What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 & C5, Old school hazes

Perlite has been used in horticulture since the 1800s...

Typical analysis of perlite

70–75% silicon dioxide: SiO2
12–15% aluminium oxide: Al2O3
3–4% sodium oxide: Na2O
3–5% potassium oxide: K2O
0.5-2% iron oxide: Fe2O3
0.2–0.7% magnesium oxide: MgO
0.5–1.5% calcium oxide: CaO
3–5% loss on ignition (chemical / combined water)

As well as its perfect structure for rooting cuttings.

Personally i use clay balls as im in RDWC, but if i start anything new i use coco/perlite/vermicompost.

Not sure what to say about these Hazes, perhaps they just don't suit my metabolism or something.

but then i didn't like food until someone other than my mum 'cooked' it.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bump for a haze lesson

you cant beat a good haze

peace

Yo Sammy

Veteran
You bet ya ojd

Some C5 top cola's @ harvest (100 days flower)

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_00643.JPG

DSC_00662.JPG

Cherio.

bigherb

Veteran
You bet ya ojd

Some C5 top cola's @ harvest (100 days flower)

View attachment 289372

View attachment 289368

View attachment 289369

Cherio.

Sup Unc

Great too see ya posting here ,Hope all is well

Elmer told me you been busy making some interesting hybrids.

Has anything you have created really stood out or Impressed you? That AG13 x Lanina looks fire

Im curious if you had tried reversing any of these OSH ? I think That Nevilles Haze OSH x AG13 would be amazing

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Sup Unc

Great too see ya posting here ,Hope all is well

Elmer told me you been busy making some interesting hybrids.

Has anything you have created really stood out or Impressed you? That AG13 x Lanina looks fire

Im curious if you had tried reversing any of these OSH ? I think That Nevilles Haze OSH x AG13 would be amazing

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

Hello bh,

Well so far we really like the old cuts crossed with the Ortega male my partner found in a pack of MNS ortega. He crossed all Vintage cuts with it and we prefer this male over the LaNiña male. Not to say that the lines made with the LN weren't nice but we prefer the ortega offspring in taste and aroma's and high produces.The crosses with the LaNiña arent so tasteful and the high is heavier, darker the the ortega male offspring's. Atm i'm testing some new lines, malawi male used this time. Also testing some KaribaxMullum. One of these stand out in vigor and aroma. I will try and find me a good stud in this line cause i really like it and i think the mating of a nice KxMM stud and the NH VC will be something extraordinary but patience is keen so all in good time.
We are working on reversing all old cuts and making S1's so we can interbreed them to one and other ánd to make a few of my overseas friends happy, hehe.
If we have em you'll be one of the first to hear about it.
Best vibes amigo.
Sam

Yo Sammy

Veteran

Hello ojd,

Hard to tell from a pic really. I must smell it to confirm.
I'll try to be at the next HTCC in the dam. Would be nice to meet up and chat some haze. We missed each other in barca so maybe next time will work. Off course its always a bit more difficult to meet anyone at fairs like that, so many people to meet, so many tokes to try, hehe
If we wont meet there maybe we can meet some other day in the dam or the Breda area so when we can chat a bit more relaxed.
Best vibes,
Sam

History lesson?

History lesson?

As I understand these dutch cuts C5 and A5 are F1 hybrids of Haze C or A and NL5, ok. These aren't different names for the 1 and 122 selections are they?

Can someone explain to me at what point some of these names were applied?

Neville bred many different combos and generations. Some other questions around these older haze hybrids....

what is silver haze?

Was neville trying to make Haze x NL more stable by creating SSH?

Is this A5 cut the one used to make neville's haze?

What was Mist?

bigherb

Veteran
Hello bh,

Well so far we really like the old cuts crossed with the Ortega male my partner found in a pack of MNS ortega. He crossed all Vintage cuts with it and we prefer this male over the LaNiña male. Not to say that the lines made with the LN weren't nice but we prefer the ortega offspring in taste and aroma's and high produces.The crosses with the LaNiña arent so tasteful and the high is heavier, darker the the ortega male offspring's. Atm i'm testing some new lines, malawi male used this time. Also testing some KaribaxMullum. One of these stand out in vigor and aroma. I will try and find me a good stud in this line cause i really like it and i think the mating of a nice KxMM stud and the NH VC will be something extraordinary but patience is keen so all in good time.
We are working on reversing all old cuts and making S1's so we can interbreed them to one and other ánd to make a few of my overseas friends happy, hehe.
If we have em you'll be one of the first to hear about it.
Best vibes amigo.
Sam

Sup Unc YS

Interesting though the new Ortega never really got my interest .But the parental backround is the throwback Maple leaf ,old school indica soo i could see it crossing well with those heavy hazes

What malawi stock are you looking threw ? If you havnt already id suggest Ace malawi seeds its gotten some great reviews all across the board vigor /yield /potency .

Great idea though i think african genetics will be a great addition to the old lines .Especially that Kariba ,Damn how i wish i aquired pure stock back when .Im sure that MM x Kariba will hold somthing special .

Amazing news its very exciting to know that you got the blessing an the old cuts are goin to be reversed to make S1's .

I appreciate you thinking of me brother

Keep us posted on your progress

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran

sup brother

She looks sexy

I know you love that Church like me .Hows the taste :biggrin:?

I remember the Bad boy Nevils haze run you had .In that room where some wild sexy ladies . Do you have plans on doin a Nevs hunt again or any new Haze projects ?

