MIST caught my attention. For sure an ACE project I'm keenly interested in.

Sure Whatever, Kali mist is my favourite dutch hybrid, i have huge respect for Simon's work, especially for kali bred.

Kali mist aroma and taste is among the finest in the cannabis world, it brings the haze incense to another level but the high and effect is not enough sativa for my taste.

The nepalese kathmandu was the first incensey sativa i grew, even before i met haze varieties like kali mist. When i smoked kali mist for the first time i thought it had nepalese sativa inside because her exotic asian incense aroma, later i learnt its haze influence and that you can also find that kind of aromas in totally different sativa breds.

Nepalese kathmandu not only is incensey when burned, dried flowers have a lovely natural wild strawberry aroma which makes incense more pleasant and complex. One of my very first breeding dreams was to mix both sativas, the nepalese and kali, this kind of aromas are my sativa heaven ...

W

Whatever

The way you have been talking about the incensy nature of the Nepal it has really got my attention. The Kali Mist pheno I had did not smell like pot at all when burned and literally smelled exactly like Nag Champa incense. The flavor was the most intense of anything I've ever had and the high was soaring with no ceiling. I remember we chatted quite awhile ago and you said the high type for Kali could be a bit dirty. Mine smelled like a heavy soapy perfume in flower and the taste was similar and needed a month or so to cure cause the flavor was TOO strong otherwise...lol.

I've had some Haze's and Haze crosses but never really happy with em enough to grow em regularly. Is the Nepalese Kathmandu different from Nepalese Highland?

Nepalese kathmandu not only is incensey when burned, dried flowers have a lovely natural wild strawberry aroma which makes incense more pleasant and complex. One of my very first breeding dreams was to mix both sativas, the nepalese and kali, this kind of aromas are my sativa heaven ...
Sounds like a great match...and am drooling in anticipation.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Wow...that KaliMist x Nepal sounds like a killer cross... :D

The most incensey(is that a real word? :D) plants I have ever grown were from the Phoenix project of JLPs work. Which was Nevills Haze x SSH if I remeber right. Pure incense smelling with a great uplifting high.

It is nice to be able to see what you are up to Dubi. Especially with future offerings and such. Also it is good to hear that some crosses just dont make the cut. Good in the sense that you have high standards for your products. Better for us :D :D

Keep on Keeping on Dubi and have fun :)

W

Whatever

One thing I want to be clear on is that China fem you reversed and used. I assume that was a Chinese Yunnan?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nepal Mist f2...:yummy: :rasta:
Thanks ACE!! :jump:
raco2026.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts