What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace gear and all

orfeas

Veteran
Mornin' orf; your girl looks good, seems to be yellowing lower leaves in the low light areas, and they look like the plant's using 'em up, dropping 'em off. Kid of a self feeder. ...

a concise feedback! I like that... :) yet light may be of no relevance for I've had this leaf thing occur a couple of times...same batch of seeds, this one being an S1 though...you might be right though.. if you take the wall shade into account :)
tell you the truth, I haven't yet tuned in a regular feeding scheme...why she's very sensitive hence the leaf tip burns..:dunno:

Tah!

:tiphat:orfeas

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
She had had a very healthy life right from sprouting until 19th July when I detected a horrendous spot an inch or two above ground and immediately put my surgery tools in use. The damage was so extensive that I had to scrape-taper the trunk so deep I almost left no bark around it having removed most xylem ....I spread some pruning paste all around the wound and covered it with a hollow bamboo stick that I made fast around the stem...
Five weeks later, today that is, I undid the bamboo "wrapping" and there I was staring in awe...she had fixed the damage in a rough sort of primitive way having reproduced an almost new stem...
Now she might not be in the very pink, but apart from the random intense leaf yellowing she's doing bloody fine...just started flowering and so did I with feeding her, hoping that the yellowing is nutrient related...
I'll be extremely pleasantly surprised if she makes it to the very end...

Masterful surgery and a spectacular recovery! It looked hopeless but you pulled it off!

Also, special love here for that purple paki x erdpert. It doesn't look at all what I would expect.

orfeas

Veteran
Masterful surgery and a spectacular recovery! It looked hopeless but you pulled it off!

Also, special love here for that purple paki x erdpert. It doesn't look at all what I would expect.

Τhank you, Claude!
But for dwd, that purple paki x erdpurt wouldn't have come to this...I was just about ready to dump it in the compost ditch then...now this tiny cola is almost ready with many amber trichs and I will pinch it off in a few days...

Attachments

• P1100114.jpg
    P1100114.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100113.jpg
    P1100113.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
Purple Mex

Purple Mex

I had to relocate my Purple Mex for it'd been standing half way under the tin roof and half of the plant was in the shade until noon or later. Now it's getting a couple of hours more sunlight...
Needless to say it was hard trying to drag a 35-litre-pot with a two-metre-plant in it under horizontal beams of less than two metres high...eventually the plant got to its niche unscathed or almost. "almost" goes for the 10cm cola top I saw hanging from a string I failed to undo before pulling the plant to its new spot... :biggrin:

Any insight into the leaf pic?

P.S. Hey, syd, when did yours hermed? Any purple?

Attachments

• P1100108.jpg
    P1100108.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 16
  • P1100121.jpg
    P1100121.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100110.jpg
    P1100110.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100109.jpg
    P1100109.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P1100112.jpg
    P1100112.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 20
G

Hola muchacho,that's a beautiful lady you got there...The first one threw some balls about 2-3 weeks in flowering and stopped.The second one started at the same time but never stopped.The first one was totally purple/magenta,the other was purple,too but also more leafy so more green in appearance,both gave a reddish bud in cure with purple undertones.
She surely reminds me of my current fastest frosty specimen,which I speculated that is a cross of the mexi with MxPCk...

orfeas

Veteran
Hola muchacho,that's a beautiful lady you got there...The first one threw some balls about 2-3 weeks in flowering and stopped.The second one started at the same time but never stopped.The first one was totally purple/magenta,the other was purple,too but also more leafy so more green in appearance,both gave a reddish bud in cure with purple undertones.
She surely reminds me of my current fastest frosty specimen,which I speculated that is a cross of the mexi with MxPCk...

Gracias, tontito! :)

quite a relief...still got to see the afore described colouration though...she's fine alright...thus far with a caterpillar here and there and a plucking and a crushing :biggrin: I hate them buggers while I feel somewhat sorry for eliminating any chance they might have to chew...today I found none but I'll keep vigilant anyway...

Looks more like a magnesium defficiency than Nitrogen to me:biggrin:

Thank you, Tipunch!
funny thing is she's been getting both...seems as if I haven't managed to sort out the soil problemito and she's had those leaves for quite sometime now, but being sporadic and only in the bottom part of the plant somehow worries me not... :)

deepwaterdude

I had to relocate my Purple Mex for it'd been standing half way under the tin roof and half of the plant was in the shade until noon or later. Now it's getting a couple of hours more sunlight...
Needless to say it was hard trying to drag a 35-litre-pot with a two-metre-plant in it under horizontal beams of less than two metres high...eventually the plant got to its niche unscathed or almost. "almost" goes for the 10cm cola top I saw hanging from a string I failed to undo before pulling the plant to its new spot... :biggrin:

Any insight into the leaf pic?

P.S. Hey, syd, when did yours hermed? Any purple?

That there is a big fat beauty, orfeas, nice going! If you can decapitate the plant and stay in good humor, then you're doing pretty well;)

As for the funny leaves, I think you've got a micronute deficiency; boron or something... maybe iron/sulfur. If it were Mg def you'd see the veins of the leaves green, while Ca def looks like yellowing, then rust spots then total necrosis. Not NPK either. That leaves the micros;) Some texas greensand would help or a good dose of Tigerbloom or something else that has all that. They were on the bottom of the plant?

An damn, the little erdpurt x was well worth it!

