What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
beautiful..when do the lights turn on?...does it ever have little green plants in it?..yes I'm an ass.

early_bird

Veteran
Another question I have is, what is the maximum attainable yield /sq ft? Will 8 lights achieve that goal? Don't misunderstand me. I know that this amount of light spread across more space would be more efficient from an energy standpoint, may offer a better ROI, and yield more overall, but I'm not interested in those perspectives right now. I have this space and I want to maximize it.

Great, i love this little project :biggrin:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya T, itll happen. enjoy the process and experience. It took me many many long months of building in stealth at night to do my room my build log barely does it justice. Hehe good times. U only build a new room once after all. Looking forward to seeing what youll do in there

Peace

timmur

Heya T, itll happen. enjoy the process and experience. It took me many many long months of building in stealth at night to do my room my build log barely does it justice. Hehe good times. U only build a new room once after all. Looking forward to seeing what youll do in there

Peace

Yeah you're right. I'm almost at the finish line now. :)

So just a quick update. The transformer for the RD8 relay kept failing so I couldn't get the lights fully burned in. The new transformer came yesterday and will be installed today.

The plumbing is done and water testing the UC starts today! Should finish the lights today as well. The final two big things are plumbing water to the foggers and painting the room with Lumacept.!

timmur

I finished the last bit of plumbing and tried to test out the UC and chiller last night. I mounted the return pump a little too high and didn't have enough head for it to pump. Lowered it this morning and it is pumping great! Testing the chiller now to see how low I can get the temperature. I need to go get some pipe insulation for the hard plumbed return line. The next bit of testing will involve the probes and dissolved O2.

The next big project is the Lumacept paint. The loss of PPFD is significant. After that I need to get water to the foggers. I'm hoping that will be easy as that is all that's left to crank this thing up! :biggrin:

Ez Rider

Veteran
I finished the last bit of plumbing and tried to test out the UC and chiller last night. I mounted the return pump a little too high and didn't have enough head for it to pump. Lowered it this morning and it is pumping great! Testing the chiller now to see how low I can get the temperature. I need to go get some pipe insulation for the hard plumbed return line. The next bit of testing will involve the probes and dissolved O2.

The next big project is the Lumacept paint. The loss of PPFD is significant. After that I need to get water to the foggers. I'm hoping that will be easy as that is all that's left to crank this thing up! :biggrin:

Glad to hear it's coming along.:woohoo:

You don't have a chance of hitting your modeled ppfd's without the paint or some orca, or...? The c/g's really do throw an enormous amount of their light to the sides. Keep an eye on the 315 elite thread...

timmur

Glad to hear it's coming along.:woohoo:

You don't have a chance of hitting your modeled ppfd's without the paint or some orca, or...? The c/g's really do throw an enormous amount of their light to the sides. Keep an eye on the 315 elite thread...

Absoultely no chance without Orca, Radiant Guard, or Lumacept. Even with it, I will probably fall a little short of the target PPFD. We'll see after the painting is complete.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Absoultely no chance without Orca, Radiant Guard, or Lumacept. Even with it, I will probably fall a little short of the target PPFD. We'll see after the painting is complete.

Short for sure with equipment/tubs/etc. Anything in the room that's not 94% reflective in the PAR range is going to automatically bring you short of modeled values. Seeing as you modeled for a really high output, it shouldn't make any difference in real world terms.

I was all set to start my greenbeam vs phantom writeup, but I just had either a brain-storm or a brain-fart...we'll see which later today. Hoping to have the write up with pics done sometime this evening.

timmur

Short for sure with equipment/tubs/etc. Anything in the room that's not 94% reflective in the PAR range is going to automatically bring you short of modeled values. Seeing as you modeled for a really high output, it shouldn't make any difference in real world terms.

I was all set to start my greenbeam vs phantom writeup, but I just had either a brain-storm or a brain-fart...we'll see which later today. Hoping to have the write up with pics done sometime this evening.

Yeah I'm overkill on the light so it won't matter much.

Looking forward to your write up! :tiphat:

timmur

The painting of the walls is complete, but I still need to get the ceiling painted. The difference in PPFD was significant. It went up by 100. I expect it'll go up another 50 from the ceiling paint. I think the paint is slightly less reflective than the Orca, but my uniformity of light is fantastic. Plus this stuff reflects UV which is part of my supplemental lighting strategy, so I'm actually happier with the paint.

As a quick spot check I tested at each plant site and got nearly identical results at each! I was a believer in Greenbeams before, but now I'm totally convinced.

The water testing found no leaks and I was able to pull the water down to 50 degrees with the lights on and the room at 82 degrees! Other water related things is the DO probe. I don't actually have the DO probe yet. Agrowtek has the probes, but has not completed the software for the controller. I plan on putting the DO probe in the epicenter initially and start testing the system. I may end up putting it elsewhere based on the results of the testing. I have a hand held meter as well so I will be checking DO in multiple locations. I'm using two emitters and plan to put them both in the epicenter unless testing dictates otherwise.

I hope to get the foggers operational tomorrow and then paint the ceiling. After that it's time to finally pop some seeds! :biggrin:

timmur

Popping Seeds!

Popping Seeds!

Picture update! Popping seeds on Sunday! I'll post up pics when they sprout. :biggrin:

Still a little cluttered and I'm putting Orca on the floor, but it's finally time to go!

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

timmur

Less noise transfer from a can/fan hung from bungee or rubber tie downs.

How's the muffler/fan combo working? Noticeably quieter?

Finally tested this. Yes, it is quite a bit quieter than standard fan. Pricey, but I would recommend. I'd hang it, but that won't work in this room. :)

timmur

Timmur

How do you like the Eden growroom so far?

The room is very nice, but there are things I don't like. Mounting things to the walls and ceilings is difficult. You have to use special fasteners. I used Plusnuts which are similar to rivets only you have threads. You can't put the wiring into the walls which would be much cleaner. I can imagine a custom room that had these features would be much nicer. The room is incredibly solid and is very easy to clean. I'll comment more on it once it's in use. :)