What's new

Acapulco Gold

Just flipped to flower

Just flipped to flower

Thanks to a very generous forum member I was able to pop a couple of these Acapulco Gold seeds 6 weeks ago. I have grown Barneys version several times over the last couple of years so I was very surprised to see the difference in the two. While I like the smoke from Barneys I am really looking forward to trying these from Nierika Seed Bank as I think it will get me close to my first cannabis experience back in 69'. Anyway, enough of all that... here they are at 6 weeks. They were topped last week and I took 2 clones off of each one this morning at the flip.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thanks to a very generous forum member I was able to pop a couple of these Acapulco Gold seeds 6 weeks ago. I have grown Barneys version several times over the last couple of years so I was very surprised to see the difference in the two. While I like the smoke from Barneys I am really looking forward to trying these from Nierika Seed Bank as I think it will get me close to my first cannabis experience back in 69'. Anyway, enough of all that... here they are at 6 weeks. They were topped last week and I took 2 clones off of each one this morning at the flip.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1786019&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1786018&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Is one of em barneys and the other nierika? Like the left barneys? And right bodhis? Jw n ty

Dog Star

Veteran
Bodhi AGs are real sativa,think those your plants will be monsters,they stretch
really good.. also taked clones from mine plants as to me it looks i will not finish them
from seed whithouth height problems..

Wish best to your grow

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I got a question to all you on this thread that know MUCH more than I about AG. So on this other website I get on there's this guy who is claiming he took ag to a lab and tested it's genetic makeup and says that ag is not pure sativa implying that there's some afghan in its lineage.. do you guy's think he's onto something or is this bs

Thanks ic familia

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Bodhi's AG looks more pure than his Zipolite. His AG looks quite pure actually.
You sure it's not the Oaxacan Zipolite that got tested?
I blame the drug cartels for the genetic impurity.

Good question I will have to ask the source of his seeds on that thread

Dog Star

Veteran
Bodhi AGs dont have any afghani influence... i growing them side by side with modern hybrids and Old School Hashplant and they showing self like a true sativa what they really are..

so much elongation and a narrow leafes simply showing there is no any ghani inside..

Bodhi AGs are real deal.. also they need long time to show sex what i found very interesting.. those males i put on flowering just elongates and grows while they dont show any balls.. males also need long time for preflowering,think ladies showed first
their preflower..

djimb

Veteran
where do you get bodhis AG

you can find pretty solid hints for googling on page 3 of this thread. They appear to have recently restocked the zippolite oaxacan and a pakistani peshawari strain that both include acapulco freebies.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Bodhi AGs dont have any afghani influence... i growing them side by side with modern hybrids and Old School Hashplant and they showing self like a true sativa what they really are..

so much elongation and a narrow leafes simply showing there is no any ghani inside..

Bodhi AGs are real deal.. also they need long time to show sex what i found very interesting.. those males i put on flowering just elongates and grows while they dont show any balls.. males also need long time for preflowering,think ladies showed first
their preflower..

Thanks now I can construe his lies he says they came from the same source being bodhi (nierika seed trust) thank you dog star

On day 12, after I flipped to 12/12, one of them showed his balls so he has been removed but I'd like to get some pollen as the female has not started to flower yet. Maybe I can get lucky on the timing, but if not, there's some rooted clones in veg.

Dog Star

Veteran
I saved all clones from 4 plants,was think i have 2 males and 2 females but by
cuts i found there is 3 female and one male..

they go huge,hard to control them,thats why i keeped all clones so i can
made from clone smaller plants to flower..

Nierika's Acapulco Gold stats?

Nierika's Acapulco Gold stats?

Trivia for the day......

Has anyone had Nierika's Acapulco Gold tested in a lab? I'm just curious if this landrace strain is the same as Barney's.

80% Sativa / 20% Indica

THC 19-24%

Thanks

Beanzy

Trivia for the day......

Has anyone had Nierika's Acapulco Gold tested in a lab? I'm just curious if this landrace strain is the same as Barney's.

80% Sativa / 20% Indica

THC 19-24%

Thanks
If there is any Indica at all in the genetics than it is not AC, the real AC is a sativa landrace and the availability even in the early 70s,Spring (74) was the last time I saw it but there was not huge amounts of it at least to the midwest. It only was available in the spring usually because the sativa took so long to flower. The buds were heavily seeded and airy with golden bracts that turned to shake covering the seedpods.
AC was a combination of the soil and the intense sun in Southern Mexico, with a dry flowering season. It was electrifying.
If an Indica has been put in the mix we are better off with any modern day sativa sided hybrid. THC levels alone do not tell the tale of a specific buzz.