What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Malawi x sureshot, glad i took cuts of this!
948D585C-7D1E-4345-B5A0-3C803004699E.jpeg

blondie

I was out of town for a while and came back to this. I’m going to pull tomorrow or maybe even this evening. Anyone agree? The mold is crazy on this thing.

Attachments

• photo2080537.jpg
    photo2080537.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2080538.jpg
    photo2080538.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2080539.jpg
    photo2080539.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2080540.jpg
    photo2080540.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2080541.jpg
    photo2080541.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 47

paisajedehierba

... in my opinion there are no clear signs of mold contamination if I interpret the bud colours right. The white spots on some of the leaves and the bracts seem like powdery mildew if you ask me. I would chop now.

blondie

Yes I mean to type mildew. I don’t think buds are contaminated? I’ll trim anything that looks remotely like mildew and dry next to dehumidifier. Would there be any benefit to keeping alive inside next to dehumidifier for a day? The theory being mildew will die in a dry environment.

HCMPA

I will chop and wash the buds with the 4x bucklet famous way, wich I do every time btw, I know of ppl that would clean all the fan leaves with some water + h202, but being where your buds are already, if it was me, I will chop and wash

regards

blondie

Just pulled it and was able to take a good look. I found some webbing... mites! I think most damage is due to mites. I scraped very little pm off the leaves. Most leaves have none. I’m going to dunk in h2o2 soon. Thanks.

Subu

Photos from yesterday (week 14 day 4 from flip). Left plant is about 1-3 days from harvesting, other plant 1-2 weeks. SCROG is for utility at this point, so yes I have allowed it to look a bit chaotic but it's supporting the buds I need it to support.

What I find interesting is the two plants have a very similar structure. I initially thought this wasn't the case until the left plant caught up with the right. Very similar branch/stem structure with vastly different leaf quantities, smell, and bud appearance.

7uE3GHu.jpg

Left plant flower shot - immense trichome development and beautiful 'vanilla cream' smell. Flowers look more like modern day Cannabis but other traits suggest I am growing something special :)

34ODjpZ.jpg

Right plant flower shot - exotic looking pheno with very Sativa looking flower structure, few leaves on the plant. Smells slightly like a poisonous plant but I like it. This plant also lost a bunch of leaves when I flushed it too early but had a very low number of leaves from the beginning as you will have seen in my posts.

QZjTM3d.jpg

Subu

Chopped the left plant today - 28 day veg from sprouting, 14 weeks 6 days flowering from flip. Topped after node 4

gNWgC0E.jpg

1Vh8AGD.jpg

HCMPA

Fresh nights and warm sunny days, looks like they love that, Malawi #2 have lots of resin already and it smell delicate, sensual, creamy and fruity, but burried in there, still I can smell Malawi oil a bit, Malawi #1 is loving weather and looks like she is now going "fast", his aroma say hello to you around 20 meters before you spot her, not loud but steady, I like her oil smell, wherever you touch her, there is resin
m1_a21oct

m1_b21oct

m2_a21oct

m2_b21oct

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Yog :) thanks a lot for your support. Glad to know you are growing Bangi Haze, Killer A5 Haze and Malawi.

Malawi Killer phenos are well known for what you describe: buds encrusted in huge resins and very discreet smelling (non Skunky-non Afghani) sativa woody, oily, nutty, bready terpene profiles.
Post some pics if you have the chance, it would be a pleasure to see them!

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Last year I had a great experience with Bangi Haze and regular Malawi. I think I ended up with 5 Bangi girls and 5 Malawi out of the packs I recieved from Ace.
I currently am on the verge of finishing a batch of KA5H. There are 11 in total. 6 of them are probaly within a week or 3 of the chop. 4 could probably do a month or 6 weeks and then there's the lone trooper who looks like she's only just 4 weeks in flower😱. I've had to blanket cover all of them regarding fertilization etc as they're in the same system. I'd say they're currently around the 65/70 day mark. I'm exited because the more advanced specimens are absolutely dripping with resin although there are no significant terpenes emanating. Only subtle, hard to describe aromas. I'll post pictures closer to the chop as I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to computer business. They're Bobby Dazzlers though👍

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great progress on your Malawis in just a few weeks HCMPA
Sunny days with a bit of cold nights is perfectly fine for this line. At what latitude are they growing?

Lucky one you got one oily Killer and another fruity! :) :yes:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Looks like they are enjoying a lot their location and your good cares.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bravo Subu :smoke: Amazing job you did with both, that's the right time to harvest Malawi Killer phenos like yours at their prime potential: when ripening the last reflowering, the ovaries get inflated and trichomes become huge too, and at this point chop before any decline in terpene intensity. The one you have just harvested is a perfect example of classic Killer Malawi flowers grown bordering perfection, perfect flushing too. The other one is still a Killer but with a not so frequent, more foxtailed flower distribution.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice cross GET MO :tiphat: One can observe the unmistakable outdoor Cookies look, yet with a more sativa touch.
How are the aromas in late flowering ?

Looking good in early flowering west-eu best wishes for the rest of the flowering stage and thanks for keep us updated.

blondie looks ripe enough and with the powder mildew gettign worst i would not delay the harvest.
As paisajedehierba pointed out, i also think the buds look clean enough from here, make sure to remove the affected leaves as soon as possible.

Hope everyone have a great weekend :ying:

Subu

Bravo Subu :smoke: Amazing job you did with both, that's the right time to harvest Malawi Killer phenos like yours at their prime potential: when ripening the last reflowering, the ovaries get inflated and trichomes become huge too, and at this point chop before any decline in terpene intensity. The one you have just harvested is a perfect example of classic Killer Malawi flowers grown bordering perfection, perfect flushing too. The other one is still a Killer but with a not so frequent, more foxtailed flower distribution.

Finding out these may be killer phenos is probably the greatest thing on earth.

Thanks Dubi, very excited to try the Malawi in a few weeks when it has had an initial cure.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I the spring of 2019 i gave a good friend a Malawi seedling and a Northern Light seedling. Imagine my delight when, this afternoon he called in to bring us some olive oil and gave me 3 oz of Malawi and 1 oz of NL. The Malawi has lost some of it's power and taste despite being in a sealed jar for 2 yrs, but is still good quality dope compaired to some of the modern hybrids. I'll try the NL later i the evening (it's nice to have some indica, as all my girls are Sats)

blondie

Mixed up a batch of h2o2, dunked, and trimmed. Not much bubbling action really. I found some bud rot in various places and cut it all out, before washing. Not sure what to make of this plant. The mother finished in 8 weeks of flower and smelled skunky. This one also has a faint skunk odor but is more woody or oily. I have some other seeds from 14 week standard female mother and standard father that I’ll pop next. This seed I was hoping finished quick like it’s mother. No such luck. The buds do look good though so I’m excited to try this after cure.

Attachments

• photo2081450.jpg
    photo2081450.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2081451.jpg
    photo2081451.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2081452.jpg
    photo2081452.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2081453.jpg
    photo2081453.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2081454.jpg
    photo2081454.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 34

HCMPA

Great progress on your Malawis in just a few weeks HCMPA
Sunny days with a bit of cold nights is perfectly fine for this line. At what latitude are they growing?

Lucky one you got one oily Killer and another fruity! :) :yes:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Looks like they are enjoying a lot their location and your good cares.

39ºN South faced, dominant winds come in nice (gentle damped) carrying RH "higher" than normal around here, I think do the trick for flowering sativas in soo arid area. Sun hits really hard with pristine skyes and no light pollution.

Subu

I ran my Malawis at 11/13 from about week 10 of flowering. Just reduced my last Malawi to 10.5/13.5 to hopefully encourage a more rapid maturity.

Lester Moore

Veteran
I am new to the sativa side of things but all you amazing farmers and amazing Ace genetics I had to give it a go. My question is; I recently began using LED.( Spider farmer se5000, apparently has the UV in it) I placed a Malawi ( reg from seed) veg maybe 4 weeks in 12/12 x2 weeks then 11/13 x 2 weeks then went to 10.5/13.5 x about 2 weeks. Didn't see any pistols. So I placed outside around begining of Sept. 38 N. It currently has some flowers and well..we'll see where she ends. ( In a greenhouse out of the rain) ok all that to ask. Will she flower proper under my LED? Maybe with a better light progression. Maybe from clone? I kept a mother. Side note. This is the most hardy strain I have ever grown! If I can I'll post a pic. I broke a branch and it continues to thrive with only a couple fibers of connection. Amazing! Oh and I am only using homemade teas sparingly for food.

HCMPA

I am new to the sativa side of things but all you amazing farmers and amazing Ace genetics I had to give it a go. My question is; I recently began using LED.( Spider farmer se5000, apparently has the UV in it) I placed a Malawi ( reg from seed) veg maybe 4 weeks in 12/12 x2 weeks then 11/13 x 2 weeks then went to 10.5/13.5 x about 2 weeks. Didn't see any pistols. So I placed outside around begining of Sept. 38 N. It currently has some flowers and well..we'll see where she ends. ( In a greenhouse out of the rain) ok all that to ask. Will she flower proper under my LED? Maybe with a better light progression. Maybe from clone? I kept a mother. Side note. This is the most hardy strain I have ever grown! If I can I'll post a pic. I broke a branch and it continues to thrive with only a couple fibers of connection. Amazing! Oh and I am only using homemade teas sparingly for food.

Some pics could help a lot, some phenos take longer, and from seeds take longer to show maturity, it could be some light polution/leak too, I know sativas from ACE love/need high intensity lights, but I'm not a indoor grower, there wasn't leds the few times I did indoor back in the days.

regards