What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AC/DC, White Fire OG & Chocolate Hashberry Outdoor Grow

Sounds like a good plan. Yup Its definitely that time of year in cali when plants either flower or veg. i have a couple small ones going into flower now but i luckily the ones i like the most are vegging so it probably best.

Yes it is! I'm actually happy also because my potted gals gals that are outside haven't started to bloom yet so I don't really mind if my chocolate Hashberry and white fire that are in the ground are alreadbloomin' ! But I've never had outdoor gals early bloom before! Do you think they will keep on flowering till they are ready or will they revert back to vegging?

Raised beds are awesome man! I grow in sub irrigated raised beds but raised beds in general rock! Assuming the bed would be maybe bigger then 2 20 gal smartpots combined you would have a awesome yeild!
Well idk about acdcs yeild though. Im happy when i can pull some decently resined buds from her. She never yeilds. Then again i get a different result with every growing method ive tried. Ive literally got 10 and 14 gram acdc harvests from 5 and 10 gallon pots believe it or not, and right now i have one in a 1 gallon and it got slightly root bound. in 1 gallon it looks like 10+ gs which is way better. At that i should get 100 gs from acdc in a 10 gallon give or take. But it hasnt happened.
It is however incredibly frosty and sticky and the aroma hits you in the face. I still grow acdc and am passionate to do so because i know its a one of a kind and important medicine for lots of people including myself. very Terpy.

Yes I love raised beds! I would love to have a 50+ gallon raised bed but since I have a small yard I may not have enough room and may just settle for a 20-30 gal pots.

Yes I've heard the AC/DC isn't a great yielder, so it's good that I'm the quality not quantity type of guy lol. Even though a good yielder is always great. We will see how she does! Crazy how you can get more yield ratio wise from a one gallon than a 10 gallon! I've had similar situations but with quality! Often I've had a few girls in one or two gallon pots and the rest in bigger pots and the ones in smaller pots seem to be the frostiest, dankest buds! Haven't been able to explain it lol.

Jah bless brother

Here is the AC/DC in a 3 gallon fabric pot. Compared to the last pic I took she looks way healthier now!

But when I went out to take the pics I took a look at this potted ladies and it looks like they are starting to Flower! Good thing I have another AC/DC and WiFi #3 Clone that will be going outside also, but not until June!!

Awesome! Thats good. They are looking pretty healthy too. Ive heard middle of June is a good time to put clones out in California. Ill be removing my clones from supplemental lighting in the mini greenhouse most likely by the end of June.

Awesome! Thats good. They are looking pretty healthy too. Ive heard middle of June is a good time to put clones out in California. Ill be removing my clones from supplemental lighting in the mini greenhouse most likely by the end of June.

Yes they are nice and healthy thank God! Yes June gives you a good amount of time to veg before it starts flowering! I have for girls early blooming because I got impatient and set them out too early

I feel ya man. Sometimes ill put a small extra clone or two outside as a test to see what it does close to this time of year :) Its extra so even if it buds i will have a couple gs extra :p hahaha

I feel ya man. Sometimes ill put a small extra clone or two outside as a test to see what it does close to this time of year :) Its extra so even if it buds i will have a couple gs extra :p hahaha

Lol yea I know what you mean. But will it keep budding or will it eventually revert back to vegging? I've done outdoor for a few seasons but never had early bloomers. Maybe because I've always used seeds except this year I got me some clones.

Hey IC Mag! Sorry it's been about a month since the last update! Just been busy with life! Gals are all doing well, Chocolate Hashberry really starting to stack on some bids. I'll take pics and post today or tomorrow!

Here is a quick pic of that WiFi #3. Also in 5 gallon fabric pot.

I will take and post pics of the Chocolate Hashberry tomorrow!! Jah bless!

Looking good! Was going to say to respond to your last post in May, Seedlings will have hormones in them in greater amounts than clones that helps keep them in veg, so the clones will bloom usually vs clones. I can put seeds out in the end of february/march and they will veg but if i put a clone out that earlier it will bloom. I have to wait until June to plant clones without them flowering immediately on me.
Btw if ur planning on repottingagain to 15 but ur plants are blooming i would just wait, as we have already passed the summer solstice some weeks ago. So it won't revert this late and transplanting during bloom is much more stressful to a plant than trasplanting in veg. They don't make too many more roots in bloom vs flower either. Also i know if a plant gets too much root damage and shocks it could definitely hermie. Just be careful if u planned to repot if ur girls are flowering. ACDC is one i have seen a nanner on before. I saw somone elses flower sample with a nanner on the bud too.

