What's new

a self pollinated F1, what might pop out?

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Mate, I’m there with you but still can’t look at the pics even though we are friends haha, I’ve contacted mods and nothing lol so....anyway I will just believe your descriptions so I can play along. Can’t see it but I’m still enjoying the thread, cheers, keep it going man.

Phagoos

I can view the pictures if I'm not logged in but not when logged in.
The picures in the 'current grow' thread are fine.

igrowone

Veteran
day 2 - nl#5 x BW

day 2 - nl#5 x BW

and time for another run
3rd seed of the nl#5 x BW

Attachments

• day02.jpg
    day02.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 33

igrowone

Veteran
time for a review, an interesting plant
a little slow from the cool grow room temps, always the case for late winter
what i'm seeing is a stretchy indica pheno, noticeable stretchier than other indica phenos i've seen
searched icmag and it's not a very common look
could be very interesting

Attachments

• day23.jpg
    day23.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 29

igrowone

Veteran
flower day 1

flower day 1

and now for a touch of sanity in some crazy times
an indica pheno that is stretching just a liitle more than i'm comfortable with
every time i try to go a little longer in veg, i find a reason to start the flower
such is life, the mother did stretch like crazy
so each time i figure it will get me again, even if it's only 50% of the original

Attachments

• flower01.jpg
    flower01.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 34

igrowone

Veteran
and 1 more for a spring growing season, day 2 seedling
another of the nl#5 x brainwreck
that will be 4 of the cross, i hunger to know more of this dark trait

Attachments

• day02.jpg
    day02.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 30

igrowone

Veteran
Some Hermaphrodite Reflections

Some Hermaphrodite Reflections

Well, time for a little growing philosophy.

The latest flower has gone hermie on me. So the trait seems well embedded in the NL#5 x BW cross. Which was not my hope.

My guess is that further grows of the cross will show a 50/50 ratio as in the S1 seeds. Which got me to thinking about just what this trait is.

The non-hermie females are perfectly nice females. Just like you’d expect from regular non-feminized seeds.

And then the hermies, which I think most would think of them as hermie females. But instead of hermie females showing male parts, could they be hermie males showing female parts?

This might account for the 50/50 ratio. Not sure if there is a genetic test for this. And not saying this is particularly unique. But it does make one look at these hermies a bit differently.

You could look at this lineage as one that has males that produce buds as a bonus. Think about it. What’s so wrong with your males producing smokeable buds as a bonus?

Seeded buds of course and isolation is needed, But when I asked myself the question, well, I had to compose this post.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I get a message when I click on your pics that I am not authorized to see them. Do you upload them to the server first?

igrowone

Veteran
I get a message when I click on your pics that I am not authorized to see them. Do you upload them to the server first?
some seem to have trouble too, not sure why
and some see them fine
they're just put up to icmag as an attachment
but this is the first time i've heard of an unauthorized message

igrowone

Veteran
ok, what do we have? not a hermie but a male!
there was a single ‘male’ in the 23 or so S1 grows
but not normal, no pollen just balls that dried up

this time though it looks like a fertile male
from what i’ve read in some other posts such pollen may give rise to normal, non-hermie offspring
thoughts on the matter welcome, this experiment got a little more interesting

Attachments

• flower17.jpg
    flower17.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 32

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to change your settings to let all members see your pics. Go to Profile Privacy and change Albums to everyone. I looked in your albums. All I see is 1 pic. You need to upload to yuor albums 1st or provide a hot link to where you store your images.

igrowone

Veteran
You need to change your settings to let all members see your pics. Go to Profile Privacy and change Albums to everyone. I looked in your albums. All I see is 1 pic. You need to upload to yuor albums 1st or provide a hot link to where you store your images.
my current Privacy seems to be set as you described
not sure if a problem there
pics are uploaded as attachments, i got the impression people weren't having a problem viewing
but it's been a while, so entropy may have set in
thanks for the help, seems more than one can't see pics

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yours shows this
jpg.gif
flower17.jpg

Ive never seen that.. Should show your img.. Anyone that clicks the file gets this

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you just registered please allow up to 24hrs for account activation. Please do not email if you just registered.
  3. You do not have the required amount of posts to access this feature.

igrowone

Veteran
Yours shows this
View Image flower17.jpg

Ive never seen that.. Should show your img.. Anyone that clicks the file gets this

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you just registered please allow up to 24hrs for account activation. Please do not email if you just registered.
  3. You do not have the required amount of posts to access this feature.
seems i'll have to update my ancient picture skills
but i get the impression that many see the attachment as an image
i do the same process over on the arctic ice thread
people seem to seeing them there

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It might be this forum.. It looks like many do not have privileges in here..All any can do is reply to posts. I have a fix it request in..

igrowone

Veteran
and thanks for looking
it was your old thread on the S1's that i was referring to
just got started in it, looks like gold to me

igrowone

Veteran
Hoping pics will be back soon if they are missing.
But thought I'd run through a quick thought on this matter which doesn't need pics.
The male plant I'm seeing looks like a good male, or at least normal.

I'll take the liberty of a polite nod to a thread Hammerhead had that discussed some similar goings on. Sadly, it got trolled up so not sure about the outcome.
From this and things read, my guess is this male may indicate a step towards stability.
Which isn't remarkable at all.
A number of posts have casually mentioned that including stable genes stabilizes the line.
A stable female introducing stability into the male side of the equation?
3 grows is small, but hopeful to get some value with this male.

igrowone

Veteran
day 2

day 2

replacement for the the plant that turned out male
tiny seedling, but it's a picture so if anyone can see it or not the feedback will be appreciated

Attachments

• day02.jpg
    day02.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Latest posts