What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Satellite

MallardDuck

Just snagged the last two packs of Purple Satellite off the ACE site along with some Erdpurt regs to take me over the shipping and freebie limit. Really excited! Gonna have to sit down with a beer and read through this thread. Thinking I might let those have a threeway and make some babies along with a few Auto Zamaldelica beans I have kicking around from this outdoor season. It should be a good mix for outdoor at my latitude. Is it bad that I am already planning for next year? :tumbleweed:

MallardDuck

Ok now that I have read through I am very excited! Lots of really beautiful picture and grows in here. I hope I get a few beauties like some of the ones here out of my packs. I think I might be pushing how far north this cultivar can be grown. If anyone has any insights or experiences they can share about growing purple satellite around 50N and above, I would love to hear them.

SolarLogos

Ok now that I have read through I am very excited! Lots of really beautiful picture and grows in here. I hope I get a few beauties like some of the ones here out of my packs. I think I might be pushing how far north this cultivar can be grown. If anyone has any insights or experiences they can share about growing purple satellite around 50N and above, I would love to hear them.
Greetings brother,
I grew them at 38.5 L but documented the temperatures and daylight hours as the plant evolved and flowered if that helps you. Daylight here was at 12.5 hours daylight when I harvested OD. Here is a link to my grow and smoke report
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=359464&page=35
If you have any questions about my grow, I'll be more than happy to try to answer them. Best of luck!

MallardDuck

Great grow report Solar! :good:

Now that I think about it, I think that will help. I went back 9-10 weeks from your OD finishing time to see what photoperiod they initiated flowering at - Seems to be somewhere between 14.5 and 15 hours of light. When I use that amount of daylight as a reference for my lat ~55N for when flowering starts, I get a finish date of around October 1-7. It should be doable if I get a season like this year.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Erdpurt and Purple Satellite will be a great match for each other, especially for my neck of the woods. Both have amazingly beautiful pink pistils, both early finishers, and hopefully Erdpurt may be able to bring some CBD and compact buds to the equation as well. I think that may be a really fun mix to explore a bit.

SolarLogos

Now that I think about it, I think that will help. I went back 9-10 weeks from your OD finishing time to see what photoperiod they initiated flowering at - Seems to be somewhere between 14.5 and 15 hours of light. When I use that amount of daylight as a reference for my lat ~55N for when flowering starts, I get a finish date of around October 1-7. It should be doable if I get a season like this year.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Erdpurt and Purple Satellite will be a great match for each other, especially for my neck of the woods. Both have amazingly beautiful pink pistils, both early finishers, and hopefully Erdpurt may be able to bring some CBD and compact buds to the equation as well. I think that may be a really fun mix to explore a bit.
Thanks brother, I appreciate the kind words. Most Indica and Indica hybrids in my area finish around the beginning to mid October, but this girl finished barely the end of the second week of September. My earliest OD harvest without having to light dep.
I recall removing the bottom 2-3 sets of branches didn't grow much and I removed them early on.
The roots like to go deep and not spread out. I put one in a wide pot and it didn't help, so very sativa and tall. Pinching it will produce nice leads though. I think I went 4-6 main leads, depending on the plant.
Erdpurt would be a nice cross. I reversed one of my Oaxaca phenos and pollinated Purple Haze. I wished I had just used male pollen now. PS does reverse well with home made CS and cuttings root easily.
Here is Purple Haze Satellite. Her hairs have all turned brown but the calyxes are just starting to swell. PS doesn't have huge ovaries, but neither did haze so I expect these to be a little small. Trichomes are about 90 milky and 10% clear. I will wait about 5 days more to see what she does.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best of luck, looking forward to your grow:good:

F2F

Hiya MD,

I’m at similar lat as Solar. Went through my notes and album, and looked up daylight hours. Both males and females started to show at 14.5hrs and less. However in reviewing my album I can see stretch was more or less finished by beginning August - that might help you plan any topping or cropping you might employ.

Outside in the ground they went to ~12ft/4m untopped, productivity was limited to the upper 50% of the plant so definitely recommend doing something to create additional tops.

Hope that helps.

Peace
F2F

F2F

Here is Purple Haze Satellite. Her hairs have all turned brown but the calyxes are just starting to swell. PS doesn't have huge ovaries, but neither did haze so I expect these to be a little small. Trichomes are about 90 milky and 10% clear. I will wait about 5 days more to see what she does.
View Image

View Image

View Image

Very productive and darn near an October finish! Congrats on a very nice cross Solar. She looks delish. I hope she smokes well for you. Would you say PS dominated this cross? I’m not familiar with the haze you used (a purple OTH selection I think?) the buds and structure sure look PS.

(PS. I still owe you some pics and info on a different PS cross)
Peace,
F2F

SolarLogos

Very productive and darn near an October finish! Congrats on a very nice cross Solar. She looks delish. I hope she smokes well for you. Would you say PS dominated this cross? I’m not familiar with the haze you used (a purple OTH selection I think?) the buds and structure sure look PS.

(PS. I still owe you some pics and info on a different PS cross)
Peace,
F2F
I would still have to guess about an even split, 50/50. Leaves are certainly narrower, more haze and the terpene now say haze, with a lovely pine tar smell. A lot of the fruity smells are very faint. Structure hard to say, she branched out more like haze than the upright PS. Flowers definitely took on the shape and size of PS and it has those orange Oaxaca hairs. It should be a good smoke, we'll see.
Thanks very much bro and yes, that would be cool to see how those crosses came out. Best of luck!
Peace, God bless

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I had two outdoors this year. Both males though. I let them pollinate some CBD Durban's so it should be an interesting combo if I ever grow them out. I'm considering doing a gorilla style seed scatter next spring.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Did you see any herm pistils on the males?

Out of ten seeds I had 2 males and 8 females. All 8 females would throw nanners but they weren't very fertile, not too many seeds.
I didn't see any pistils on the males. I made a bunch of f2s but haven't popped any to see if they herm too.
I haven't

FletchF.Fletch

420club
The Purple Satellite is nice. I had a standout male that pollinated a number of lovely ladies. The subsequent crosses show dominant Oaxacan traits. Super Skunk x Purple Satellite looks like a Silver Crystal Factory. Also crossed it with the Zacatecas Tribute to try and coax out a more definitively Oaxacan line.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Did you see any herm pistils on the males?

Out of ten seeds I had 2 males and 8 females. All 8 females would throw nanners but they weren't very fertile, not too many seeds.
I didn't see any pistils on the males. I made a bunch of f2s but haven't popped any to see if they herm too.
I haven't

They were really stable. I let them go for weeks and they made a lot of seeds on the CBD Durban's...also got some Erdpurt x PCK x PS seeds which could be very promising for next season. I will do a stealth guerrilla grow for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts