What's new

Ace Malawi Fem undercurrents w/ 1200watts

I wanted to start by saying that Ace and Cannabiogen are the most honest, dedicated, and quality breeders out there. I have had great results with everything that I have bought from them in the past. Thanks for all that you do to preserve these great strains.

I will first detail my system. I run a undercurrent 8 with the 8 gallon modules. I have 2 600w Quantum Ballasts with Ushio HPS bulbs. For hoods I use Sun system Super Sun 2s. i run a Scrog screen that is 3feet by 5.5feet. For nutrients I use Gen Hydro Flora Micro, Flora Bloom, and I use Koolbloom twice in flower. I change the water out weekly when flowering. The ratio for the nutrients is 5ml/gallon of micro and 8ml/gallon of bloom.

Ok now on to the fun stuff.

I started with 18 Malawi Fem seeds and 7 Golden Tiger seeds. Three of the Malawi seeds and one of the Golden Tigers did not germinate. I usually have 100% germination but my heat mat malfunctioned and over heated the seeds, it took me about 15hours to catch it. I think that this is why I lost 4 seeds.

4 out of the remaining 6 Golden Tiger seeds turned out to be male and one did not grow fast enough and got swallowed up by the canopy so I pulled it. So I have one nice Golden Tiger female left.

3 out of the 15 Malawi Fems turned out to be intersexed. I told Dubi about this and he was very generous in offering to replace the seeds with standard Malawi. What a stand up guy.:thank you:
Of the remaining 12 Malawi one did not grow fast enough and was swallowed up by the canopy, so it was pulled. I am left with 11 nice females.

I had a really nice SCROG going until I had to remove 7 males. This has left the canopy less even than I like.

Now that I have caught you up to speed here is Day 29 of flower

First the Canopy

Side shots of the Canopy

Cont

Malawi 11

Malawi 12

Malawi 14

Malawi 15

These plants are stretching like crazy. I burned a few tips because, they stretched more than I expected a few nights and were to close to the lights when i checked on them in the morning.

I am very excited to run these genetics. Please follow along with me. I plan to do weekly photo updates to the end. I think they still have about 9-10 weeks.

Peace

P.S. for some reason it is only allowing me to post 5 images per reply is this a new forum rule? I used to be able to put a ton of pictures in a post.

abellguy

I got a seat :D this looks like its gonna be a sweet grow. The picture of the underside with all the knoby branches is crazy. It just grows like instantaneous in rockwool, in UC's it must just be insane speed. Good luck can't wait to see it progress :rasta:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking Nice

Looking Nice

I like 7 and 11.Looks like they will rez up nice for you.

Take Care and Good Luck

Thanks for the support guys.

I just finished a 30 plant peyote purple selection. If you have not tried PP yet I highly recommend it

W

Womble

super health in there Tolkin....great start,gonna take in the views for sure.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Tolkin Bowls, looking good in there. Pulling up a seat to this grow. GL with the rest of the grow. Take care 1

All right it is update time. Its DAY 38 things are starting to fatten up. This last week was one of the two times during flower that I hit them with koolbloom. Most of them loved the Koolbloom but a couple showed some signs of over feeding. No worries though as they got a clean res today.

5 of the tops really started to stretch away from the canopy and I was forced to tie them down to try and keep the canopy even. In the last week these tops stretched about 14 inches more than the rest of the canopy. In the process of tying these tops down I broke one =( Malawi 1. The biggest stretchers at this point are Malawi 14, Malawi 1, Malawi 9, and Malawi 12. As a result of the stretching some of the leaves got a little light bleached. Things are under control now.

The smells are starting to develop. Most of them carry citrus tones with a wood smell in the background. Some of them have a slight fuel/gasoline smell. The stinkiest so far are Malawi 10 and Malawi 7. Malawi 10 has a really strong Lemon smell with a deep wood smell, like what a wood shop smells like. I can not pick out the type of wood. Malawi 7 smell strong of Orange/tangerine with fuel. It also has slight wood tones but, not as strong as the average Malawi.

The nicest looking ones are Malawi 7, Malawi 11, and Golden Tiger 2

Here are the pictures DAY 38 we have about 9 weeks to go.

Canopy
picture.php

picture.php

Side shot
picture.php

Golden Tiger 2
picture.php

Malawi 1
picture.php

Yeah M7 is looking nice. It has been cold around here in the last week and I wonder if that might be having an effect on M7. The temperature when the lights are on is 77 F but, I think there may have been a few colder nights over the last week. It never will get below 60 because of a heater.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking healthy and bushy! Keep an eye on the purple pheno, it's a rare (around 5 %) early flowering pheno, with very good resin production, amazing colors and great 'bag appeal'!

Latest posts

Latest posts