What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

48N

Hey everyone
I'm growing bodhis Acapulco gold and zipolite oaxacan and both are extremely hard to show sex compared to the other strains I'm growing
I even put them in the dark for 3 days, then 3 zipolites showed their sex but still none of the ag's
Put them in the dark for 2 more days and now most of the ag's look like shit, like overwatered plants, I hope I haven't killed some of them
Out of 11 zipolites 7 have showed their sex by now (before the dark they had 4-5 weeks of 11/13)
From the Acapulco golds none has showed their sex yet
How long did they take you to show sex?
I don't know what I'm doing wrong or it's just the strain? There is no light leak
Im sad how they look now, think about cutting them back, all those unstable branches and yellowing leaves
I was really excited about this strain and about crossing it to shorter flowering Mexican varieties I'm also currently growing (which all have showed their sex for a long time)
Right now it's not looking good…
Any help?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think mine took at least 2 weeks to show, maybe 3? I used a light cycle of 9 hours 40 minutes lights on. I doubt putting them in the dark for days is good, just lower the lights on amount. 10 hours or less works for me.

I had nanners on my AG but they were not bad and I like getting a few free seeds. I had one AG finish in 12 weeks so no need for me to lower the flowering time, that is more than reasonable for a quality sativa. The other one was stunted by cat chewing on it so it went 14 but likely would have been earlier if normal.

48N

I think mine took at least 2 weeks to show, maybe 3? I used a light cycle of 9 hours 40 minutes lights on. I doubt putting them in the dark for days is good, just lower the lights on amount. 10 hours or less works for me.

I had nanners on my AG but they were not bad and I like getting a few free seeds. I had one AG finish in 12 weeks so no need for me to lower the flowering time, that is more than reasonable for a quality sativa. The other one was stunted by cat chewing on it so it went 14 but likely would have been earlier if normal.

Well now I know :)
It's the first time I've tried that, it worked for the zipolites but not for the ag's
Live and learn
it looks like most of the ag's will make it
Survival of the fittest
probably won't have them grown out this season, just making seeds with the survivors
let's see how they recover, maybe there's still a chance for recovery, showing sex again, taking clones (for seed production) and moving the plants to a safe place and
All of that before natural flowering starts lol
We'll see…

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
So I posted a pic of this on the Mexican Landrace thread in hopes of someone else getting a trifoliate out of there bodhi AG was this line in the past prior to bodhi treated with colchicine? Or is this something that naturally occurs but is rare at that?

Also this pic was taken yesterday and now the seedling has 3 leaves. Im just curious to how common this is and if it occurs naturally in AG or if it was treated b4 bodhi got em

troutman

Seed Whore
So I posted a pic of this on the Mexican Landrace thread in hopes of someone else getting a trifoliate out of there bodhi AG was this line in the past prior to bodhi treated with colchicine? Or is this something that naturally occurs but is rare at that?

View Image

Also this pic was taken yesterday and now the seedling has 3 leaves. Im just curious to how common this is and if it occurs naturally in AG or if it was treated b4 bodhi got em

When the dicots (fake leaves) are messed up or really
getting in the way of the real leaves like yours are.

I snipped them off to allow the plant to grow naturally.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
When the dicots (fake leaves) are messed up or really
getting in the way of the real leaves like yours are.

I snipped them off to allow the plant to grow naturally.

Thank you I will keep this thread posted on my progress bless up bredren

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have been getting progressively less tripped out on the Bodhi Acapulco Gold. That first 30 minutes as the rest never was trippy. Still get some trippy effects for sure and the rest of the high is really pleasant.

But I was looking for trip weed and in the case of the phenos I ran, this does not quite qualify as that. I have a couple new AG in flower now so will try them and then if no great psychedelic effect, move on to other strains.

I have only been smoking on the weekends so the tolerance to these strains would seem to be mental more than physical but anyways it did happen. First few times with the AG were something special.

The Chimera Guerrero x Blueberry was a let down in trip effects as well. Very tasty, nice high, potent but not that trippy from two phenos. One of which gave me a rather confused high which is not my thing. The other has a very pleasant any time of day high.

48N

So I have been getting progressively less tripped out on the Bodhi Acapulco Gold. That first 30 minutes as the rest never was trippy. Still get some trippy effects for sure and the rest of the high is really pleasant.

But I was looking for trip weed and in the case of the phenos I ran, this does not quite qualify as that. I have a couple new AG in flower now so will try them and then if no great psychedelic effect, move on to other strains.

I have only been smoking on the weekends so the tolerance to these strains would seem to be mental more than physical but anyways it did happen. First few times with the AG were something special.

The Chimera Guerrero x Blueberry was a let down in trip effects as well. Very tasty, nice high, potent but not that trippy from two phenos. One of which gave me a rather confused high which is not my thing. The other has a very pleasant any time of day high.

