What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

TP-grower

Hi / Servus,
@ jeezooz : looks nice, BH(=Bangi Haze)I think (=interesting,I ve 20 Reg FrB BH Seeds and many other very nice from the last 420Promo at ACE s).
One of my last grow was 6 Regular Malawi Seeds: 1 die young,1 Male(killed him) 4 Girls and 3 Phenos,all I cut one time only and all ve a similar end- hight!:#1. 15 weeks short nodal space but fluffy,airy buds with smaler resing glads and more leafy /compared to the other ph s 2 x Pheno #2: 13-13,5 weeks more dende buds with bigger resin glads and by far a better bract/leaf ratio ,but a longe nodal space.
Pheno #3: this girl/Princess 😍😘🤩 got after I cut her some mutated leafes for about 2-3 weeks(-realy gigantic,very broad and serrated single leafes with a skinny surface!
-she starts about 1,5 weeks more early to flower as her sisters and only needs about 11-12 weeks to realy finish, the nodal space is the longest of the 3,the buds are more round,egg/base ball to golf ball sized,but near perfect bract to leaf ratio ,the buds are realy dense,-crazy for a pur Sativa!!! -The resin glads was so big and much,the buds and the few sugar leafes looks white and if you come more near as 1 meter,-you can see the big drops of resin, 😋
This is my first Plant i will hold alive as long i could.....-even i m usualy a Indica lover
-I need to search some nice Indica/-mostly Indica boy/prince for her.......maybee some Blockhead OP( Chimera Ge), C4DDD(Verdant Gr) or Balki Landrace(selected directly from the FamersTRSC /OP made after by-Kalifa Genetics) or AOF (Aunt of Farouk/Derg Co Co) for my first F1 cross?! ☺
-I realy need to buy a cam....-
@ Dubi:Thanks for the outstanding you ve done with the Malawi Regular ,regrads,good grow and luck + peace at all TP

Last edited:
Planning to harvest my first ever Malawi tonight! Here’s a picture from a couple days ago. Ran into some nutrient and minor hermie issues but the trichomes look beautiful!

Attachments

• photo2048516.jpg
    photo2048516.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 46

Subu

5 gal would be absolutely fine, in fact I will fold the sides of my 7 gal pots down a bit next grow. My most recent pics feature the base grate setup which is a game changer for me - did you pick it up?

yeah looks interesting. Seems like a good idea, will give it a try if I can find something suitable at home

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your first Malawi harvest CannabisKenta ;) Your pheno seem to lean towards to New Killer Malawi, hope you are already enjoying it!

Congrats also on your harvest jeezooz :) Please, keep us updated with a smoke report once they are a bit cured and you are more familiarized with each strain.

Thanks to you TP-grower for supporting and appreciating our work. Glad you are happy with the phenos you got. Pheno #1 seems to be a less untamed Malawi landrace type. Pheno #2 and #3 sounds like Old and New Malawi Killer expressions respectively, although i would need to see them to fully confirm. Enjoy! :smoke:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks Ur Humbl Nr8tor for let us know your opinion about your New Killer S1 female!
Glad it has been enjoyed by you and friends and that you got the more uplifting, happy and bright side of Malawi :)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Well, dubi… a few more months in and the ash is grey, so the cure has set well. I love this plant. As I’ve dug in deeper, so has her narcotic nature. Citrus now leads, woodie musk. It’s quite unique for MJ and has effects that could be considered as very different drug classes. Very electric to begin. Over indulging should be reasoned with consideration…haha. And definitely a recommendation to mind it with any alcohol. For me recently, it was nearly 60 minutes feeling queasy. For whatever the reason, I would not suggest it in combination without adding some caution or tolerance. But to each and all their own. I believe there is a very wide spectrum of effect and likely cannabinoid profile with these Malawi genes. She is a yardstick for how you might like to feel or spend your day and night…cm or km by choice.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Morning Guy's
very interesting thread. I am located in SA and over the last 24 years have had some nice Malawi coming through, over the years I have kept seeds from the Malawi Cobs but only started growing them out recently.I Must say Malawi is my all time favourite , from the smell/taste to the high. within the years smoking this strain I have came across 3 phenos 1 Fruity 1 that's woody/spicy (which is my favourite) and one that's a but minty. here are a few pic's of my current grow

My S1 was woody/citrus and she is becoming a mental beast. So fun!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear it Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) I'm also having lately a love affair again with the New Killer mother, grown organically to perfection (lab results showed over 26 % THC) and with a good curing, aromas are cured wood, resins and fresh baked bread, effect is immediate, potent, really electric and uplifting for first hour and half and its bright expansive effects cuts through other strong hybrid effects like Amnesia (to put an example most will understand) becoming more narcotic and dissociative in the second half, as you said it's overall pretty up when consumed in low-moderate doses, destroyer if overindulging, but never so destroyer as the Old Malawi Killer is. I haven't touched alcohol for almost a year so i cannot speak these days about the mix ... to don't drink and quit tobacco has been my body cleaning during the pandemy.

