What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A5 & C5, Old school hazes

GlandualFever

How does she taste OJD? And is there any similarity to the Jack cut that goes about our way in N.Lond? The good one!

Peace

Alchemistic

still reading this thread !! its wonderfull !! and i agree about the mexican haze... here in a local coffeshop around the year 2000 they sold mexican haze .. and it is the most powerful hazy strain i have ever seen !! if you lighted the paper the whole room was already filled with haze fumes.... it was a bit yellowish and had an really uniqe taste ... ( i am from the south of holland) i am looking for that strain quite a time now and have mexican haze from several breeders.. hopefully i wil find the pheno i am looking for...

(i will contineu reading now)

still reading this thread !! its wonderfull !! and i agree about the mexican haze... here in a local coffeshop around the year 2000 they sold mexican haze .. and it is the most powerful hazy strain i have ever seen !! if you lighted the paper the whole room was already filled with haze fumes.... it was a bit yellowish and had an really uniqe taste ... ( i am from the south of holland) i am looking for that strain quite a time now and have mexican haze from several breeders.. hopefully i wil find the pheno i am looking for...

(i will contineu reading now)
This one à smoke it before reggae sundance festival .
cyan manage thé high ...after 2000 no more avaible

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The NL5HzC1 & 122 are the two best pheno's found within the NL5HzC line. One of these is C5Hz, if you want to know if its the one or the other, best to ask Nevil if he gets round some day..... He knows for sure. Me thinks that the 122 is the C5 pheno cuase if you read Shanti he claims the 122 produces the mango terpenes. His Nevilles Haze x mango is actually NHx5HzC122.

I think Nev was looking for a shorter flowering but still very potent hazey line when he made the SSH, breeding a skunk into the NL5HzC. This strain is parallel to Jack Herrer which is actually a specific SSH pheno. There are rumors that Amnesia Haze is nothing more then a powerfull SSH pheno or a SSH bx but i cant confirm that tbh.

Nevil never sold NL5xHazeA seeds. Haze male A died to soon. All his NL5xHz commercial seed offers where made using haze male C.

A5 was used as mom for the original NH.
Modern NH lines such as MNS are made with a different 5HzA pheno found out of seed inherited from Nev according to the man himself. Shanti refers to this mom as 5HzA(2). Shanti is the only breeder that had acces to the old nev seed bags. So his NH is closest to the original but tbh the original is far more potent, no disrespect intended.

Nev has said in his postings that there were 2 x A5 cuttings used for breeding work.

He only gave folks who came to him A5 pips as they were the best, He said he was lucky to find 2 that were exceptional as the 'A' cutting was lost before producing commercial seed. He said 1 in 8 plants was above average but when crossed the ratio became 1-16-20 & they were no better.

bennyh

Must be some serious "old guy" to pull 1.7 g - 2.0 g per watt with an old school haze. Anyone ever came across a pure haze that yielded like a Big Bud?

No man, mites do not give up that easily. You will have to fight them all through the grow, mark my words. You will have to stock up on repellants and miticides, preferably low toxic, biological ones, that you can use through flower. Neem oil, red chilli tea, garlic tea, Brimex, treat them twice a week until 3-1 week before harvest...
A thick and lush canopy is to a certain extent a good protection against mites, because the more foliage, the higher the air humidity. You should keep the Rh rather high, between 60%-80%, because of the mites. Mites in a SCROG is a bitch, because of all the dead angles where you can't treat.

Apart from that, a really nice set-up. I'll follow this one with interest!
Dr shimmels kills mites and larvae dead it’s systemic so it stays in the plant for about 3 weeks. Only thing I’ve found to stop mites dead

browntrout

Veteran
A5 x Guerilla gold #2. This was the standout from the beginning in about 30 females, a little later then rest and leaves like mom. Much louder terps and much hazier then the rest. She’s got F2 seeds in her and was moved from Guerilla patch to a shaded greenhouse.

Smells strongly of flower petals and musky/musty basement Haze, slight touch of old pine box, no sweetness whatsoever. It’s much stronger smelling then the mom without any GG2 influence except structure and earlier finishing, also much more mold resistant. She showed some intersex traits on the new flowers, go figure.

How did the original A5 smelled in comparison I wonder?

ACD15441-BC18-485E-A105-8DB5046D6A4A.jpeg

Attachments

• 212EC8E4-F874-4859-BBFC-26EE94848589.jpeg
    212EC8E4-F874-4859-BBFC-26EE94848589.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 971805EE-E0A4-4AB1-B6C8-5D1F7944AB01.jpeg
    971805EE-E0A4-4AB1-B6C8-5D1F7944AB01.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31