What's new

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

SFV x Ghost X Ghost....few at day 44...2 of which are partially pollinated for the Hell Hound thingy....pretty much uniform. No problems at all....

Some fresh trim shots of SFV x Ghost X Ghost taken at days 67 (the only phenotype that smells like lemon/lime) and 60....these are the 1st I've harvested.

Prudence Highland= Querkle X TFlux Highland

TFlux Highland= Flo x Chem DD X Highland Mex x BB

Day 28....shaping up nicely....smells like Wheat Grass juice....fucking around with those kind of genetics....keep fucking around.

This game I play with Chimera's Highland Mex X BB.....I like the strength of structure in the Mexican. I have watered it down for most every other indoor cultivation reason....yet....I see that Mexican branching and leaf making power.

Sounds like a crazy cross to outsiders I'd imagine. Sounds like some spur of the moment creation....yet I tell you....it is not. I actually put some serious observation into making this tape. The Querkle I used for the mom....same mom that made Prune Juice....was a PU leaner. I used her because she is loyal to coming back out.....as was the Flo I used to make TFlux (and then crossed the Tflux to the High Mex...naturally...you see...a couple steps away from the ever showing Flo)????????? Yes.....a bit more work on the pop side

Dear Prudence has produced well for me....her beans are very useful. Prudence was the name of the Querkle mom. She is well documented in at least one thread.

T

THE PABLOS

crazy color on those buds....

They look close to real life....maybe a bit orange...but no....pretty close. I'll take pix after they dry in different light...light was coming through a skylight onto a Juice Magazine. I don't mess with settings much...point and shoot Cannon. I sure don't try to take quality pix...lol...I decided that it's not for me. No flipping through a 100 pix to find a keeper....point and shoot...call it good.

T

THE PABLOS

wait,is the prudence the same mom for prune juice?

Affirm Ghost rider. The Prune Juice mom was a replica of Prudence actually. I love the possible confusion....but Prune Juice came from Prudence....and she (Prudence) mothered Prudence Highland....and maybe that is all she ever did....but it is plenty I'm feeling.

I took this picture in evening light of those OG buds...I was burned on trimming and called it quits. I'm a slow trimmer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was just told i was pretty fast at trimming during the last trim job i went to,i have no idea what my time per pound is,but it always seems to take 25 hours or so....i get pretty lazy about my own trimming tho,partly because lights on is somewhat late in my day,last thing i want to do is be up trimming all night...

T

THE PABLOS

Work in progress

Work in progress

Cindy Moon Jones = Blue Moonshine X Cindy Jones

The 2 semi mutant males....in exile...close to pollen drop (if it's going to happen)

T

THE PABLOS

Cleveland Sage (blueberry sativa phenotype)

Cleveland Sage (blueberry sativa phenotype)

Cleveland Sage= Prune Juice X Hummingbird

Hummingbird= Kali Mist x Chem D Kush X Grape Krush

Prune Juice=Querkle X Grape Krush

***Reminder: This plant was removed from flowering indoors and brought to the outdoor pit in her mid 40s....1.7gal square of coco and fed the normal salt regiment.

She is now at day 70....I'm still feeding her bloom mix (Kool Bloom powder and regular GH Bloom and a touch of Silica) and she is still plumping up nicely.

One can not complain about this expression....there is nothing I don't like about her. Her appeal is in her lack of assumption....she just IS and goes about herself with little regard for what I claim her to be. She does not seem aggressive nor to desire much attention....a very chilled out girl.

Her character...by my guess...will transfer to her smoke. I'm expecting a mellow heady sativa high....she may well be of the "creeper" type head. I'm not expecting a knock down heavy high and will be shocked if she is super potent in that way.

I think I predicted...some ways back...that she would be done around 80-85....I'll now bump that up to 90ish...depending on how long I flush her and any environmental factors. I'd like a 10-14 day flush...but it can be hard to push potted plants in the heat. I'm considering a reveg as I would like to get some pollen on her.... connect her into my Highlands somehow. But...fuck...I might not want to deal with a reveg. Depends on my mood...

T

THE PABLOS

revegs are right up there with trimming in my book.... hate it! lol

Me too....I've ended up shit canning all of them...they bother me (slow). I'm trimming all afternoon...so...I'm fucked there as well. I'm slow (speaking of slow) as molasses....with DVD documentaries on the TV...getting my background brainwashing. I'm procrastinating....I'll post up some trim shots here in a bit....laters

T

THE PABLOS

Break time

Break time

Odessa= Casey Jones X Cindy Jones

Cindy Jones= Casey Jones X C99BX

Some tops....this is that expression that I dubbed the "Casey" phenotype as she represents what is a pretty typical/most common phenotype you will find in a sack of Casey Jones beans. I see pix of these all over the Casey Jones threads and though they yield well of good smoke...they are not the best phenotypes imo.

Not my favorite expression...but nothing to bitch about either.....she did start to put out nanners in her last couple days giving me an excuse to chop her out of my way at day 65. Not really a stench plant...has a fruit funk aroma and ample resin production that sticks up the scissors...flowers are fairly dense but not tight rocks...there are lots of flowers on her that are usable but the lowers will go to hash. I could have tweezer(ed) off the nanners and kept her going but I wasn't interested....if she wants to bitch...I'll chop her ass...space is of a premium.

