What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

Old Toker

Day 81 of 12/12. I haven't posted many Zamaldelica pics. Clearly I have failed to pay the proper amount of homage to what I hope will be another excellent Ace offering. Last pic with the light just beginning to come on. I'll see if I can do better tomorrow. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170523_211005.jpg
    IMG_20170523_211005.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170523_211105.jpg
    IMG_20170523_211105.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12

Old Toker

Wow simply gorgeous!, I'm taggin' in!
Thank you Bobbo4200! :tiphat:
First pic is the other Zam. Hopefully at the top L of the pic you can see a vert Ph cola that I had to get off the ceiling during stretch. It was in last weeks Ph photos. Along the L side of the pic is one of the PHs.
Another overgrown tent pic. The plants growing over the top of the door, and to both sides of the door in the pics are the PHs. Yesterday's Zam is in the L green litter pan. Today's in the 1st blue litter pan on the L. :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170524_211203.jpg
    IMG_20170524_211203.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20170524_211243.jpg
    IMG_20170524_211243.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 12

Tangwena

Veteran
I reckon get a lot excited live in the moment if shit happens at least you were happy up to that moment ha ha.
I milk everything from my grows every day freaks me out ha ha
Enjoy my friend those are going to make you very happy soon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's really exciting to follow the development of your indoor grow, Old Toker! :)

You are doing an excellent job taming these sativas beasts and to get the best of your indoor space. All the sativas look healthy, very well developed, with big resinous colas, and seems they are going to finish in a very reasonable flowering time for being growing such tropical sativas indoors from seed. The Panama Haze is my favourite of your garden ;)

Thanks for all your updates, wish you are enjoying there!

Old Toker

It's really exciting to follow the development of your indoor grow, Old Toker! :)

You are doing an excellent job taming these sativas beasts and to get the best of your indoor space. All the sativas look healthy, very well developed, with big resinous colas, and seems they are going to finish in a very reasonable flowering time for being growing such tropical sativas indoors from seed. The Panama Haze is my favourite of your garden ;)

Thanks for all your updates, wish you are enjoying there!
Thank you sir!:tiphat:Your great genetics have managed to overcome my newbie mistakes. Thanks for the words of encouragement! :tiphat:

Old Toker

Day 87 of 12/12. Pics of my two Malawis. One was hit pretty good by my Calcium deficiency...although other than a few leaves has come roaring back.
May switch to 11.5/12.5 light/dark this coming Friday (13 wks - day 91)....any thoughts? I don't really NEED to rush the finish on these.....any benefits to just running 12/12 until they (eventually) finish?
Regards....:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170524_211203.jpg
    IMG_20170524_211203.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170529_211031.jpg
    IMG_20170529_211031.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170529_211037.jpg
    IMG_20170529_211037.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170529_211045.jpg
    IMG_20170529_211045.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170529_211056.jpg
    IMG_20170529_211056.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 7

gorilla ganja

They look great. My only thought would be if your going to drop the light schedule go down to 11/13. Might help with a strong finish and save a little power at the same time.

Are you going to try and harvest different plants at different times? Or just go in there with your chainsaw and do a group harvest when most are ready?

Peace GG

Old Toker

They look great.
Thank you GG! :tiphat:
My only thought would be if your going to drop the light schedule go down to 11/13. Might help with a strong finish and save a little power at the same time.
Would you consider "strong" as a greater yield, better quality or quicker finish times?
Are you going to try and harvest different plants at different times?
This was my plan. Any ideas on how to tell when a plant is ready for flush/harvest without examining the trichs? I have a 60x jewelers loop device....but it is very difficult for my old eyes to see the trichs through it.
Or just go in there with your chainsaw and do a group harvest when most are ready?
:biggrin:I like the visual on this....but I'm hoping to try and harvest each plant when it's ready.
Thanks for the help GG!:tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
when harvest is only a few strides down the road I always get that bitter sweet melancholy... :) any observation of the trichs?
fancy those urchin looking pistils!

:tiphat:Orfeas

P.S. skip the question...just read about your old apple pies :biggrin:

gorilla ganja

I'm no expert with Sativa light cycles. Just done a lot of reading and many people are on that light schedule from day 1 of flowering. I would think dropping down would make the plant think the end is near and finish flowering, rather than draw it out forever like some Sativa can.
Maybe get a 100 scope. Or follow Dubis flowering times listed on the site. Another old school way is to harvest when the hairs are about 75% or so brown and few new flowers are forming.

