What's new

A World On A String

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Howzit, Thanks, im a bit younger than you, but my lower back is playing up. A little bit of sciatica. The strain my back is subjected too is inevitable... Im finding that I need to train, something iv managed to get by without doing previously.
Sleep has being a constant problem, currently drinking 2 tins of light beer[4%] every evening, can fall asleep... but dont stay asleep the entire night. I understand the importance of proper rest....
Whats your daily water consumption like? I do consume lots of glucose rich honey[lots].... do you just drink syrup? lol
No... I have not heard to band Sleep...
get a bike,i have a bad back too and still manage 1000k of riding each month at 57yo

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
63E24589-0B74-4436-80E1-3A4C0CFE719F.jpeg

F2EB4D38-C12D-4378-873D-D59E5386B21C.jpeg
DE2141BB-CA23-4963-9DBD-C678DD3AD724.jpeg

^ So pleased to see this expression showing up. Sister #17 is heavy in the Chem DD …and an absolute beauty. This would be coming out of the Mox Mox mom (Eazy) of the genetics. Bitchin’

Mox Mox = Chem DD (Deliah) X TFlux

TFlux = Original Flo X Chem DD

7725371D-7C3F-4BDD-9850-62A96E7A87FE.jpeg

^ Sister #23….unfolding. This girl is on a longer road. Not sure what she’s going to be yet…I don’t recognize her this early on. Powering out though. She gets a lot of attention.

0FE1B773-6F3B-4613-B005-C1C9269347B0.jpeg

^ Nice little late sun picture

* Tomorrow I’ll start staying down on the ranch…stay with the grow. Stay with it until harvests are over.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Howzit, Thanks, im a bit younger than you, but my lower back is playing up. A little bit of sciatica. The strain my back is subjected too is inevitable... Im finding that I need to train, something iv managed to get by without doing previously.
Sleep has being a constant problem, currently drinking 2 tins of light beer[4%] every evening, can fall asleep... but dont stay asleep the entire night. I understand the importance of proper rest....
Whats your daily water consumption like? I do consume lots of glucose rich honey[lots].... do you just drink syrup? lol
No... I have not heard to band Sleep...
I drink a lot of water..and I keep a glass of salted water (Himalayan pink) filled at all times…little sips. I generally carry at least 40 oz of water on the runs. Depending on temps and distances. Salt caps on runs. I would not recommend all the salt unless you are depleting a lot of salt consistently.

The agave and maple syrup I use in lieu of cane sugar. Generally in coffee and tea. Coffee (quality) in the morning…tea after runs. Nothing fancy on the tea (standard english black) unless I’m making ginger tea (ginger is good stuff)…binges on the ginger tea generally.

For this entire summer I’ve been keeping kind of a camp diet…a lot of Saltines, peanut butter, and homemade/grown apricot jam

I eat a lot of Mexican food. The good kind. Lot of chili peppers.

I burn through a bunch of calories in my every day existence. Pretty much could eat whatever I want and keep going…but try to keep it simple. Mostly food to me is just fuel/calories.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,stacking hard now in the farm grow,getting cooler in general,and thankfully drier after a wet august
and yes,riding 150 miles a week burns a lot of calories

SmellyFlorist

I would love a bike, most spare change goes to boards though, cycling is great.

My back is feeling it due to lifting and loading heavy boxes whilst being stung[stings dont hurt, just bruise the ego]
I just ask cause I sense a physical change and I need to keep up with this so.... I have started running again[just short offroad runs before sunset] ...part of the training thing...
Thanks for answering my question that may seem bit strange, I just find it a good thing to keep in mind how others go about things...
Plants looking lovely BTW.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Agave and organic maple syrup. Industry puts sugar in everything though.

I eat clean for the most part. Plant based. The sugar addiction is not a positive thing…yet I’ve learned to manage it. I’ve tried to totally quit it…but I did not feel good…so went back.

56 yrs old. Still upright and going forward. Still able to get up and down the hills. My body is trained by muscle memory at this point. I haven’t had to slow down yet…style wise…but I do start out slower…longer to warm up…grind hills in style…bomb the downs

I sleep a lot too. I love to sleep. Sleep is so important. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Ever hear the band Sleep? Heavy shit
Interesting. I was fully plant based for most of the last few years, but now eat fish once or twice a week. Found it hard to get enough omega 3s otherwise without supplements. I feel much better on mostly plants. Seem to have more energy and my blood tests always come back well.

How do you find smoking and running? I switched to vaping a while ago and found that I breath a bit better.

Wish i could sleep better. I am a chronic insomniac. The only way I can get to sleep is with cannabis, now CBD oil as well as buds, but I still wake up most mornings at about 3:30 AM. I sometimes get up and go for a walk, bike ride, or do Tai Chi, which is all fantastic at that hour of the day. Still, I would rather get enough sleep.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Interesting. I was fully plant based for most of the last few years, but now eat fish once or twice a week. Found it hard to get enough omega 3s otherwise without supplements. I feel much better on mostly plants. Seem to have more energy and my blood tests always come back well.

How do you find smoking and running? I switched to vaping a while ago and found that I breath a bit better.

Wish i could sleep better. I am a chronic insomniac. The only way I can get to sleep is with cannabis, now CBD oil as well as buds, but I still wake up most mornings at about 3:30 AM. I sometimes get up and go for a walk, bike ride, or do Tai Chi, which is all fantastic at that hour of the day. Still, I would rather get enough sleep.
Sleep is recovery time. If I can get 10 hrs a night…I’ll take it. I can function well on 5-6 hrs a night…but it depends on my physical output too. I’ll wake up at 2 in the morning…smoke a bowl take a whizz and go back to bed. Sativa or indica…I can sleep. I sleep a lot more and a lot better than I used to.

Smoking and running. Why I bred the plants I have. Running herb. Narrow leaf sativa dominant hybrids. Been running and training high for over 15 yrs now. Love running high. Takes the runner’s high and expands it. Distance running is all about slowly releasing endorphins over an extended period of time. One of the reasons recovering narcotic addicts find running as substitute to the drugs.

I’ve made tinctures and edibles…but I don’t like them for running unfortunately. Flowers for me. I get high before the start of the run…stop whenever I feel the desire during the run…and smoke more. Smoke for recovery and during stretching and calisthenics too. I don’t feel like it affects my breathing. I’ve smoked during 100 mile trail races…at aid stations lol…and in the most amazing visually stimulating places.

Few years ago…I raced the Mogollon Monster 100 (Mogollon Rim in Arizona) met an old forum member there (1st time meeting him) and he gave me cured cob…which I ate before the start…and during most of the race. Only time eating herb ever worked well for me. Had a great race.

* I’m plant based. Foundation foods. But I do eat sardines and eggs (omegas and not all the time) , use 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee/tea (was using non pasteurized goat milk from a local ranch but Covid ended that..deaths in that family) , and I’ll eat cheeses and chocolates sometimes. I’m not vegan. I have been. Just not at the moment. I attempt not to kill farm livestock for my diet. I do live in “Beef Country” which is kind of funny. I enjoy cattle. Great animals. Dislike what we do to them.

All you ever wanted to know

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
wife and I spent the afternoon roaming off trail mostly…getting slightly confused on where we were…then popping onto the Continental Divide Trail…and familiar terrain. Got a bit tore up from various sharp plants…mostly Catclaw…that stuff slows you down and cuts you open. Some textbook Pinyon/Juniper monsoon fed forest. Lush.

85CA4565-B239-4344-8D3C-E04309687C4C.jpeg
CB824FD6-2998-41B4-BDA9-B33BF0C543A7.jpeg
AA82349F-A119-40E5-8E79-1BD2420275ED.jpeg
C575BD6E-FD32-4B82-B73E-F1FCFE4CFFEA.jpeg
BBC4969E-8B8B-4F7D-A0FE-7CCA3E947ADB.jpeg
675EEB2D-6D53-4C59-A1E1-99A489324BD6.jpeg
1EA4F04C-ABE7-453C-B259-D90487A4490B.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
turns out i had today off that no one told me about,so rode to work,bagged some buds for curing,and rode home...43 miles...nice day for it,no real wind,good legs

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Evening check under a waxing moon. Feels like an important moon cycle.

3B9EE3A9-65EF-418A-AD9F-C3F619E7D423.jpeg
78A39583-521D-4D46-AA09-9403AB14CD23.jpeg
8C2690A6-10F0-4E61-B7ED-1B493683B83A.jpeg
D431B083-3543-4146-9F0C-D8B796C9A812.jpeg

90C382DE-08F0-4DBE-AAED-ADB4DD5C69EC.jpeg

^ This is where the Javelina are coming out of the wash. So far they are using the same access pattern and are passing close to the garden…but are not bothering anything…essentially just passing through to other destinations.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
turns out i had today off that no one told me about,so rode to work,bagged some buds for curing,and rode home...43 miles...nice day for it,no real wind,good legs
You got the ride. A reward.

Pretty soon all this vegetation will go to seed…then off trail becomes a no go. It’s like having toothpicks in your shoes and socks. Fucking ruthless seeds. Now all you have to worry about in the high vegetation is hidden cactus and rattlesnakes.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
C0685502-9625-46FD-B6F6-B60A927ACD2E.png

^ A couple of young muley bucks. Probably 3 yr olds…around there. I chased them off.

075BCD53-6115-409B-B9C2-E5A2E73FCE98.jpeg

^ Sister #1 plumping up a bit…looking for the landing strip towards the end of the month.

11D306BC-263F-44A0-A404-79903DDC63B2.jpeg

^ Plinking. Not my piece.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how long to you figure until they start finishing up? stacking like crazy here at the farm...unfortunately there's a lot of farm crops coming down here locally,so the bugs are moving over to our patch...right when it's getting to far into flower to be spraying...wondering if ladybirds would stick around if we released a bunch...certainly been a challenge

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
how long to you figure until they start finishing up? stacking like crazy here at the farm...unfortunately there's a lot of farm crops coming down here locally,so the bugs are moving over to our patch...right when it's getting to far into flower to be spraying...wondering if ladybirds would stick around if we released a bunch...certainly been a challenge
You

483621EC-A4E6-47EB-8EE4-801E38410A97.jpeg

^ Sister Number 17….she’s really started blasting. The Chem DD in the genetics is all over her. Killer. Think I have another expression like her…further behind though…in Sister Number 24….

…but yeah I’m spending lots of hours pruning and unwiring. It’s starting to really become a thing

1B0E2AB9-BE65-4682-8E14-CA426868AFD2.jpeg
00DAFB58-7287-4D78-BE40-5923FD805E7D.jpeg

^ Sister Number 1….probably be able to harvest her screen flowers around the end of the month. Come back later for her lower stuff…let ripen more in the sun. She looks like she’ll be first up.

There’s all kinds of grasshoppers…so far so good….but the grass is cut now

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts