What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

Change up:

Change up:

Messing around with the Fuck Show Project in the vegetative stages. I'm blending Clear Barbed Funk's : Katsu Bubba X Ghost OG into my Hell Hound (Kush)

Hell Hound (Kush) since I'm using plants from the SFV x Ghost X Ghost females this round. I'm not going into the Hell Hound make up and/or variation due to the blended pollen....it's well documented in this thread.

A look at the Hell Hound (Kush) donor plants...I kept 2 males...they are off to the right end...2-3 O'clock (in smaller containers). These plants are at different ages...as much as 3wks apart...but...you can see the influences of Odessa in some of them...they for sure look like they caught some of the Odessa dust out of the blend...the others look more like they caught the SFV x Ghost X Ghost dust (this would actually make them IX1s then)...anyway....these are pretty wild...the bigger ones have been topped

Here's the Bubba X Ghost.....all these are females in 1.7 gal squares...slow slow slow sloooooooowwwww....pretty much a uniform crop. I saved 3 males (not pictured) but am now wondering if I even want to incross these girls. I'd rather escape the slowness as quickly as possible....and feel that...for my style/likings...it's in my best interest just to make the outcross to the Hell Hound.

For now...I'll save the Bubba X Ghost males and use them in the outcross...so....I can have both Hell Hound X Bubba x Ghost and Bubba x Ghost X Hell Hound. It is difficult lining this all up...with one line being so much quicker than the other line. Tricky.

You must have patience with Bubba Kush crosses in veg. I'll say here: That's just not my preference....I like speed in all stages. I'm not interested in flowering 100 day plant expressions nor vegging plants for a lengthy time. Call it how you see it....I desire "quick and to the point" plant expressions. A lot of slow vegging plants are quick in flower (make up time that way)...but I still prefer quicker paced gardening...understand though...that sometimes you must sit back and watch the grass grow

Being how I am....being that I love Bubba Kush...I must keep expanding on the modifications CBF has already made by using the Ghost. Is it quicker for me to find happiness via incrossing the line or is it quicker to add additional attributes (speed being just one of them) via outcrossing? Further outcrossing is my answer....keep washing the Bubba a little bit more...find a blended expression that suits my vision. I'm not looking for another Bubba Kush...only want to ask some things from her. To get there...I need to put in the time

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

None of those stout indica types are quick in veg seems like...not going to be topping them...that's something I'm pretty sure of.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im bummed i never got to see my camelot kush in flower,( bubbah x c99) it was seriously bubbah leaning,had nodes like crazy,i had stripped the bottom half of the plant and i bet i took 24 branches off in the space of a foot....and there were probably still that many branches left!

T

THE PABLOS

These heavy indicas always trip me out. I love the determined attitude that they have...determined to grow how they want to grow. I think the Bubbas and the Deep Chunks of the world are very dominant plants. It seems that once you are into them....they stick around.

I've never grown straight Bubba...smoked it...but never have grown any of the cuts. I'm generally not interested in real slow squat indicas...but there are nice flavors and highs in some of those types.
I'm looking for a good ride...rolling hills...it's a very chill grow. Taking the needed time....to get them just so.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its funny,i of course love sativas,and time after time i have watched people hone right in on the indica buds,just because they are chunkier,have more "bag appeal"...

T

THE PABLOS

Fucking around with this MVTF X GK...

Fucking around with this MVTF X GK...

Turning over pretty quick at day 40ish. Already in flush...I pulled her from the outskirts of the township HPS lights (on the edge of the light footprint of two separate moving lights)....and placed her under a 400 MH for a few hrs....while...I replaced an old mover with a brand new mover.

***switched out all my bulbs the other day...I run light movers until they start getting loud...replace as needed. Movers last a long time...great performers

*still have not added gas.

....what the fuck? The pictures show how quick and thick these MVTF X GK are turning out to be...I applaud this

Smells pretty damn good...I'd say like a musky grape...maybe sweet...but more a musk.

I'm pruning for light exposure on flowers...seems to be fading steady....every morning I find more expended material. Maybe this girl goes to 50...I'd not say much more though. Out of the 3 sisters...2 are in flush...with the biggest of them...about to start tomorrow.

T

THE PABLOS

Another picture with the exposure reduced

Another picture with the exposure reduced

T

THE PABLOS

oh yeah...absolutely dude. The pit has been filled in with leaves/garden soil from a veggie bed/oak ash and kitchen/indoor garden compost added daily.....I'm cooking it for the spring garden season. I ordered a shit load of new veggie genetics yesterday.

I garden profusely....perpetually....nonstop. My landscape changes with each season....what once housed canna plants...now houses worms...until spring...then I pit it out...

