What's new

Acapulco Gold

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Well, reading this thread was an eye opener for me. Thank you for the facts, Musta...Nice to give props where they're due eh?

Thank you to Liquid_kid06 for saving the strain and Bodhi for making repros...

And thanks for posting the dried buds pic and smoke report, yesum. Always appreciate your posts.

I got 4 of these going outside right now and I'm hoping to get them to finish properly. Gonna be a gamble, but it'll hopefully be worth the extra effort I'm planning on putting in.

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Here's one of the four AG plants I'm running now...it's the lanky one in the left of the shot. I'll try to get some pics up of the others when I have time.

picture.php

Found some more pics of a few more. Sorry, but this pic turned sideways during the upload..(*edit* I think I fixed it, so it should be upright now! Woot!)

picture.php

Pinesoul bag seed in the center, AGs on the sides...

picture.php

HB.

Dog Star

Veteran
Have 4 sprouts of AG from Bodhi,

they grow fast and have those landrace look,side branches goes strong from
a start..

GuyManDude

Acapulco Gold indoors

Acapulco Gold indoors

Here's some shots of the AG I have going indoors. She's in a 3 gallon pot, FFOF, in front of a 4 foot cool tube, mounted vertically with a 1K HPS in each end.
she's at 9 weeks 12/12 this past Monday and nowhere near finished

anyone have an idea of how long the average flowering time is for this girl. I'm prepared to let her go as long as it takes, but an idea would be nice.

Attachments

• Acaqpulco Gold 9 weeks 1-private.jpg
    Acaqpulco Gold 9 weeks 1-private.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52

GuyManDude

Shes huge,nice sized buds...

Its also Bodhi version of AG??

this came from Liquid Kid by way of a friend from Texas, even though Liquid Kid is a friend too. i have a few beans Liquid made and sent me in reserve

i'm a little worried about keeping her on the hungry side, but every time i feed her her tips burn. LOL. i just pray i don't screw this up - I really miss the sativas I smoked as a teen in the early 80's

Dog Star

Veteran
Then great... :)

That is a same version as Bodhis,actually Bodhi get his own for reproduction
from Liquid Kid.

Think man that your pheno will flower between 4-7 week more if i judge reports
on Bodhi AGs.. that is aproximate off course,you will see alone when shes finish.

Think you will have some nice smoke soon..

Did you found some intersex on her??

Kind regards

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this came from Liquid Kid by way of a friend from Texas, even though Liquid Kid is a friend too. i have a few beans Liquid made and sent me in reserve

i'm a little worried about keeping her on the hungry side, but every time i feed her her tips burn. LOL. i just pray i don't screw this up - I really miss the sativas I smoked as a teen in the early 80's

I would drop the light schedule down to 10/14 at least. I have mine at 9 hours 15 minutes lights on. Finish em faster.:tiphat:

They look really chunky compared to mine. I have a couple of Kid's AG going now. They took 3 1/2 weeks after flipping light to show sex. Really old style sativa plants. Skinniest little buds.

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe those short duration of hours made your plants intersexed Yesum??

Acapulco is on 16 North so a best for her will be 11-11,5 hours of daylight as it
is in that area when this plants flowering..

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer

Acapulco is on 16 North so a best for her will be 11-11,5 hours of daylight as it

Heirlooms and landraces tend to intersex it's about selection when ibl-ing the line he does those hours bcuz it reflects the native land it grew on you do those typically with most sativa heirloom n landrace strains

Bless up

Dog Star

Veteran
I understand that heirlooms can herm,

more i refered to Yesum light ciclus of 9.something hours that is not good for flowering a
Acapulco Gold.

Ideal for that strain will be to start on 12,5 hours and gradually goes to 11 hours thru ciclus of 16 or more weeks... that is how she grows in nature there..

and Yesum told that she after 3.something weeks start to flower and show flowers,
that goes good in mine theory as after 3-4 weeks in that schedule a light falls
under 12 hours,no probs for her to flower..

Acapulco area after 22 September falls under 12 hours of light..

Mine idea is to imitate,not inovate those light ciclus for some specific strain,
she is a landrace and maybe she herms if light schedule is not by her choice,

was talk with Yesum before on Acapulco Gold and he says they hermed but like
this is normal for them... now i ask myself why he didnt give them their
true light hours like they get in nature and then to judge does they herm
or not.. they never flower in 9 hours regime in their motherland..

so i will made a experiment as am very interested in this old sativa..

GuyManDude

i have not seen any hermaphroditic tendencies with this girl. She is a clone I received from a friend who popped LK's beans. I have beans from Liquid kid too that I have kept safe. I may drop the light schedule down to what would be normal for the native region but i can't go too far since i have about 10 other plants around that big light to think about too.

troutman

Seed Whore
Landraces tend to be very sensitive to nutrients and I suspect a lot of people who get hermaphroditic plants fed them too much. Or they exposed the plants to an extremely long photoperiod. Landraces don't get 18+ hours of light that some people may give them. Reading about the climatic conditions of where your Landrace originates and duplicating as much of the environmental variables as possible helps a lot when growing them.

:tiphat:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Landraces tend to be very sensitive to nutrients and I suspect a lot of people who get hermaphroditic plants fed them too much. Or they exposed the plants to an extremely long photoperiod. Landraces don't get 18+ hours of light that some people may give them. Reading about the climatic conditions of where your Landrace originates and duplicating as much of the environmental variables as possible helps a lot when growing them.

:tiphat:

would keeping my AG in 18/6 veg for 80 days cause unnecessary stress? I wanna evade that by all means I got a trifoliate and it is luckily a female and I don't wanna lose her as my last time smoking AG was back in 2011 or 2012 and it was the best smoke imo

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
would keeping my AG in 18/6 veg for 80 days cause unnecessary stress? I wanna evade that by all means I got a trifoliate and it is luckily a female and I don't wanna lose her as my last time smoking AG was back in 2011 or 2012 and it was the best smoke imo

You must have big ass room. After 80 days on 18/6, that AG is gonna be huge.

HB.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

More likely all the bending and snapping of branches that I do to control height if not genetics. I am too impatient to use natural light schedule as I have really, dozens of strains I want to go thru.

I think hermies come from light interruptions of darkness, not excess darkness.

GuyManDude

hermies come from stressing a plant. there are many ways to stress a plant. Letting it wilt too many times, overfeeding, being rootbound, light during the dark cycle too many times, etc

Latest posts

Latest posts