Cheers GG

akirabull

an entire cycle 12-12 is longer but i use it to push a plant to the limit and give you a little bit more production ,for example .if you take cuts will give you a better idea about your plant . when you arrive at 13 -14 week without seeing harvest time near is along way and mind start to play jokes ,thinking had made mistake or something similar. your malawis are long flowering phenotypes and could have a special high so probably are asking you patience if you are not in hurry. that plants are a little bit more problematic to feed due to super long flowering time, especially if stays in same pot and are not big enough.some times i feel like a religious man walking a mystic route with this plants ..... i'm doing the same now but with clones to test them to the limit and it helps me to see if undesirable traits appears under stress, test strength, ecc....

rantan

Old Toker this is an epic grow, simply a blockbuster to my mind.
you have excelled yourself in such a magnificent enterprise, the mind boggles at the majesty of the prolific cola laden bushes, ive read this thread from wayyy back at 18" high, hoping for 25" max. what a journey it has been, with the climax yet to come too.
As i embark on a malawi and golden tiger adventure myself I hail you as a great sativa mentor and have learnt much from this diary , thank you kindly Old Toker for bothering to document your adventures here.

Old Toker

when harvest is only a few strides down the road I always get that bitter sweet melancholy... :) any observation of the trichs?
fancy those urchin looking pistils!
Despite my "old apple pies":).....I'm still going to try to look. And yes.....I guess I'm getting a little melancholy about this grow. Felt the same when I harvested my first (and only) outside plant. I'll let you know what I hopefully see. :tiphat:

Old Toker

I would think dropping down would make the plant think the end is near and finish flowering, rather than draw it out forever like some Sativa can.
Yeah....this is what I thought also. Just not sure whether encouraging the plant to finish faster by reducing the light hours does anything else? Seems like it would decrease yield (which isn't important to me)....but will it affect the quality? Again....I'm not in any hurry.....won't have another grow until this Fall at the earliest....so does it make sense to just let my Sativas continue under 12/12 until they finish "naturally"? Wellll....as naturally as plants living in a tent that have never seen sunlight can finish.
Maybe get a 100 scope.
I think the 60x is strong enough....I just need to work out how to focus it enough. Maybe inside will be easier than when I was trying outside. Or maybe I'll harvest a smaller bud and try it on a table or something well lit and stable. I'll figure something out. Worse case scenario I'll just wait until the whole plant turns yellow and harvest some Indicas.:biggrin:
Or follow Dubis flowering times listed on the site.
I could do this....but I always thought those flowering times were "ballpark" estimates assuming perfect growing conditions/nutes and experienced/knowledgeable growers. Most of which does NOT describe my grow. Just the late pruning probably slowed the process. Add in the overcrowding and Calcium issue and any of the other Newb mistakes that I've probably made.....and don't even know about. PLUS....how about all the bad advice I've received from you, DWD, Orfeas, and Syd....hell it might be Fall before these girls are ready.:)

Thanks again GG for the help and advice!:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

They look great, OT, the first one'll go long for sure. GG's spot on; these super sativas can reflower no end, so dropping to 11/13 especially important for them. Indicas/hybrids less so. I'd go there straight away, no fooling with 11.5. Looks like you may harvest a few this month, including the Pan Haze.
One way to get a good idea of where your plants are is to take a small bottom bud of each, label and dry it and then puff away when ready;) The other sure fire is to send dubi a few well-focused pics of the buds and he'll say chop/no chop.
I've gotta go water the girls. Got a little calmag deficiency on Lady S who's apparently still hungry.

Old Toker

.. when you arrive at 13 -14 week without seeing harvest time near is along way and mind start to play jokes ,thinking had made mistake or something similar. your malawis are long flowering phenotypes and could have a special high so probably are asking you patience if you are not in hurry.
I've noticed patience is a lot easier when you already have a pound of Canna-butter, a couple dozen cookies, and a few jars of Malawi buds. I'm definitely willing to wait until they are ready. Just need to time the flush correctly. Fortunately I have been feeding on the light side so even if I miss by a little and have less time to flush....I might not be too bad off. Of course I'd rather harvest at the exact correct time for each plant....but I have to accept my limitations. Plus I'm not selling.....so anyone that complains about the bud I gave them for free.....can kiss my as*.
Thanks for the advice.....I really appreciate it!:tiphat: