What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE (and other sats) Indoor Tricks

trich0me$

Thanks syd.
No UV lights, just twelve 16w screw in leds (3000k) and four 12w screw in leds (5000k) are all that have lit the AOCxADE. The other side of the room with my zamaldelica x ethiopians is a single blackstar 240w.

Terpene I posted a message in your Violtea grow journal, I had a few questions for you if you have some time!:woohoo::biggrin::tiphat:

deepwaterdude

You were right to post the second set of pics, Terpene, now we can really see what we're drooling about;) That last bouquet of Alien dawg buds is ridonculous.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Thanks all.

Alien Orange Cookies x Alien Dawg Ether at 9 weeks of 11/13 under 30w per sqft of screw in LEDs (250w over 1m x 1m area):
picture.php

picture.php

Mango citric Zamaldelica x Ethiopian at 6 weeks and 2m tall:
picture.php

The lemon-dill pickle smelling 60/40 Ethiopian leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian at 5 weeks:
picture.php

Runty Zamaldelica x Ethiopian pheno at 5 weeks:
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend,

Thanks for the updates on the new ethiopian hybrids :)
They all look healthy and happy, ready to face the upcoming weeks of flowering.

Mauritius sativa has very thin, delicate and flexible stems, average node length and medium/small sized leaves of light green color, while the etiopian has bigger and darker leaves, with a stronger branching and quite long node length, looks like the mauritius x ethiopian is more ethiopian dominant in growing traits.

The Zamaldelica x ethiopian are lovely as well. Looks like next weeks of flowering are going to be very promising ;)

Terpene

Veteran
Dubi - you're right on the Mauritius x Ethiopian, they're quite delicate. They're also very complex smelling plants - its hard to describe the purple-berry/earth/sliced-lemons-in-the-hot-sun smell I'm picking up off the more Mauritius leaning plants.

The 60/40 ethiopian leaning plant stems smell "pink" like strawberries and cotton candy but with lemons and an earthy back. Here it is a week into flower:
picture.php

The very Ethiopian plant has been stretching to the moon and keeps hitting the lights. I have topped it aggressively several times to try and slow vertical development in veg but with somewhat limited success. This plant may end up being put outside. It has a smell very similar to floral-citric hops.
picture.php

The mauritius leaning plant is still untopped and remains pretty bushy. Its (kinda?) berry-fruity / forest floor smell has been developing as it grows:
picture.php

Everything with the Zamaldelica x Ethiopians is going quite well despite the fact that I've been pushing them a little bit too hard. The topped pheno of Zamaldelica x Ethiopian's smell has really improved in the last weeks. Its gone from lemons and dill pickles to a really nice, citrus-mango-carrot-cream smell. It really likes being under the screw in LEDs and has started to chunk up quite quickly:
picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
2.5 weeks in and the routinely topped 60/40 Ethiopian leaning Mauritius x Ethiopian really wants to become the tallest plant in the room. Its spindly, has long flexible stems and really appreciates support. I would compare the development in flower to a pure haze, despite the rather dense vegging habit.
picture.php

On that note, I am going to really pay the price for vegging these other two Mauritius x Ethiopian for so long. They've been kept in 3.5L pots and are getting quite rootbound. This is the very Ethiopian looking female which has been topped numerous times and refuses to cooperate with any attempt to control its height.
picture.php

8.5 weeks on the topped 60/40 Ethiopian leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian. Of the three, this one is producing substantially more weight and taking far less time to finish. This also could be because its right up against the screw in LEDs where the other two plants are sharing the 240w Blackstar.
picture.php

8.5 weeks in on the Zamaldelica x Ethiopian runty pheno. Of the two untopped plants, its developing more densely clustered flowers. I messed with the while balance on my camera before taking pics of the two plants under the 240w Blackstar. The result isn't quite true on plant color, but does show flowers well.
picture.php

9.5 weeks on Zamaldelica x Ethiopian mango citric Zamaldelica looking plant.
picture.php

ULMW

Terpene, Thanks for the great growing photo updates on the Ethiopian crosses. All doing so well. Happy growing!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Terpene,

That Alien plant is beautiful!

The screw in LED side looks to be getting quite a bit more light - if that 240 watt Blackstar is only using about 120 watts. Can you squeeze in another screw in or 2 or drop that Blackstar a few inches?

I kept some Golden Tigers pretty compact under a close Blackstar 180 (90 watts draw)

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
The Mauritius x Ethiopian stretches A LOT in flower! All of my lights are now hung at ceiling height in an attempt to keep up with the plants. Call this an accidental test of the effective depth of screw in LED lighting. 2m tall Mauritius x Ethiopian @ 3.5 weeks (left), Zamaldelica x Ethiopian @ 10.5 weeks (right):
picture.php

Mauritius x Ethiopian flower detail shot, 3.5 weeks:
picture.php

Mango citric Zamaldelica leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian bud detail at 10.5 weeks:
picture.php

Things have moved around a bit, the tallest plants share the screw in panel and the "squatter" Zamaldelica x Ethiopians are sharing the Blackstar 240w. The screw in LEDs are running circles around the Blackstar in terms of bud size, so I want to see if the spindly plants plump up the same way the topped Zamaldelica x Ethiopian has. You can really see the difference in bud density between the runty pheno (front) and its 60/40 ethiopian leaning sister (rear) who spent the last 3 weeks under the screw ins:
picture.php

60/40 Ethiopian leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian bud detail shot, 9.5 weeks:
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Call this an accidental test of the effective depth of screw in LED lighting.

You have done very well with them. If you decide they need more light lower down then all it takes is a few bulbs hung lower.

Terpene

Veteran
Mauritius x Ethiopian @ 5 weeks. I think we're just about done stretching, so this may work out after all. The plant has been stacking with little difference in bud density up to about 30-36" off the bulbs:
picture.php

Flower detail:
picture.php

The Zamaldelica x Ethiopians are still pushing pistils despite being between 11-12 weeks.
The tall and spindly untopped mango carrot zamal leaning pheno has thickened up quite a bit since being moved under the screw ins:
picture.php

As I assumed would happen, the untopped pheno has slowed in development under the Blackstar. Its probably time to retire the expensive panel in favor of little bulbs.
picture.php

The runty pheno has been my "control" for the LED test, it continues to stack but pales in comparison on output:
picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
After finding a few seeds on the floor underneath the untopped mango-citric zamaldelica x ethiopian, I decided that it was time to clip off the branches that were pollinated with the lemony and very ethiopian leaning zamaldelica x ethiopian male.

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
As usual, Dubi is right. :huggg: I thought you couldn't get more positive / happy effects than Honduran, I was wrong - especially if you're looking for a little extra pep. Zamaldelica x Ethiopian has similar effects as Honduras, you're happy and appreciative of everything around you - people, music, plants, animals, and so on. However, Zamaldelica x Ethiopian is clearer, more energetic / electric and generally more intense experience overall. To put it another way, Honduras is more laid back, classic rock and roll whereas Zamaldelica x Ethiopian is its Ibiza club-going cousin.

The uncured, seeded branches of the mango citric zamaldelica leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian are pretty decent smoke. The ethiopian influence changes the spindly, scary-trippy zamaldelica's electric and sometimes overwhelming effect by making it a warmer and more positive somewhat psychedelic experience.

I also took down one of the topped, ethiopian leaning Zamaldelica x Ethiopian branches at the 11 week mark. The smoke is AWESOME. Its happy, giggly, laughter inducing, positive, clear, electric, energetic semi-psychedelic and can be somewhat overwhelming / psychedelic in large doses(colors become more intense, minor visual distortion, etc) Even though its partially wet, it has a delicious mango-lemon-cream pie taste and smell. :good:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi terpene friend :)
Congrats on the harvest! Thank you very much for sharing your growing experience about the new Zamaldelica x Ethiopian hybrid.

This new pure sativa hybrid has the compact and manageable structure and shorter flowering time of the Zamaldelica mango carrot elite mother, but with a more explosive kind of flowering thanks to the ethiopian influence. I'm glad to see the ethiopian didn't make the hybrid too lanky, something that could frequently happen with pure ethiopians or with more ethiopian dominant hybrids in the structure.

The positive, energetic and clear effect is what i was mainly looking for in this mostly african sativa poly hybrid. Glad you found the effect more complex and with even better sativa qualities than pure Honduras. That's a really good sign based on your previous positive experience with pure Honduras ;)

The curl

The curl

Mauritius x Ethiopian @ 5 weeks. I think we're just about done stretching, so this may work out after all. The plant has been stacking with little difference in bud density up to about 30-36" off the bulbs:
View Image

Flower detail:
View Image

The Zamaldelica x Ethiopians are still pushing pistils despite being between 11-12 weeks.
The tall and spindly untopped mango carrot zamal leaning pheno has thickened up quite a bit since being moved under the screw ins:
View Image

As I assumed would happen, the untopped pheno has slowed in development under the Blackstar. Its probably time to retire the expensive panel in favor of little bulbs.
View Image

The runty pheno has been my "control" for the LED test, it continues to stack but pales in comparison on output:
View Image

May i inquire why they curl on the fans like that? Is it a direct result of natural dieoff? Cause its kool to watch vicariously through your photos!i

Latest posts

Latest posts