1luvbigherb

Yo Sammy

Veteran
As I understand these dutch cuts C5 and A5 are F1 hybrids of Haze C or A and NL5, ok. These aren't different names for the 1 and 122 selections are they?

Can someone explain to me at what point some of these names were applied?

Neville bred many different combos and generations. Some other questions around these older haze hybrids....

what is silver haze?

Was neville trying to make Haze x NL more stable by creating SSH?

Is this A5 cut the one used to make neville's haze?

What was Mist?

The NL5HzC1 & 122 are the two best pheno's found within the NL5HzC line. One of these is C5Hz, if you want to know if its the one or the other, best to ask Nevil if he gets round some day..... He knows for sure. Me thinks that the 122 is the C5 pheno cuase if you read Shanti he claims the 122 produces the mango terpenes. His Nevilles Haze x mango is actually NHx5HzC122.

I think Nev was looking for a shorter flowering but still very potent hazey line when he made the SSH, breeding a skunk into the NL5HzC. This strain is parallel to Jack Herrer which is actually a specific SSH pheno. There are rumors that Amnesia Haze is nothing more then a powerfull SSH pheno or a SSH bx but i cant confirm that tbh.

Nevil never sold NL5xHazeA seeds. Haze male A died to soon. All his NL5xHz commercial seed offers where made using haze male C.

A5 was used as mom for the original NH.
Modern NH lines such as MNS are made with a different 5HzA pheno found out of seed inherited from Nev according to the man himself. Shanti refers to this mom as 5HzA(2). Shanti is the only breeder that had acces to the old nev seed bags. So his NH is closest to the original but tbh the original is far more potent, no disrespect intended.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the amnesia haze is deff a ssh pheno well the most widely available cut anyway

core was passed an amnesia haze cut that was a mislabled ssh cut
he spread the cut about without knowing the mistake and so did others
before anyone knows what happened ssh got remnamed amnesia haze

i also believe the hyprocut to be the ssh or an x of the same pheno at at best

also it is not the really speical cut of ssh they used to sell in greenhoue coffeshop(that cut is lost or guared down south)

i was in amsterdam when soma first dropped the amnesia haze is what more a g13haze male side of things
was very special
real special lemon citrus taste(from g13haze side) not that watered down taste on amnesia haze these days, with a soaring high, no indica present back then
then i believe the cut was lost as next time i come to amsteram(and i go at least 5 times a year was more like 10 times back then) it was replaced by this cut that they call amnesia haze

im really not a fan of the amnesia/ssh cut that goes around
and i love every haze ive ever tried
but this cut is to indica and bland(taste like nutrients even when grown good) compared to any other haze ive grown and ive done the rounds
has a baseball bat to the head stone, not a real creative up high i get with hazes an even haze hybrids

just thught id air my thought on the amnesia cut as alt of people ask me about it

the sideshowbb cut of amnesia haze is the closest to what i rememebr soma dropping the first time i ever smoked amnesia haze

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo sammy i believe this haze cut i got to be 1 of the nl5haze cuts
i believe c5 as its not that nevil pheno i use to smoke its the other pheno citrus/mango whatever you want to call it
i hope to see you in november
also me and a buddy want to make a trip down south in november to check out the hazes for the day and hopefully we can meet up and talk shop

peace

Thanks for taking me to school Sammy!

Do you get mango smells from the C5?

I didn't know that the hazeA x NL5 wasn't released to the public. So for someone to have the A5 cut it must've come from Nevs hands directly.

I'm glad I have nevilles haze x mango and the doors in seed form. To make things more confusing shanti said he bred the male122 to the female nev's haze to make nevilles haze x mango.

This morning I'm smoking La Niña x mangoHZinbred and it's very lemony and has a permagrin buzz.:biggrin:

The NL5HzC1 & 122 are the two best pheno's found within the NL5HzC line. One of these is C5Hz, if you want to know if its the one or the other, best to ask Nevil if he gets round some day..... He knows for sure. Me thinks that the 122 is the C5 pheno cuase if you read Shanti he claims the 122 produces the mango terpenes. His Nevilles Haze x mango is actually NHx5HzC122.

I think Nev was looking for a shorter flowering but still very potent hazey line when he made the SSH, breeding a skunk into the NL5HzC. This strain is parallel to Jack Herrer which is actually a specific SSH pheno. There are rumors that Amnesia Haze is nothing more then a powerfull SSH pheno or a SSH bx but i cant confirm that tbh.

Nevil never sold NL5xHazeA seeds. Haze male A died to soon. All his NL5xHz commercial seed offers where made using haze male C.

A5 was used as mom for the original NH.
Modern NH lines such as MNS are made with a different 5HzA pheno found out of seed inherited from Nev according to the man himself. Shanti refers to this mom as 5HzA(2). Shanti is the only breeder that had acces to the old nev seed bags. So his NH is closest to the original but tbh the original is far more potent, no disrespect intended.

bushweed

Veteran
Karma genetics has A5...
Yo Sammy has C5 and an early Nevil's Hz, Elmer smoked C5 and said it was superb, and the Nevil's was scary strong, not so nice.

May be you guys could advise me, I want to grow 5 meter trees outdoors in the Netherlands next year.
That may seem a bit optimistic, but it is really possible where I live.

In my enthusiasm I already collected NH, SSH, La Nina, JH, BG (of topic :)) and Malawi (Ace and SOA) as main candidates for the job. I would love to hear suggestions what I should grow -on or of my little list- if I want the very best based on the most elite pheno types.

The "Amnesia Haze" we have around here currently comes from a G13/haze cut by the way.

Latest posts

Latest posts