What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

dtc99 does well topped....it does like to zoom out of control if you let it,but a good topping or two and a solid pruning before flowering to get rid of suckers will go a long way to keeping them in control...

...Pretty much what I'm seeing. Most of them have been heavily defoliated a couple/few Xs. Works similar to topping most of the time.

****The DTC99 beans are in the F4. CHACO did the inline work....selected toward the Thai side of spectrum. I totally trust C in his skill set....he gave me good background on the beans....advised me there is a history of intersex etc.....kind of what to expect. CHACO is obviously a capable grower/breeder...helped me out big time for this exact project. I thank him again. Much respect for CHACO.

I'm in such a fight in the flower studio....overgrown with mushroomed/stretchy plants.....the ages not so staggered...I kind of fucked myself. I'm doing what I can now...in veg....to set up for the DTC99/Tweedy/Odessa section. That has even more potential to fuck me up when it comes flowering time. My rotation is slow at the moment....vegging plants are getting big....they won't be able to flower for many weeks. It is a potential disaster. I'm doing my best to organize/manage/mitigate the situation.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i guess DG's dtc99 are f2's? yeah,that makes sense,they came from original brothers grimm stock and were done as a preservation project so i dont know if she had any particular bias in her selections,i know the male is a serious stud monster.the cut i was growing was i thought very thai leaning but was finished in 10 weeks,which i thought for such a fine sativa was pretty good,last round the two plants produced a hair under 6 oz but they spent the bulk of their time under the 400w lamp,might have been a different story under the 1000w..they would have taken over the garden then...

T

THE PABLOS

Running the pit...'til it will run no more

Running the pit...'til it will run no more

Weather has been favorable....a few days of T-Cell threats, but no hail storms/anything else gone crazy.

Recovering Revolver....day 52....she lost chunks of nug to the hail balls (as you may recall)....really shot to pieces...a real live Bonnie Parker.

Revolver= Chem DDIX1 X I-HOP Grape Krush

I-HOP GK= S'Creme'n Dawg F2 X Grape Krush

If you look in the pix....you can see where chunks of shit are blown out of her....still....she is a mean girl at putting out the resin.

A look....again....at the hail beat BB phenotype of Manzana Bramble...day 64...foxing out her tails...pushing them out of wounded meat....her buds (like the Revolver) previously having been minced to shit by hail balls. You can see here Blueberry(ness) very easily.

Manzana Bramble= Ma Kettle X I-HOP GK

I-HOP GK= S'Creme'n Dawg F2 X Grape Krush

Ma Kettle= Casey Jones x Grape Krush

This is the other Bramble I have. She is at day 52...and was put out in the pit about 4 or 5 days ago....never beaten up by weather. I don't see her leaning to the Blues....looks similar to the Casey Jones mom I used to make Ma Kettle...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Prudence Highland= Querkle X TFlux Highland

TFlux Highland= Flo x Chem DD X Highland Mex x Blueberry

picture.php

Great blend there, Pablos. Who woulda thunk to mix all that up? I was just about to ask you what the Prudence Highland lineage was, glad I read that whole post first. ;)

T

THE PABLOS

really getting some nice color...

Cooler nights....still getting hot days though. This pit is a lot of fun/very productive. I like doing the indoor to outdoor thingy...the plants don't freak at all....takes them about a week to start looking like outdoor plants...their green changes shades. Look more real...less pampered.

I prefer removing them from the indoor environment....roughly...1/2 way through flower (about when I start blasting Phosphorous). That gives them all the lumens/spectrums when they are flower stacking. I'm not sure how much more yield I get....but....they do come in a bit heavier.

As long as the weather holds.....I'll keep rotating plants through the pit. I'd be a fool not to.....

T

THE PABLOS

Great blend there, Pablos. Who woulda thunk to mix all that up? I was just about to ask you what the Prudence Highland lineage was, glad I read that whole post first. ;)

I harvested that thing at 76 days....smoked a couple dry-but-no-cure joints of her: Yes....yuppers...very nice and fruity....also...very distinctive Highland Mex aroma/flavor. The Highland undertones a more berry/grape flavor. If you have smoked Chimera's Highland Mex X BB...you would recognize her in the Prudence Highland. I wish i could share some with y'all....especially the Highland fans....I'm very pleased with the cross....will be working it further.

Thanks for dropping by ras.....I haven't had time to be on here lately...kind of in and out

G

guest121295

Did I hear SCreme n' Dawg f2?? I need to go back and read that, maybe I have some of those in my fridge?? I need to go down in the cellar and look, what a plant, it must make a glorious mix up....Ah, my running career is ended, now I'm looking for a walking stick...I can still walk just fine but I smashed my hip in the pool skating, showing the kids how "old school" the old man was...I'm a pretty good pool skater but all of a sudden I was upside down and my hip joint is swollen like a tennis ball, I managed to scrape off most of my toenails in the same move..Ah yes, it's safer in the growroom.:) Edit, ah I see it's crossed with the Grape krush, that must really stink.