TP-grower

dubi here,
@ Dubi: I stop drinking Alcohol for about 10 Mounth now.(-It was the best think i ve done the last decades/=I m Poly-Toxomanic/-Now only my own grown Cannabis(80%+MJ+ Icehash) and Substitol/=Morphin-Retard from the Substituions- Doc)
-But i can 100% agree with the first,immediate & psychedelical high ,but even it s so strong ,-i will never get paranoia from a Malawi(-exept you realy smoke to much!!=hard-beat sprints/Greenout!!-Only for smokers with a good ,-better high -tolerance!
-Part time user beware of high dosages!!=DANGER!!
For me the Killer Malawis are pure only a very special expierience,for special days, when the time and circumstandes are right ;-)...i m useualy a (+mostly) indica man.
-But for breeding ,-the Malawi is absolutely outstanding.-
THX for your work you (-& Antonio / -R.I.P.) ve done. Kind regrads & peace @ all, T.P.
P.s.: Sorry but it will takes about 2-4 month till i can make flower-pics of my Cut of White Killer Malawi Pheno) /

Subu

dubi I have 2x Malawi, a Thai Chi and a Panama x Bangi Haze which are 23 days old and currently growing their fourth node. Would it be okay to top them after the fifth node or what do you recommend? I want to top them ASAP and flip to flower.

They have been transplanted into 5gals from solo cups a week ago and I have a 4x4x6.5ft tent.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
So glad to hear it Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) I'm also having lately a love affair again with the New Killer mother, grown organically to perfection (lab results showed over 26 % THC) and with a good curing, aromas are cured wood, resins and fresh baked bread, effect is immediate, potent, really electric and uplifting for first hour and half and its bright expansive effects cuts through other strong hybrid effects like Amnesia (to put an example most will understand) becoming more narcotic and dissociative in the second half, as you said it's overall pretty up when consumed in low-moderate doses, destroyer if overindulging, but never so destroyer as the Old Malawi Killer is. I haven't touched alcohol for almost a year so i cannot speak these days about the mix ... to don't drink and quit tobacco has been my body cleaning during the pandemy.

that’s a great toxin removal, dubi. When COVID first hit, I went out and bought hundreds of dollars in alcohol and just stared at it all thinking WTF? Stopped drinking for a long while. It’s good to alcohol fast. I do love the Malawi, just not with alcohol. Tobacco is come or go for me. In the right situation, it’s acceptable.

so, I’ve got no idea how to post this years grow photos since the upgrade. It seems logical, yet nothing will post…

Subu

dubi I have 2x Malawi, a Thai Chi and a Panama x Bangi Haze which are 23 days old and currently growing their fourth node. Would it be okay to top them after the fifth node or what do you recommend? I want to top them ASAP and flip to flower.

They have been transplanted into 5gals from solo cups a week ago and I have a 4x4x6.5ft tent.

For other users - I ended up topping them after 4 nodes which worked well. I could have comfortably veg'd them for an additional 2 weeks without having height issues in my 6.5ft tent.

Yog

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Last year I had a great experience with Bangi Haze and regular Malawi. I think I ended up with 5 Bangi girls and 5 Malawi out of the packs I recieved from Ace.
I currently am on the verge of finishing a batch of KA5H. There are 11 in total. 6 of them are probaly within a week or 3 of the chop. 4 could probably do a month or 6 weeks and then there's the lone trooper who looks like she's only just 4 weeks in flower😱. I've had to blanket cover all of them regarding fertilization etc as they're in the same system. I'd say they're currently around the 65/70 day mark. I'm exited because the more advanced specimens are absolutely dripping with resin although there are no significant terpenes emanating. Only subtle, hard to describe aromas. I'll post pictures closer to the chop as I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to computer business. They're Bobby Dazzlers though👍

Subu

My Malawi plants are going very well in week 11.5 of flower, will add some photos once I harvest 2 other plants I have as it's a bit annoying trying to show off a particular strain in a photo of 5 plants with 4 strains............

Very impressed with how large the colas are at this stage given I veg'd for 28 days.

HCMPA

Hi all, My girls and my self was so lonely here... so we decided to join the Malawi icmag club.

They born on day 10 of May, Malawi 1 is around 2 week into flowering (photos are from 15 of September), this one is going real slow in the flowering thing, but streches a lot, the other one (Malawi 2) is faster flowering and fruity mango/pomelo/carrots smell coming from her, she have short nodes distance and strong branchs. The Malawi 1, is much faster growing, but slow flowering, this one is gonna need support if I'm lucky enough to reach that part. Malawi 1 dosen't smell very much, but if you get close, very old/used truck's oil comes from her. They has very little feeding, Malawis are really hard plants, 3 times at max they ask for N. Malawi 1 drinks 10 to 15 liters of water every day, and she don't like to miss, but idk where the hell this girls feed themselves. Tomorrow I'm gonna do some defo and prunning (I hope last one) and I'm gonna do some photos, they looks awesome right now.

Peace.

Attachments

• M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 39
  • M11.jpg
    M11.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 47
  • M12.jpg
    M12.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 36

HCMPA

Some photos from this morning, some clouds and no so high temps wich I like for my Malawis, it would push flowering a bit (I hope), RH is low around here all year, temps are no concern till mid December, and with some luck no concern at all, I hope to not need cover (pour man greenhouse) other than that, just some jumpers/little locust time to time show up, but I'm prety sure there are very few ones that bite twice, idk, looks like they have enough with one bite xD,

M1_1.jpg
M2_6.jpg
M1_3.jpg
M2_5.jpg

Attachments

• M1_1.jpg
    M1_1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 40
  • M1_3.jpg
    M1_3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 35
  • M2_5.jpg