What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Absolute Amber from Banana Silver Ladyboys

jump117

Veteran
In addition to or instead of higher temperature and vacuum,
ultrasound can possibly improve the mobility of the solvent in the resin during purging.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In addition to or instead of higher temperature and vacuum,
ultrasound can possibly improve the mobility of the solvent in the resin during purging.

Good point! Put soapy water in an ultrasonic cleaning tank and aerate it so that it is full of bubbles. Then turn on the ultrasonic transducer and watch what happens.

For those whom have never tried it, the bubbles instantly rise to the surface.

I have a 50 watt ultrasonic transducer and the power supply to drive it, so perhaps I can rig up an ultrasonic experiment in a vacuum. Hee, hee, hee.............................

Thank you all for the answers to my questions. Could you tell me what the cause of "streaks" or trapped bubbles are in the initial wash, and/ or how to prevent them?

Good point! Put soapy water in an ultrasonic cleaning tank and aerate it so that it is full of bubbles. Then turn on the ultrasonic transducer and watch what happens.

For those whom have never tried it, the bubbles instantly rise to the surface.

I have a 50 watt ultrasonic transducer and the power supply to drive it, so perhaps I can rig up an ultrasonic experiment in a vacuum. Hee, hee, hee.............................

bout time. didn't we talk about this several months ago?....the cleaning tank....but i forgot about the new transducer. how long to test?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you all for the answers to my questions. Could you tell me what the cause of "streaks" or trapped bubbles are in the initial wash, and/ or how to prevent them?

I would need to see what you are referring to, but points of nucleation, like a dust particle, will produce a string of fine bubbles, that push each other aside as they rise and can form streaks, when the material gets too viscous for them to escape to atmosphere.

A cleaner collection dish and better filter on the end of the column might reduce the dust and help.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bout time. didn't we talk about this several months ago?....the cleaning tank....but i forgot about the new transducer. how long to test?

Yup, but got busy on other projects, like butane system refinement and building a new skunk shack. So much fun and so little time, hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort.............

I will need to cut down the aluminum plate that the transducer is mounted to for heat and energy disappation, so that it will fit in one of the vacuum chambers.

I will try it without heat first, because I am concerned about the effect of ultrasonic vibration on a lab hot plate elements when hot.

Use of ultrasound in the purging has already been proposed?
I searched before the suggest, but found only on ultrasound for the extraction and not to purging.

you are probably correct, jump. i'm speaking of ideas proposed in skunk pharm meetings, which are usually vapor laden and forgetful....unless noted for future reference. truthfully, i cannot recall the complete discussion, just the use of ultrasound to speed purge. don't think anything came of it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use of ultrasound in the purging has already been proposed?
I searched before the suggest, but found only on ultrasound for the extraction and not to purging.

Sorry Jump, cross talk. As ES notes, the discussion was in a local meeting, playing with a borrowed ultrasonic cleaning tank full of soapy water.

So much lovely Science I thought you boys and maybe a girl or two would enjoy a look at this chip.
This edit is for jump... hope you like I scrubbed the image up a little bit more.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0139b.jpg
    DSC_0139b.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0139f.jpg
    DSC_0139f.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 19

jump117

Veteran
Hey Arkady2300!
Imo its perfect result, My congratulations and thanks for posting!
but you have to improve your photo processing. lol
I am concerned about the effect of ultrasonic vibration
Hey Gray Wolf!
High creativity in your farm inspires hope for a quick knowledge of the truth in this matter.
I would venture to suggest for your consideration another fantasy on purging.
What do you think of filament extrusion of the molten resin through a spinneret instead of a fixed flat thin layer of melt?
If the extruder is positioned above a vertical tube camera,
the thin filament during the fall may be subject to a variety of influences - cooling, heating, irradiation or vacuumization or inert gas.
Electro-magnetic field can deflect falling filament to control the layout at the bottom of the receiver,
as they use in producing some kind of filter materials.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another interesting idea brother Jump! You must eat razor blade soup for breakfast!

Any links to this process on other material, or could you expand on the vertical tube camera and process for electromagnetic dispersal of the injected oil?

Hey Arkady2300!
Imo its perfect result, My congratulations and thanks for posting!
but you have to improve your photo processing. lol

Hey Gray Wolf!
High creativity in your farm inspires hope for a quick knowledge of the truth in this matter.
I would venture to suggest for your consideration another fantasy on purging.
What do you think of filament extrusion of the molten resin through a spinneret instead of a fixed flat thin layer of melt?
If the extruder is positioned above a vertical tube camera,
the thin filament during the fall may be subject to a variety of influences - cooling, heating, irradiation or vacuumization or inert gas.
Electro-magnetic field can deflect falling filament to control the layout at the bottom of the receiver,
as they use in producing some kind of filter materials.

wow, now that is an interesting concept..........

Trichgnomes

Another interesting idea brother Jump! You must eat razor blade soup for breakfast!

Ha! This is good one. Potential double entendre there. He is incredibly sharp, and can often be found with a pair of blades in his hands...

But seriously , filament extrusion of molten resin through a spinneret? That is a progressive purging process, to say the least.

Another question, for thats what i do baby...

Would there be any way to purge the initial butane wash in a 220F oven without significant terpene loss or cannabinoid degration/ isomerization?

jump117

Veteran
Any links to this process on other material, or could you expand on the vertical tube camera and process for electromagnetic dispersal of the injected oil?
I have no links, my friend told me how they make filtering materials for air purification from aerosols.
He said the rejection of the filament, probably by an electric field, rather than an electromagnet.
I do not know whether this is a common practice or a secret invention.
I tried to find links in Google and YouTube, there are many related technologies, but I have not found this one.

Then, our conversation arose from my interest in substrate STG synthetic wool from PET, suitable for hydroponic cultivation.
In this context, I came across a note of manufactured the wool with cotton candy machine from ground PET bottles.
Cotton candy machine extrudes the melt in the form of thin filaments of a rotating extruder head
with the top-loading, electrically heated to melt and the spinnerets on the perimeter,
a very small holes, through which the melt is extruded by centrifugal force.

A fine machine, but it is not simply to unite with the vacuum.
A much more promising is a long tube, which is located vertically,
where the top is an extruder and at the bottom - the receiver.
But this device also does not seems to me very simple in design and manufacture, its just the fantasy.

Perhaps if successful, material appears in similar consistency with the Rockwool made of BHO? :)

Mia

Another question, for thats what i do baby...

Would there be any way to purge the initial butane wash in a 220F oven without significant terpene loss or cannabinoid degration/ isomerization?

I don't think you can work around the issue of terpene degradation due to heat based on my limited knowledge. That is, heat degrades terpenes period. Heat, the great destroyer....
Of course maybe the wiser folks can jump in and give a more thorough answer.