T

THE PABLOS

Did I hear SCreme n' Dawg f2?? I need to go back and read that, maybe I have some of those in my fridge?? I need to go down in the cellar and look, what a plant, it must make a glorious mix up....Ah, my running career is ended, now I'm looking for a walking stick...I can still walk just fine but I smashed my hip in the pool skating, showing the kids how "old school" the old man was...I'm a pretty good pool skater but all of a sudden I was upside down and my hip joint is swollen like a tennis ball, I managed to scrape off most of my toenails in the same move..Ah yes, it's safer in the growroom.:) Edit, ah I see it's crossed with the Grape krush, that must really stink.

Pools will wreck you. Even in our 40's now...I still have friends that hunt down and rip pools. I'm more a hill bombing surf/slide skater....used to have a ramp here...but took it apart....gave it away to young groms. Grow rooms are definitely safer....most anything is....compared to dropping in on vert concrete....or even plywood/skatelite.

Yup...S'Creme 'n Dawg F2s (I think I used 3 or 4 females) were crossed to Blue Satellite 2.2, Grape Krush, and Highend F2 males to create the I-HOP pools. Separate pollinations....I didn't blend the pollen for those...made it specific.

The S'Creme crossed to Chem D is an awesome line to take. I've never been unhappy with anything CBF does. Currently vegging up Bubba Kush X Ghost OG that he made. Going to cross that into my Hell Hound project (which has the same Ghost in it), and go from there....trying to find a useful/productive way for letting Bubba Kush in my garden.

If CBF ever offers up the S'Creme 'n Dawgs again....I'd recommend peeps jumping on them. I'd like to get some more myself. Excellent cross...excellent plants.

G

guest121295

Well I gave up skating at least 20 yrs ago and took to snowboarding but now my kids are into it so over the last month I've been hitting the park with them.I end up winding myself up and wiping out, it's just so boring around here.I need a daredevil outlet so the skating is taking that role.We have a badass park in my town but I think the kids like me to come with them because they're just learning and don't want to be heckled by the other kids..I ran back to my truck and chuffed a quick spliff and came into the bowl with horns on my head, now I can hardly sit down...:)It's a good workout too.That was a great idea crossing out that SCreme n Dawg to all those others, I can only imagine what will come of it...

T

THE PABLOS

Skate or Die

Skate or Die

Yeah dude.....I have a pretty extensive skate collection. My garage and walls are decked out. I ride anything from modern mini boards to longboards. I'm a loyal pig rider....I like big planks....Bulldog Skates are among my favorite retro and modern decks. I have many pig riders and wall boards. I collect many for the sake of art.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's a trim day....I'm home....I've been going hard on various real world endeavors/bringing home the bacon etc....anyway...I'm procrastinating with this update.....wow....sure y'all are excited lol....

Conglom= Ace's Congo X Grape Krush

I think I told you guys that I was flowering 4 Congloms....and that would be the reality. The girl I'm showing today is at day 46. I took her from the indoors and placed her in the outdoor pit this morning. She is going from her indoor day cycle into the outdoor day cycle....no dark break until tonight. It doesn't bother them to do this...at least I have not had any freak out.

This bitch stinks the high heavens...smells like sweet chewing gum (not bubblegum...more like juicy fruit gum)...almost identical to the Congo mother aroma...distinct....if you have grown Congo you'd recognize the aroma.

Look here:

See those seed developing? On some flowers...you will find a bean. Only my Congloms are doing this....none of my other crosses. I have seen no nanners/there have been no pollinations nor drifting pollen. I've seen this before....it's a Congo trait. I don't know how it works....but...just like that....I find this kind of stuff. Just a bean or two. Of no concern unless I start seeing vast amounts developing.

Kudos to Ace for working with Congo....it's unique stuff with some great attributes. It's different from most anything else you will come across...at least in the states. I would not call Ace's version of Congo a stable indoor plant. They have worked the hell out of it, and have it semi indoor trained....close enough for me to play around with...but you need to be ready for tricks even in outcrosses. I'm coming up on the witching hour....past 50 days flower....I pay full attention to Congo hybrids./////////////////////////////////////////////

Cindy Moon Jones= Short's Blue Moonshine X Cindy Jones

Cindy Jones= Casey Jones X C99BX

I'll show you the 2 that are farthest along....day 53...I've had immense problems keeping them under the lights. I've bent them repeatedly....mushroomed the canopy...tied/trained/crushed etc etc...fucking hell to work with in my set up.