We are in full winter mode....I'm about to go out and get a nice 15 miler out of my system...I'll be running in rain/cold...winter. We've had snow already.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just played pack mule,two grocery store trips,think i got it out of my system for the next couple hours! got to tear down my rear wheel and re-pack the bearings,it takes 8-9 tools just to take it all apart,lucky i was able to trade a slab of hash for a set of cone wrenches,saved me a few ducats anyway...by this next weekend i think i will have swapped out and upgraded all but 3-4 of the original components,on my third set of wheels,wore through two sets of rims already.....makes me wonder how many thousands of miles i have ridden this bike....im sure i must have cracked 10,000 long ago,indeed im sure i have ridden it "around the world" at least once by now...getting ready to crack some seeds....

T

THE PABLOS

....got my run in. A misty mountain hop....soaking wet the whole way...rubbed some nipple off...chafed the pits. I'm all tranquil now...endorphins flowing in a steady wave. The trails were good to me...my legs were strong...organic locomotion in a mostly pure form.

I found a happy medium in trail shoes...the happy medium between minimalist (the Merrell Barefoot Glove) I had been training in for the last 6 months....and a traditional padded shoe.

I'm training in the Merrell water shoe..not even designed to run trails in...but they are without much arch and possess the perfect amount of sole padding/stability/feel. I mean perfect. I've been beating the shit out of them...but..they are tough as hell. I still can feel the rocks...yes...but they don't cripple me near as often. Not only that...they also are made of a free breathing mesh...open to air and to flush out water. Totally stoked on them...got'em on sale at REI for $60 a while back.

They are now my main shoe...though I switch back to the Barefoot Gloves for some trails. Shoe rotation is a good idea imo....just like trail rotations....speed training...distance training...mixing it up...also added in some paved roads. Always always always hill training...I never run flats for long...they are nonexistent here. Hills are where it's at...make or break you. Hills make you strong.....hills hurt up and down on trails...beat your core all the way.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
dude, you are my inspiration. i love hearing about your training. what do you usually take with you on 15mile jaunts throught the mtns?

love your style with cannabis and your outlook on life brahlorado!

T

THE PABLOS

dude, you are my inspiration. i love hearing about your training. what do you usually take with you on 15mile jaunts throught the mtns?

love your style with cannabis and your outlook on life brahlorado!

Yesterday...40 some wet degrees...colder as the elevation went up: wore a Pantagonia capilene top with a beat-up-button-up-standard -used-flannel shirt...caplilene beanie....gloves...very short (1 1/2" inseam) RaceReady shorts....compression leggys on the calfs...toe socks...shoes...belt with 64oz of water (used less than 1/2 of that...it's not hot out)....some bandannas in case...well...bandannas have many purposes.

I haven't been using any gels/bars etc lately...like all summer I didn't use them...I need to get back on designing my own energy stuff. I've been thinking about it again. Right now...when I'm done with anything beyond 15 miles....I'm starving...battling sugar drops/energy drops on long difficult runs is just one of those aspects of the game. I need to consume mass calories after a run. Often...the last few miles of a run are a mind fuck of food cravings.

Training like I am now...I'm attempting to go further/harder on less.

Running is where I am most uncontrolled...I do it however I want...no rules except my own. You can seriously travel via running...I consider it my form of yoga...meditation. I can disappear for hours at a time.

budman678

Veteran
what is your diet? how do you eat? how often do you go on these runs?

reason i ask, i love learning about this type of endurance/trance runs. get in the zone.

T

THE PABLOS

what is your diet? how do you eat? how often do you go on these runs?

reason i ask, i love learning about this type of endurance/trance runs. get in the zone.

I'm mostly veggie (some fish/eggs/dairy)...keep a crock pot of pinto beans going at all times.

Currently running a minimum of 30 miles a week....often much more...depends on my time...3-5 days a week. A 30 mile week sometimes is only 2 runs. I have no schedule or mileage goals. Sometimes I wear a watch...sometimes not. Running backcountry Southern California high desert mountains.

I run how I feel...or how I don't feel...doesn't really matter anymore. I'm consistently having decent days....rarely have bad days on the trails. I don't get pissed if I'm going slow...but....make efforts to unfuck myself out of it....as most the time...it is my unconnected mind making it worse than it has to be. Minds panic...in fact...panic only happens in the mind. Minds will talk you down...hurt you when you are already hurting. I've found very little good in listening to the ego driven mind...especially out on the trails. No freedom there.

I collect myself through breathing exercises...breathing is everything. If you can center in on breathing....life gets present. I focus on flowing over the terrain...finding the patterns that exist for less resistance...performing smoothly. Escaping the mind...escaping even a wandering mind....focused only on the present experience...no reasoning or planning...or memory of the last hill.

Believe me though....I struggle...it's painful sometimes. Staying in the flow takes a lot of strength and practice. It is a meditation....I get torn down more than I stay in the flow...but I keep getting in there for longer. There are definite progressions. I've been training for some years now though...it isn't overnight. A long term/all the time thing. Running is as raw as it gets....old skool ways in locomotion...the basics...

budman678

Veteran
cockpots are some of the greatest things ever. always must ave a crockpot on low. roasting whatever deliciousness you happen to stuff inside