What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A perfect cure every time

Socomvet

This might be a noob question lol but when you guys burp your jars or just leave the lid open do you shake the jar around to loosen it up or do you just pop the lid open and not distrub it??

Bulldog11

Veteran
Ty Kaycha - That is very similar to what I do but I like your method of rolling the jars. Less banging around that way. Thanks for the idea, going to try it right now. I have 15 jars going at the moment so it is a pain in the butt.

Socomvet

thanks Ty Kaycha !! Now I need to find me some huge mason jars like around 1 gal, anyone got some idea's or links?

Bulldog11

Veteran
It is a pain but having larger jars and not too many different strains helps reduce the amount of work involved.

Every jar I have holds over 4 ounces and I have two jars that fit a pound.... Plus 6 different strains with 7 different pheno types.

Hey Simon.

What a great method. Thanks for sharing!

I pulled five plants the other day (a litle early but mold popped up) and hung the buds on racks to dry. This morning after a day and a half they felt extremely crispy and I worried that I had overdried them and would be unable to follow your method. However once I jarred them up my hygrometer read 78% so I've now pulled them out and I shall try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much for this tutorial I cant wait to do a proper cure! I've always dried and then smoked. It'll be awesome to give this a crack! Im not using the Caliber 3 but I've bought a couple of lab grade hygrometers that are calibratable and come with calibration bottles!

Anyway a couple of quick pics

SAM_1029.jpg

SAM_1038.jpg

And a link to the thread I've started for my harvest and cure.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=192078

This is gonna be EPIC! Cheers Bro!

yeah, I love ace. I ordered some from them, picked them up, decided I needed more and ordered them in the store. when they came in, they charged $8.99 for the case of half gallons. I was stoked. I ended up buying 6 cases for all my buds.

sfzoo

Thanks simon,
will be giving this a go in a few days.

Quick questions before i dive in.
Is it vital to have 1 hygrometer per jar? or could i get accurate readings a few minutes after sealing the jar? I have about 4 meters, so i'm hoping to get by without having to buy 10 more!

I'll be back to log my progress.

thanks again

Latest posts

Latest posts