What's new

A perfect cure every time

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Don't need 1 for each jar. I usually use 1 per strain per harvest. I move that 1 per strain meter between each jar of that strain, almost on a daily basis. Once that strain reaches the long-term storage stage. I remove the meter from that strain's jars and usually have to use it for the next harvest that about to be chopped.

I do the same thing

Hey there. Is it possible that I over dried? I jarred the product up and the driest jar read 39% however is gone up and up over the last two days and it now sits at 65% Its stopped going up and hasnt needed burping at all. It might sound all good by the number given but I think bringing it down to 65% without any burping may have overdone things cause now its really crispy. My other jars are coming down much slower and I burp each day (tonight when I got home they were 67.8& however they felt ALOT less dry and brittle.

I cant wait for this cure to do it's thing cause at the moment the jar smells really good but individual buds smell like hay.

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!

I think you just need to let it sit in the jars for a couple weeks. I just harvested 5 plants and they all had different RH readings when going into the jars. Some were right on the money between 60-65 and some were 70-80% range. I've been messing with the higher ones for a week now and just got them into range and they feel pretty dry. the other ones that have been sitting in the jar for a week without burping feel much better and are smelling better too. I think they just need time.

lizard_king

A perfect cure every time

Simon, thanks so much for posting this thread. I have always had a hard time curing and with this simple method my last cure came out great. I even made a few minor mistakes and it came out unbelievably great. Everyone loves the Power Kush and the Church that I grew.

DownShift

The fact that this thread isn't a sticky makes no sense at all to me.:dunno:

Thank you Simon, for bringing this wonderful method into the marijuana community!

I have a micro grow, and I don't suspect I'll be harvesting all that much from it. I have a big jar, and I was wondering if it will be a problem if it is only half full or so. There must be a point where the jar is too big and the bud keeps drying due to the size of the jar, but I don't know where it starts to be a problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The fact that this thread isn't a sticky makes no sense at all to me.:dunno:

Thank you Simon, for bringing this wonderful method into the marijuana community!

I have a micro grow, and I don't suspect I'll be harvesting all that much from it. I have a big jar, and I was wondering if it will be a problem if it is only half full or so. There must be a point where the jar is too big and the bud keeps drying due to the size of the jar, but I don't know where it starts to be a problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have a jar that has been reading 68%-69% RH. The buds were packed very loosely and there was still a lot of space between the buds and the top of the jar. Yesterday I removed them from that jar and put them in an even bigger jar. I'd say I increased the air space by 1/3. After 24 hours of being in that jar the RH now reads 66%. So, putting them in a bigger jar with more air space seems to let them dry a little more bringing the RH down 2-3%

I think you just need to let it sit in the jars for a couple weeks. I just harvested 5 plants and they all had different RH readings when going into the jars. Some were right on the money between 60-65 and some were 70-80% range. I've been messing with the higher ones for a week now and just got them into range and they feel pretty dry. the other ones that have been sitting in the jar for a week without burping feel much better and are smelling better too. I think they just need time.

I was wondering if opening the jar frequently has an effect on the cure. I don't know if its true but I feel the need to burp the jars to let fresh air in but isnt fresh air bad if curing? The oxygen breaks down thc or am I pulling this out of my ass?

Norkali

I like how we CLEANED the country of Caliber III's...LOL! There aren't any in stock (for a sane price) and the manufacturer says they're months out from more in-stock.

Lotta dank this year....:dance013:

S

staff11

I like how we CLEANED the country of Caliber III's...LOL! There aren't any in stock (for a sane price) and the manufacturer says they're months out from more in-stock.

Lotta dank this year....:dance013:

Simon needs royalties.......:tiphat:

S

Stray

great thread simon...tasty tasty peng coming out my ears from the 'pro' cure advice...:good: gotta say that Oprah spins me out a bit dunno what it is...who's she yelling at? :bigeye: sorry bro got a 'avatar' visionary associated disorder that haunts me from time to time :)

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
great thread simon...tasty tasty peng coming out my ears from the 'pro' cure advice...:good: gotta say that Oprah spins me out a bit dunno what it is...who's she yelling at? :bigeye: sorry bro got a 'avatar' visionary associated disorder that haunts me from time to time :)

:laughing: That's what I thought, too. I had a Bette Midler avatar back on OG for one reason only; I cracked up every time I saw one of my posts. After OG went down, Bette was lost and the Oprah pic was the next best thing.

Simon

Kinjo37

I'd be happy with a few hygrometers. Went to buy a couple and couldn't find any for less than $25.

Simon

Simon, I have a site where you can get them for $16. I just got ten of them. I will post it asap, Have to find the shipping slip.

komrade komura

I've been using the RH meters for a couple of months now. So much nicer now...no sweat and simple....get it down to 65% then seal it up. No more over dry bud.

Works perfectly for me....thanks guys.

Hanging with the smart kids pays off.

THC123

Veteran
wat should i do with the following?

i got a mirre nr 1 in jar now RH now stays at a constant 62% but , the stems dont snap , some do but some still bend

is it safe to open just once per week now? cuz the RH is real constant and buds smell real good

holy shit just ordered a caliber 3 fuck it costs 51 euros(with shipping) and without taxes , i really wanted one so i can compare my hygrometers with simon's reading but shit thats a lot of money

Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
ok so i bought le a caliber 3 finally and i am glad i did

the caliber measures 5% more RH then my other hygrometer

so with the other meter i was doing it all wrong , seems they needed to air more , still the weed is good , i am 10 days intoi the cure and now spot on iwth the caliber

chappie

Veteran
Still having a lot of trouble with the fact that OPENING my jars increases humidity. PacNW in the fall is a hard place to cure properly...