So it's not really trippy, is it functional ? Does it have a comedown? Did you find any of the advertised melon aromas?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Well I have all of one pheno to go by as the other one got mold in the jar. It was done in 9 weeks and may be a Blueberry pheno. I smoke a couple hits so most everything is still functional. If I smoked a half a joint I think I would be wasted. Comedown is light. Aromas, I am not the one to ask on that. It is sweet and good smelling and tasting is about as far as I will go.

I have a bunch of f2's from it and will run those some day to see if I can isolate the Guerrero or any other strain in there that is interesting. I have a Guerrero x Michoacan going right , and a Guerrero x Panama Red I have jarred.

48N

^^ Well I have all of one pheno to go by as the other one got mold in the jar. It was done in 9 weeks and may be a Blueberry pheno. I smoke a couple hits so most everything is still functional. If I smoked a half a joint I think I would be wasted. Comedown is light. Aromas, I am not the one to ask on that. It is sweet and good smelling and tasting is about as far as I will go.

I have a bunch of f2's from it and will run those some day to see if I can isolate the Guerrero or any other strain in there that is interesting. I have a Guerrero x Michoacan going right , and a Guerrero x Panama Red I have jarred.

Sorry that I haven't made it clearer that I was asking those questions about the Acapulco gold :)
Will you grow the ag again?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The AG tasted hashy and kind of earthy. I have two AG just into flower so if I do not get better phenos from them then I will put this AG on the back burner as I have lots of other landrace-heirloom sativas to go thru.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

So I'm waiting to see if this plant will grow out of this trifoliate look as it has with other ag growers :) if not does this mean my chances of this becoming a male increases or is it nothing like that?

herbgreen

Veteran
Yeah, i hear the thing to do with these pure sativas is grow them out a couple months then get clones off em and start flower from there

otherwise the plants maturity level is not quite established and it can be variable performance

plus little clones are easier start point inside

This all may have been said...just stopped back here it makes me think you can sex these similar way with putting test clones into 12/12

no matter what this type of plant takes extra space and time but thats obviously wellworth it really once the mothers are in a couple months

Thanks to Liquid Kid and Bodhi for putting this out there

This is the type of thing I love to see !

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Yeah, i hear the thing to do with these pure sativas is grow them out a couple months then get clones off em and start flower from there

otherwise the plants maturity level is not quite established and it can be variable performance

plus little clones are easier start point inside

This all may have been said...just stopped back here it makes me think you can sex these similar way with putting test clones into 12/12

no matter what this type of plant takes extra space and time but thats obviously wellworth it really once the mothers are in a couple months

Thanks to Liquid Kid and Bodhi for putting this out there

This is the type of thing I love to see !

imo 75 to 80 days veg for full flavor and cannabinoids by volume that's true tho on taking the clones and flowering from there considering the 15 weeks plus flowering time depending on pheno and preference you growing the beautiful ag too by bodhi?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So had not toked the AG for a couple weeks? and had a couple puffs tonight. Got pretty zoned I have to say. Might have been that I needed a longer break between sessions or that the buds vary, as I had lots of larf from the lower half of the plant and might have been hitting that instead of the better stuff higher.

Maybe trim the lower third or so of your plant if you want higher quality smoke. This plant has the trip or soaring high potential. Pheno hunt and trim the bottom is what I recommend.

9 hours and 20 minutes lights on, gets them to the finish line faster. Still a kind, non anxiety high with this AG, which can be a bit hard to find with trippy strains.

anurag

So had not toked the AG for a couple weeks? and had a couple puffs tonight. Got pretty zoned I have to say. Might have been that I needed a longer break between sessions or that the buds vary, as I had lots of larf from the lower half of the plant and might have been hitting that instead of the better stuff higher.

Maybe trim the lower third or so of your plant if you want higher quality smoke. This plant has the trip or soaring high potential. Pheno hunt and trim the bottom is what I recommend.

9 hours and 20 minutes lights on, gets them to the finish line faster. Still a kind, non anxiety high with this AG, which can be a bit hard to find with trippy strains.

Well I'm stopping in to echo yesum. I had at first been disappointed in the effects of the three AG moms, but the first samples were low, and simply dried. Now I enjoy the effect very much. Also, a few hardcore tokers have gotten back to me saying how enjoyable the AG is.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Do these ag take longer than most hybrids to show sex? My plant towers most older than it will put a pic on here soon

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I currently have one at 4 1/2 weeks that has not shown sex. Might throw it out. As I recall the others were about 3 weeks to show sex.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I currently have one at 4 1/2 weeks that has not shown sex. Might throw it out. As I recall the others were about 3 weeks to show sex.

Thanks, Yesum, I appreciate the info I will be keeping my eye on it more than I already do I would be happy if mu trifoliate ends up being a female rather than the famous male trifoliates