I had one plant go into bloom because i didn't repot it and its a little rootbound. It was just another extra plant tho. Anyway It began showing signs of reveg about 2 weeks ago. About a week ago i was sure of it, but now everything else is about to flower, so im thinking the plant i failed to repot will bloom again but i may not get anything off of it. When it reveges like that with super developed buds, then goes right back into flower immediately everything gets squished and scraggly. Old buds smashed on new buds. Man i hate that. The old buds will even become too old before the new ones are done but the new ones come from the old ones. I hate when that happens. lol

Here is the Chocolate Hashberry pic! Sorry for e lag lay lol. Delay. Been very busy with the family. The second pic is the White Fire OG. They are horrible pics I know, I'm sorry. In the market for a pro camera so pics will effectually get much better lol.

Looking good! Was going to say to respond to your last post in May, Seedlings will have hormones in them in greater amounts than clones that helps keep them in veg, so the clones will bloom usually vs clones. I can put seeds out in the end of february/march and they will veg but if i put a clone out that earlier it will bloom. I have to wait until June to plant clones without them flowering immediately on me.
Btw if ur planning on repottingagain to 15 but ur plants are blooming i would just wait, as we have already passed the summer solstice some weeks ago. So it won't revert this late and transplanting during bloom is much more stressful to a plant than trasplanting in veg. They don't make too many more roots in bloom vs flower either. Also i know if a plant gets too much root damage and shocks it could definitely hermie. Just be careful if u planned to repot if ur girls are flowering. ACDC is one i have seen a nanner on before. I saw somone elses flower sample with a nanner on the bud too.

Hey Tec than you for the info! Yes I have never had seedlings early bloom on me but 6 of my clones did!

I guess I had to learn that one the hard way lol. Thanks I'll definitely keep a watch on the AC/DC! Even tho I wouldn't mind a fem bean or two from her lol. I'm quite the seed collector lol.

I had one plant go into bloom because i didn't repot it and its a little rootbound. It was just another extra plant tho. Anyway It began showing signs of reveg about 2 weeks ago. About a week ago i was sure of it, but now everything else is about to flower, so im thinking the plant i failed to repot will bloom again but i may not get anything off of it. When it reveges like that with super developed buds, then goes right back into flower immediately everything gets squished and scraggly. Old buds smashed on new buds. Man i hate that. The old buds will even become too old before the new ones are done but the new ones come from the old ones. I hate when that happens. lol

Yes it seems that the white fire on the ground is doing that! The bud looked nice at one point and every few days I could see the nugs getting more swollen but then the opposite started to happen lol. It's OK though I have five more WiFi clones and some WiFi x OG Kush beans !:yay:

Here are a few pics of the seedlings I had popped about 4 weeks or so ago. They are still indoor under nothing but CFL's and in red party cups. Haven't transplanted lol. Still gotta sex them.

I have about 7 of the seedlings. Strains are Grape Ape, cherry pie, strawberry haze, blue dream, WiFi OG x OG Kush and blue haze train

GastroGrower

Here are a few pics of the seedlings I had popped about 4 weeks or so ago. They are still indoor under nothing but CFL's and in red party cups. Haven't transplanted lol. Still gotta sex them.

How much wattage do you have over these? I always have a lot of trouble getting seedlings to grow this well in those solo cups.

How much wattage do you have over these? I always have a lot of trouble getting seedlings to grow this well in those solo cups.

Hello GastroGrower! I only have 4 23 watters and one bigger 40 watt. They are all 6500k. I've noticed that when it gets hot inside the grow space the seedlings tend to stretch quite a bit.

When I say hot I'm taking about 88-93 degrees Fahrenheit! It's pretty hot in there at times but as long as they are watered enough and the RH stays above 30 they love it! I also have three WiFi clones in the same space and they are growing good too, just started off a look slow at first but now they are acclimated to environment pretty well so far.

Perhaps bulbs or wattage isn't the issue for you? What kind of temps do you have?