I've seen this plant expression several Xs now in several outcrosses...and though she is partially pollinated for the Hell Hounds...I'll not choose to use her beans. Not a bad plant....but not what I want to work with for the Hell Hound project.

pablos that last post is right on..........and excatly what I found when I ran the casey f2's .....I ran her for about 6 months and I really liked the plant. smelled just like sweet blueberrys, yeilded fairly well.......but the buds were only medium density and would flop all over the place.constant maintenance....dried buds looked like yours I chose not to pollinate her with the dj blueberry pollen from 3 males allthough I will admit looking back I should have.....
I wound up being very unsatisfied with any dj blueberry female Ive come across in the f1 or f2 generation......so Ill keep looking but my blueberry project is on a back burner for now.......Ive gotta concentrate on making a more stout Sour diesel plant......I dont expect it should be very hard or take very long seeing as Rez has done most of the work......And I found the male pretty quick.........It's gotta be short Its gotta be sour and It's gotta be a tad less sensitive........Then Ill get back to trying to find my perfect blueberry plant......I want to know more of the Hell Hounds project If you could tell me what pages to browse Ill look a little now and I know I like the name and I know you've been talking about them now I wanna know more.......

T

THE PABLOS

pablos that last post is right on..........and excatly what I found when I ran the casey f2's .....I ran her for about 6 months and I really liked the plant. smelled just like sweet blueberrys, yeilded fairly well.......but the buds were only medium density and would flop all over the place.constant maintenance....dried buds looked like yours I chose not to pollinate her with the dj blueberry pollen from 3 males allthough I will admit looking back I should have.....
I wound up being very unsatisfied with any dj blueberry female Ive come across in the f1 or f2 generation......so Ill keep looking but my blueberry project is on a back burner for now.......Ive gotta concentrate on making a more stout Sour diesel plant......I dont expect it should be very hard or take very long seeing as Rez has done most of the work......And I found the male pretty quick.........It's gotta be short Its gotta be sour and It's gotta be a tad less sensitive........Then Ill get back to trying to find my perfect blueberry plant......I want to know more of the Hell Hounds project If you could tell me what pages to browse Ill look a little now and I know I like the name and I know you've been talking about them now I wanna know more.......

A quick overview of the Hell Hound project:

Using ClearBarbedFunk's OG Kush work SFV x Ghost X Ghost and my Odessa IX1s

Blended the pollen and hit 4 Odessa (2 of which I'll use the beans from as they are more to my liking) and....I'm not even sure....but at least 6 different Kush females.

Very basically....I've mixed Odessa into OG Kush....but as the pollen was blended....some will be Odessa IX2, Kush IX1, or the actual outcross. I'm past the point of caring about exactness. As long as I put good mixers into the marinade.....good things will happen is my conclusion when it comes to breeding.

Peeps make it more difficult than it has to be by trying to be precise in a not precise world. I don't believe in IBLs for this reason....there is no precision in genetics. Variables, %s, and #s is all it is....piss in the wind. Whether you end up pissing with the wind or in it and all over yourself is your only real option.

I don't BX because I don't keep anything to BX to....but I don't think it is all that difficult to find what I'm looking for just by sifting down generations and outcrossing in compatible ways. I'm a private dude...with no illusions of making anyone happy and no goals of doing so either.

I don't know any more or less than 1/2 the contemporary breeders on here....we've all read the same books it seems. Some are more witty....some more connected....some are more talented....some more worshipped....some more pompous...some more educated etc etc....but all are doing about the same exact thing. There are few stand outs in the commercial market. Privately....well....who knows? Who bred the Chem lines for instance? Bagseed comes from somewhere....

I'm not stable.....I'm accepting of chaos....plant expressions will reflect this condition and that I find interesting. It's wind driven pilgrims

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

"Flimsy" harvest day 66

"Flimsy" harvest day 66

The other Odessa phenotype whose beans I will NOT be using in the progression of the Hell Hound project.

This is what she looked like after I spent 5 minutes removing all that held her up.

Who in the hell would prefer to grow a weak structured Trainwreck phenotype? I don't care if the final product is the queen of queens...the structure sucks and I can't progress in that direction. Manicuring this sort also sucks....gummy(ed) thin leaves curled into spongey resin coated buds....you need the needle nose scissors and a cup of rubbing alcohol to slowly pick your way through.

All bad P?

"Nah...no way. These flowers smell funky, skunky, and kind of like piss....the aroma is complex and seemed to change through flower. She will be really nice smoke. I'm looking forward to smoking a few fat joints of her in the near future. No nanners...not a great yielder but that's ok....other than structure she is a nice girl to take home."

As she is....maybe if I could have her outside tied to a fence to hold her off the ground letting her creep in and out of the fence like the vine she wants to be....I would be into her more. Indoors and in a tight/height restricted area....no thanks.

EDIT: I have grown several plants of this expression. Not my 1st go around by any means. I am getting more disciplined at staying clear of this kind of structure....one of the reasons I don't try to grow much Haze related stuff any longer. If have them in hybrids I can pick my way through them...but...sometimes they will slip by. Anything over 70 days in flower is not desirable either. I do make exceptions for certain projects and particular expressions. It is important to the health of my garden not to get caught up in plants that I can not succeed with....that the amount of space and the amount of lumens can't do justice for. I can only push so hard before it becomes no fun and retarded.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

Runting around in the pit

Runting around in the pit

Yuppers....the SFV x Ghost X Ghost "runt" is starting to get off pretty nicely now....she is dwarfing the BBS pheno Cleveland Sage. Amazing what lumens will do for you.

My theory on PPMs.....the more the lumens the stronger you can feed. Though I rarely check PPM or PH any longer I am eye balling stronger feed to the "runt"....feeding in the pre dawn as well as in the late afternoon. She is week 3ish-4ish...hard to say really...but somewhere in that time frame. I'm hitting her with powder already and about everything else...with no complaints or signs of overdose.

....takes mostly full sun and hot temps (90s) without any complaints and last nights temps were sub 50. Temp swings thus far have had no ill effects that I can observe.

I'd like to pull a 1/2 # off her....I think that is reasonable....if it's more: bonus....if it's less: O well. I'm talking grade A buds...not with all the B's and larf. Strictly A's