What's new

Ace Malawi Fem undercurrents w/ 1200watts

Looking healthy and bushy! Keep an eye on the purple pheno, it's a rare (around 5 %) early flowering pheno, with very good resin production, amazing colors and great 'bag appeal'!

That's good to know I will keep a close watch on that one.

Dubi, I had a question for you about when to cut out nitrogen from the feeding schedule. My plan was to drop the nitrogen week 7 or 8. Do you think this is too early for the Malawis?

Its time for the DAY 45 update.

Things are moving along nicely. They are smelling strong and starting to faten up. Some of them are still showing signs of over feeding. So today I dropped the GH flora Mirco to half strength and I reduced the GH Flora Bloom to 80% strength. It is always a challenge to get a feeding schedule dialed in when running so many different phenos off the same reservoir. No worries though i will just keep on moving forward. I plan to drop the micro for the rest of the grow next week. Then 2 weeks from now I will do one more feeding of Koolbloom. Lastly I like to give long flowering sativas about 3 weeks of just PHed water.

Malawi 7 is maturing much faster than the rest it looks like it might finish 4-6 weeks ahead of the rest. This is a problem because I will not be able to give it a proper flush as this would hurt the other plants. It looks beautiful though.

Malawi 11, Malawi 2, Malawi 7, and Golden Tiger 2 look then nicest so far. All of these are just oozing resin.

Malawi 12 looks to be the longest flowering one out of the bunch.

Also I am having a hard time shooting them because, of poor lighting in the room and a bad camera. this is forcing me to use a flash when shooting them. the day that I chop them I will take shots in a photo booth so you can get a better idea of how they look.

Here is the DAY 45 update

Canopy

picture.php

picture.php

Golden Tiger 2

picture.php

Malawi 1

picture.php

Malawi 2

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looking nice Tolkin, I run 2 x 600 SS2's over a 3x6 net as well. Fun to compare styles.
How long do you expect these to go on average?

Thanks for stopping by third coast.

They should take any where between 11 and 14 weeks. I suspect that Malawi 7 may be done in under 10 weeks. It already has some pistols browning up. I think that Malawi 12 may go longer than 14 weeks also

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Tried looking for a description on Ace's forum and on CBG but found nothing. I'm guessing that Malawi has some PCK in it somewhere? Or is it straight landrace P1?

Last edited:
You can find some info about it in spanish on the ace site. These seed are an S1 of the famous Killer Malawi mother clone that Ace has had for many years. They found the clone in old stock that someone in Spain had been mantaining for many years. 100% pure african genetics.

I believe that the regular Malawi seeds are a back cross to the killer Malawi mother clone, with pollen from three selected Malawi males.

I dug up a quote from Dubi from when I asked him about the Malawi Fem.

Hello Tolkin Bowls,

Malawi line was originally a malawi selection from the 90s, bred outdoors in spain. It came from one of the first ace seeds members, in both clone and seed format. The killer malawi mother is probably the strongest and oldest clone in our collection.

14-15 weeks flowering time, finishing early november outdoors. Flowers are extremely dense and resinous for a pure sativa, ovaries are big, full of huge trichomes. Taste is strong, rude, like resinous oil. High is overpowering, long lasting dense and psychedelic.

ValleyKush

Veteran
Beautiful garden sir, cant wait to see how they ripen up.

Nothing quite like enjoying the winter cascades n steping inside to an african jungle like that. Although it seems spring is here in the lower valleys.

Thanks for the support.
Yeah I think spring is finally here. We had hail a couple of days last week. Are you from Washington Valley Kush ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High Tolking Bowls,

The malawi fem version you are growing is not a S1, we dont like S1 as we believe such heavily inbreeding never comes close to the original clone. This is especially true for poly hybrids, if you have an elite poly hybrid clone, the S1 selfed generation will be dissapointing compared with the vigor and strenght of the original clone but maybe could be interesting as intermediate breeding step to stabilize your desired traits and finally outcross her to re store vigor and fresh genes.

Both released malawi versions are killer malawi pollinated by next generation malawi parental plants.

OK its update time DAY 53

They are all starting to look great and some of them smell amazing. Really strong citrus smells from Lemon to Orange to Madarin Orange, lots of them have a wood smell. It is still hard to place what kind of wood. Smells like a wood workers shop.

I cut the micro this week so they should start to yellow up over the next 5 weeks.

Here are the pictures

DAY 53

Canopy
picture.php

Canopy2
picture.php

Golden Tiger 2
picture.php

Malawi 1
picture.php

Adze

Tolkin Bowls, great looking plants! Malawi from Ace is one I have been reading as much as I can about. I will look forward to hearing your thoughts about the taste and high. Very nicely done, good looking grow all around. Thank you!

ValleyKush

Veteran
^ exactly what i was thinking... so many personalities! the anticipation must be killing you considering how i feel just waiting to see your pictures.:laughing:

Why yes i do. :wave: Lived somewhere relativly near i90 my entire life. howbout yourself?

abellguy : Yeah i am going to take them as long as they want to go. It looks like some will go longer than 13 weeks. Also Malawi 7 would be done in a week if I could flush it. Malawi 7 is very fast I plan on running it with my next run of Peyote purples as they will flower at the same rate. This time the plant will be made into hash.

Builtaforest : Yeah there is a whole big range of Phenotypes.

I was planning on doing my first comprehensive breeding project with Malawi using a few selected Peyote Purples as the pollen donors. I have gone through 40 Peyote Purples and have selected 3 nice females so far. I have another 3 packs of Peyote Purple to run still. I will use the best of 70 females to pollinate the best Malawis that I find. I also still have two more packs of regular Malawi to hunt through. My plan is to do an all female breeding project but with multiple inputs for each generation.

ValleyKush : Yeah these will be fairly nice plants. It is hard to cater to so many different phenos off the same reservoir. As a result they are not getting run at their full potential. Some of the longer flowering phenos are still growing in to the lights a little but, I do not want to raise the lights much more as the other plants will suffer. As a result some plants have a little light bleaching going on and some are slightly over or under fed. But the next time that I run these results should be more dialed in.

Yes I live somewhere relativly close to I-90 as well.