Mutated branch's flower (some branches are mutants...some aren't)

Regular branch's flower (note the color of the branch)

Blue Moonshine dominant all day.....humming along....probably 70 day expressions. I've seen these expressions sooooooooo many Xs now. Not my favorites....but.....still very nice smoke.

Ok....I need to go trim some flowers. Thanks for your time and views.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Killer....

Killer....

This shit right here....this shit....is some great smelling shit....this shit right here....is a HUGE pain in the ass to control.

Wipe Out= Mikado X I-HOP Grape Krush

I-HOP Grape Krush= S'Creme 'n Dawg F2 X Grape Krush

These 2 Wipe Outs are at days 42 and 47....a complete nightmare for me in my set up.....but....my gawd....I love these girls deeply. The aroma is insane...they out stank everything they are running with...hands down...

These plants have put me through hell...they have been through hell themselves (flowered at a time when my flower studio was running very hot and the White Fly in epidemic proportions)....and are still shining. I'm hoping to pull this grow off with a decent end result..a battle it has been.

I want to rant....go off for a moment about Mikado and Federation Seed Company:

1. I'm giving Federation props. I've only finished exactly 1,uno,one Mikado....but....because of what I found in that single plant...and because I felt kinship to her....I now feel kinship to Federation. That's just how I am...how my loyalty operates.

2. I've read how Federation were a bunch of "hacks"....knocking off other peeps work.....and....I call bullshit on that. I won't hear it. We all build on the backs of others....I'm not sure they were hiding or deliberately being confusing. I think they were a of couple dudes with access to some nice genetics in a land of plentiful genetics.

3. I'm unsure exactly what Mikado is/was....I've heard various tales...but believe it to be based on the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone....whether an attempt at backcrossing or whether a deliberate outcross....I don't know or care.

4. After reading the description of Mikado....I can say...my girl was not fitting of the description. The Wipe Out outcross of her....looks much like her....kind of lanky/flimsy. She did not seem like an indica dominant to me. I smelled nothing grapefruit in her or her outcross. I admit...sometimes I think there was a bean mix up...but...I don't really even care....she was what she was.

5. All politics aside....it's about the plants you objectively find. Forget names, pedigrees, stories you are told....it's about what grows in front of your own eyes. I can objectively state: I loved the smoke from my Mikado girl...

6. As I previously exposed: I'm hunting all things Federation. I'm looking for the fabled Raspberry phenotype Mikado to cross back into my Wipe Out....I'm looking for all things Romulan....all things Haw Sativa...in particular...

7. I've heard there was a difference between "old" federation beans and the "newer" Federation beans....I'll take that with a grain of salt...but...whatever....I'd be happy to test that theory out. I have no idea how old the beans of Mikado I germed were....probably 5yrs old or so....I'm guessing. Not ancient seeds.

****If you are a Federation fan....if you are working with any of their genetics...even outcrosses...feel free to show up and have a word with me. I'll thank you for the consideration.

T

THE PABLOS

Harsh realities in the P.P.P.

Harsh realities in the P.P.P.

I murdered two Cindy Moon Jones plants (girls that I have not previously shown).....I killed them at days 35 and 49 of flower. I killed them because the 49 yr old was throwing mass amounts of nanners down low (most likely not enough light down low), and I killed them both because I have so much distaste for the flower expression they were exhibiting.

It is a Blueberry expression that I've found many Xs....in many crosses (made by myself...and commercial ones as well)....and...all of the CMJs turned out leaning that way...for the most part....mutation branches aside. The structure just irritates the piss out of me....makes me not want to even smoke it. Like some food you just can't stomach the flavor or texture of.

The 35 day girl...started out as my favorite....with promise. It took me until this stage to see her for what she truly was. It's not like I have a crystal ball....these throw me off all the time....announcing themselves so late. I am now...absolutely...just putting my foot down....fuck these things...I'll not tolerate.

The 49 dayer.....I could have removed all the bottom nanner limbs and got her through....but I took the nanners as a final straw. We won't stand for this aggression man. Generally... nanners are not a case that demands execution....but....it made me realize my mistake in letting expressions like this stick around into the later rounds.

No more. I know better...I was not being objective enough. I let cost and time dictate more than they should have a right to.

I looked at these girls and ignored my gut feeling...the gut feeling I've been having with all 4 CMJs....I simply do not like them...they are no fun...not interesting...not that quality. I'm growing shit I don't like....that's against my principles. That being said....I still kept the 2 mutated bitches because they are already in flush....get something out of the run.