Edit: Also, I can get those washed out leaves an buds on lowers that are either pressed up against something or getting very little light, hence no photosynthesis to create color.

G

+1 on the not getting enough light explanation.Maxicrop is also a good source of micronutrients that Orfeas has if I can recall...

Also wanted to say that both times 8 weeks were enough,although I took the second one to 9 for more viable seeds.

Not getting purple could be also very good(more Oaxaca dom maybe) ,although the puffballs she crates remind me of the more PCK leaner.Maybe you'll hit the jackpot with both dense buds and sativa high!

Tipunch

That there is a big fat beauty, orfeas, nice going! If you can decapitate the plant and stay in good humor, then you're doing pretty well;)

As for the funny leaves, I think you've got a micronute deficiency; boron or something... maybe iron/sulfur. If it were Mg def you'd see the veins of the leaves green, while Ca def looks like yellowing, then rust spots then total necrosis. Not NPK either. That leaves the micros;) Some texas greensand would help or a good dose of Tigerbloom or something else that has all that. They were on the bottom of the plant?

An damn, the little erdpurt x was well worth it!

Edit: Also, I can get those washed out leaves an buds on lowers that are either pressed up against something or getting very little light, hence no photosynthesis to create color.

Sulfur, yup closer than mag:shark:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Looks like the Orient Express, Purple Mexican and Zamaldelica are going to yield quite well :) I would recommend you to keep high the nutrient feeding (also the N) in your Zamaldelica and Orient Express, at least for a weeks more until they are facing their last flowering stage, then lower down N and start to flush when harvest is about 10-14 days to come.

I'm really curious to know your opinion (resins, terpenes and effects) about the freaky PCK x ErdPurt :D

Your local greek sativa looks very interesting and appealing too.
Do you have plans to preserve the line in seed form ?

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Looks like the Orient Express, Purple Mexican and Zamaldelica are going to yield quite well :) I would recommend you to keep high the nutrient feeding (also the N) in your Zamaldelica and Orient Express, at least for a weeks more until they are facing their last flowering stage, then lower down N and start to flush when harvest is about 10-14 days to come.

I'm really curious to know your opinion (resins, terpenes and effects) about the freaky PCK x ErdPurt :D

Your local greek sativa looks very interesting and appealing too.
Do you have plans to preserve the line in seed form ?

Hi, dubi!
appreciate your advice to feeding scheme, will up it a tad...however, I'm concerned about Zamaldelica that seems to be so fracking sensitive to nutes...
flush? is it necessary when feeding organics/semi-organics?

PCKxErdp smells heavier now that many a trich have turned amber..earthy/hashy and somewhat floral ...very hard nugs packed with resin.
effects? do you get stoned just smelling buds :biggrin:
the ripe branch I pinched off is still drying :)

As for my local cultivar, it's all about preservation ma man! I'll PM you about it when things get a bit slack with work...you're not the only one to work too much...luckily for me though it's only certain periods of the year, June and September that is...

orfeas

Veteran
now while my P x M renders me melancholic every time a branch goes, I still
" celebrate myself and sing myself
I lean and loafe at my ease observing tantalizingly aromatic colas..."
quoting/paraphrasing Whitman ... :)

zamaldelica and lumini(Kalamata origin) on the catwalk

Attachments

• P1100118.jpg
    P1100118.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1100139.jpg
    P1100139.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100137.jpg
    P1100137.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100132.jpg
    P1100132.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 15

orfeas

Veteran
one branch one plant two branches two plants :biggrin:
my panmal is obviously doing great despite having ended up with three branches only...smell's gone less aromatic since more and more pistils are going brown and withered (arbitrary conclusion) ....furthermore fumbling the buds for caterpillars has become a pain in the ass...so much sticky resin... :)

Oye Budmate! Can the last photo help me scrape through the screening for joining the ADC? :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100153.jpg
    P1100153.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100154.jpg
    P1100154.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100155.jpg
    P1100155.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100157.jpg
    P1100157.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100149.jpg
    P1100149.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 9

deepwaterdude

my panmal is obviously doing great despite having ended up with three branches only...smell's gone less aromatic since more and more pistils are going brown and withered (arbitrary conclusion) ....furthermore fumbling the buds for caterpillars has become a pain in the ass...so much sticky resin... :)

Oye Budmate! Can the last photo help me scrape through the screening for joining the ADC? :biggrin:

Awesome, orf, looking very good after the drama/trauma;) Any harvests yet of the more indica?

Buddler

Veteran

AH HA ORFEUS let me see now, uh huh yes uh huh by god man ,another ADC member sir.. they are looking great as I expect from you..:dance013:

Tipunch

Hey Orfeas why don''t you but some beer in a bowl, caterpillars love beer, come in bowl and sink drunk ! Works great

I had too much caterpillar(ba$tards) picking this week myself and then I NEEDED the BEER..!! Beer bowl huh..? Hmmm...

Beautiful girls Orfeas..!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Orfeas, Very nice ladies! I envy the difference some sunshine makes for a grow. Send a little my way. Peace

Tipunch

I had too much caterpillar(ba$tards) picking this week myself and then I NEEDED the BEER..!! Beer bowl huh..? Hmmm...

Beautiful girls Orfeas..!
Hi mate, swear you should try it. I had like 100 small caterpillars eating mine this year, I put a bowl close to each plant and every morning had like 5 in each bowl, after two weeks believe me its more than a hundred that were soaked in beer. Just need to change and add new beer every 3 days.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts