What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

Subu

2x Malawi 28 day veg, topped after 4th node, week 11 day 4 flower (left plant slow to commence flowering)

The more mature plant on the right has huge colas, one is a decent amount bigger than a soda can

7KON6WP.jpg

HCMPA

I wish I know how to give a like (maybe newbies are not allowed, idk).

Maybe is just in my head, but looks like indoor Malawis used to have faty leafs, idk if clones vs seeds have something to do, or maybe is just phenos :rasta: but many of indoor Malawis have big leaf even well into flowering.

Regards.

Subu

I wish I know how to give a like (maybe newbies are not allowed, idk).

Maybe is just in my head, but looks like indoor Malawis used to have faty leafs, idk if clones vs seeds have something to do, or maybe is just phenos :rasta: but many of indoor Malawis have big leaf even well into flowering.

Regards.

Yes this is a very real phenomenon, I think it relates to the size of the plant (and maybe lighting) rather than age or phenotype.

At first I joined the club of skeptics thinking Malawi might not be pure, now I am more open to the concept that it starts its life with smaller leaves and they eventually become more and more classical sativa looking as the plant gets bigger. This can be witnessed pretty conclusively in a lot of grows if you pay attention and are open minded. The newer leaves on my Malawis get thinner and thinner bladed.

And yes you need around 50 posts to like and do some other things.

HCMPA

Yes this is a very real phenomenon, I think it relates to the size of the plant (and maybe lighting) rather than age or phenotype.

At first I joined the club of skeptics thinking Malawi might not be pure, now I am more open to the concept that it starts its life with smaller leaves and they eventually become more and more classical sativa looking as the plant gets bigger. This can be witnessed pretty conclusively in a lot of grows if you pay attention and are open minded. The newer leaves on my Malawis get thinner and thinner bladed.

And yes you need around 50 posts to like and do some other things.

I live in Spain, outdoor I never seen in my Malawis big leafs (not even in the first weeks), only small to mediun leaf with thin "fingers", this is why I feel like sun/outdoor have something to do, maybe soil vs soilless is a factor too.

Thx for the clarifications.

PEace.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

Looking back through my Malawi grow pictures, that is exactly what I see as well. :rasta:

Subu

I live in Spain, outdoor I never seen in my Malawis big leafs (not even in the first weeks), only small to mediun leaf with thin "fingers", this is why I feel like sun/outdoor have something to do, maybe soil vs soilless is a factor too.

Thx for the clarifications.

PEace.

I agree, it sounds like it more relates to lighting than plant age. Very interesting

RED 1

So glad to hear it Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) I'm also having lately a love affair again with the New Killer mother, grown organically to perfection (lab results showed over 26 % THC) and with a good curing, aromas are cured wood, resins and fresh baked bread, effect is immediate, potent, really electric and uplifting for first hour and half and its bright expansive effects cuts through other strong hybrid effects like Amnesia (to put an example most will understand) becoming more narcotic and dissociative in the second half, as you said it's overall pretty up when consumed in low-moderate doses, destroyer if overindulging, but never so destroyer as the Old Malawi Killer is. I haven't touched alcohol for almost a year so i cannot speak these days about the mix ... to don't drink and quit tobacco has been my body cleaning during the pandemy.
You are healing your nerve receptors, senses by choosing an alcohol free lifestyle
Brain and spine, our nervous system, after the initial denial of acohol,shocked by Old Killer Malawi, should eventually help you filter through the daily intake of visuals, sounds,aromas and you are left with what 'matters', by simultaneously accessing your memory bank
​​​​Body becomes a tool,and, must not be neglected because brain works overtime
It was easier to approach cannabis growing, clean, to end up in my 6th year with GT3, KA5H to instinctively grow them, no measures, in soil, outdoors at 38N
Malawi's medicinal qualities, hardly mentioned, are huge when body and soul are alcohol free
Negativity killer
🤗

nldfarmer

malawi #5, finally not completely seeded. nice pencil wood smell with the slightest hint of "rude" and very nice no narcotic high. large volume but not dense flowers, largest stem I've had so far, she's a thick and bushy girl :) something like 14 weeks flowering from clone though, and could've probably gone longer. handles mites nicely.

malawi-5-2.jpg
malawi-5-1.jpg
malawi-5-3.jpg

blondie

This is a cross I made from a strong Malawi male and a fast flowering indica like Malawi female. The mother was Fruity and slightly skunky smell, done in 8 weeks as I recall. This is one of about 15 seeds I got from the cross. This one smells very slightly skunky, woody, maybe oily. Hard to describe. I don’t smell fruit though. She’s doing well and starting to fatten up. I do see some powdery mildew though I think last two days. I’ve got my eye on it to see if it spreads.

Attachments

• photo2073675.jpg
    photo2073675.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2075504.jpg
    photo2075504.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2075503.jpg
    photo2075503.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2075502.jpg
    photo2075502.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 26

blondie

Few more images. You can see what I think is the mildew on the leaves. Anyone have a guess how much longer this one has to go?

Attachments

• photo2075524.jpg
    photo2075524.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2075526.jpg
    photo2075526.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2075525.jpg
    photo2075525.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2075527.jpg
    photo2075527.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 24

HCMPA

Few more images. You can see what I think is the mildew on the leaves. Anyone have a guess how much longer this one has to go?

Could be Mildew, idk, pics aren't focus, could be mites too, any case remove the infected leafs, u could try some sodium bicarbonate dilutes it on water (google it), looks like there is enough time yet to do it, few weeks left to me for chop.

peace

Subu

2x Malawi 28 day veg, topped after 4th node, week 12 day 1 flower

I can't believe how big the colas got for how big the plant is.. It's actually insanity.

I have great control over temps but have been allowing RH to be a bit high as I have another tent in a closed room with young plants.

uU8ZKKd.jpg
5q8I0J4.jpg

d8STS4Q.jpg

SgdjYRq.jpg

olday

Veteran
Has anyone else gotten a burnt rubber Pheno? Second time running it (this time from a clone of the first) and the smell is loud and I can’t say it’s my favorite. Effects however are fantastic and even a bit trippy

Cannabioholic

My pandemic 2020 Indoor Grow.

Attachments

• photo2076709.jpg
    photo2076709.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2076709.jpg
    photo2076709.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2076710.jpg
    photo2076710.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2076711.jpg
    photo2076711.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2076712.jpg
    photo2076712.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2076713.jpg
    photo2076713.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2076714.jpg
    photo2076714.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2076715.jpg
    photo2076715.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2076716.jpg
    photo2076716.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2076717.jpg
    photo2076717.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2076718.jpg
    photo2076718.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2076719.jpg
    photo2076719.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2076722.jpg
    photo2076722.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2076723.jpg
    photo2076723.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2076724.jpg
    photo2076724.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 29

HCMPA

I has to do a week break from consuming, and this morning I vaped some Malawi... :groupwave::groupwave::dance013::dance013::yay::dance: this is how is suposse cannabis is, I love that powerfull, clean, warm and it all feels good, even the weather, animals, all is very well placed out there and looks beautifull :biglaugh: dosen't matter what, I feel perfect active and happy !

peace

Subu

Has anyone else gotten a burnt rubber Pheno? Second time running it (this time from a clone of the first) and the smell is loud and I can’t say it’s my favorite. Effects however are fantastic and even a bit trippy

No I have not.

I am currently growing two - one has a 'vanilla cream' smell which is amazing and almost makes me want to eat the buds raw when I smell it 😂 The other has a very mild smell which is difficult to describe but almost like a peppery, poisonous plant smell. I like its smell too even though I referenced poisonous plants in describing the scent..

Also nice photo above!

HCMPA

No I have not.

I am currently growing two - one has a 'vanilla cream' smell which is amazing and almost makes me want to eat the buds raw when I smell it 😂 The other has a very mild smell which is difficult to describe but almost like a peppery, poisonous plant smell. I like its smell too even though I referenced poisonous plants in describing the scent..

Also nice photo above!

I got you with the poisonous smell :biglaugh: