What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A room full of swinging dicks...

hoki2test

Veteran
wow!

wow!

All I can say is WOW!.....Seeds for years and years....love your work and loving this thread.

Maple_Flail

wow that is some crazyness..

really interested in what that Thai leaning Zambi puts forth in his crosses.. Always in the back, always standing out like a swore thumb.. LOVE IT

G

Gr33nSanta

one round can produce seeds for a lifetime but only if the diversity is there to prevent boredom, I can't imagine waterfarmfan ever getting bored with this line up, endless pheno hunting opportunities, the ultimate crayola collection!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey WFF, i tend to let the buds dry completely before taking the seeds out, and then i let the open container of seeds dry out for another couple of weeks at least, giving them a stir around every now and then.
Water content has a big influence on how long seeds last, it is said that down to about 5% moisture, every 1% dryer the seed gets doubles it's shelf life.
When properly dry, keeping the seeds in the freezer will make them last pretty much forever.

VG

B

beanz

hey WFF, i tend to let the buds dry completely before taking the seeds out, and then i let the open container of seeds dry out for another couple of weeks at least, giving them a stir around every now and then.
Water content has a big influence on how long seeds last, it is said that down to about 5% moisture, every 1% dryer the seed gets doubles it's shelf life.
When properly dry, keeping the seeds in the freezer will make them last pretty much forever.

VG
this :tiphat:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
wow that is some crazyness..

really interested in what that Thai leaning Zambi puts forth in his crosses.. Always in the back, always standing out like a swore thumb.. LOVE IT

Hehe. Like a big ass Baby, forced to sit in the corner... I am REALLY interested to see what comes out of the Zam crosses. If they are stable, the Thai x Breath crosses should be simply insane.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
one round can produce seeds for a lifetime but only if the diversity is there to prevent boredom, I can't imagine waterfarmfan ever getting bored with this line up, endless pheno hunting opportunities, the ultimate crayola collection!

It might have been one round, but it was a year and a half of selection prior that made it possible. I only picked the best plants, but I really think that I ended up with an eclectic mix from enough breeders and unique parent stock to create a very diverse gene pool.

I saw some reports on cannabis genes that showed very little matches from Ace gear. Since most samples submitted were USA based, it indicated that Ace strains have not been breed into the America poly-hybrids of the last decade, and thus, the Ace parent stock that I used should create some truly unique cultivars.

I loved me some crayons back in the day... This is indeed a special collection, as it literally represents thousands of hours of work.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran

VG

Great stuff VG! What are your thoughts on using desiccant packs (1 or 3 gram) prior to freezing? I ordered a bunch and just put them in my bags. Thanks!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey WFF, i think the dessicant packs are a good idea, tbh you would be hard pushed to over-dry the seeds whatever you do.

VG

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Only a few days left and I will be turning out the lights for a while. I have to take an extended break and am so confident in these seeds that I killed all of my parent stock. Been fighting a few lingering pest issues, so this is good way to start fresh next time. Bitter sweet ending...

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Karma - Dominator

Karma - Dominator

This one moved up to the top of the list for strains that I am most interested in exploring first. Many plants were not as vigorous when completely covered in pollen, but this Dominator said "Hold my beer!!!". This is the spicy Jack pheno, and it is has the greasy old school vibe. Should be off the charts when crossed with some modern fire. These came from my last seedbay order as freebies. Thanks Gypsy!!!

Genetics: Kushage #16 (2008 cup cut) x Jack #22 male

Dominator is the result of my prize-winning Kushage #16 that won the 3rd place in the 2008 IC420 Breeders Cup (Sativa category). She is crossed with my proven Jack Herrer #22 male. The Jack gives it a more spice taste and also provides an addition to the overall yield. The Kushage #16 is a very Sativa dominant plant and it shines through to the taste and high of this Kushage x Jack mix.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy Times

Only a few days left and I will be turning out the lights for a while. I have to take an extended break and am so confident in these seeds that I killed all of my parent stock. Been fighting a few lingering pest issues, so this is good way to start fresh next time. Bitter sweet ending...

WFF

Wondering what your method is for cleaning up and starting fresh? Pests can be a pain to get rid of!

Happy Times

This one moved up to the top of the list for strains that I am most interested in exploring first. Many plants were not as vigorous when completely covered in pollen, but this Dominator said "Hold my beer!!!". This is the spicy Jack pheno, and it is has the greasy old school vibe. Should be off the charts when crossed with some modern fire. These came from my last seedbay order as freebies. Thanks Gypsy!!!

View Image

View Image

View Image

Dig those thin leaves and long running plump colas

da Jack baby!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Wondering what your method is for cleaning up and starting fresh? Pests can be a pain to get rid of!

That is a great question. For me this time, I am taking 9-12 months off, so everything will get broken down, cleaned with strong hydrogen peroxide and then stored. I think the minimum down time should be 2-3 weeks. Depending on problem (like disease), a few cycles of extensive cleaning, treatment and decontamination of all spaces should let you start fresh.

For me, it was lingering gnats and thrips, but since I make extracts (and don't want any chems that might get picked up), the only treatment was some gnatrol and a shit load of ladybugs. These managed keep the vast majority at bay, but they would never completely go away. If I wanted to start back quicker, once cleaned, I would wait 2x the life cycle for pests, and then clean again.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
It Is Done!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Is Done!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finished processing my last few plants today and I am very proud to announce that my project has been completed. I ended up with 262 unique strains, or just under 10 per 27 ladies. I could not be more happy with the results, but damn, I need a break. Seed sorting took around 85 hours. I will log all the packs into an excel sheet and generate an estimate for total seeds harvested.

Here are a few pics of everything laid out, with my seeds on top and the breeder packs that I selected from below:

picture.php

picture.php

This has been one hell of a ride...

WFF

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Don't even know what to say, besides;
Congratulation on a job well done!

It's been a pleasure, to watch this from the side line!

Latest posts

Latest posts