What's new

A perfect cure every time

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
so how do you get the humidity in the jar low if the outside humidity is high?

I use a small fan for that.I just leave the hygrometer in the open jar.

I dont use the caliber brand hygrometer either.I use the "Springfiled precise temp" brand and model.Ive been using them for a couple months now and have not had any problems.They cost between 5-7 dollars at wallmart.

THC123

Veteran
damn guess i will order that caliber III thingy just to be sure and retry this technique on another plant i will harvest in 2 weeks

i'll try to cure this one by feeling cuz this hygrometer apparently isn't accurate

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I dont use the caliber brand hygrometer either.I use the "Springfiled precise temp" brand and model.Ive been using them for a couple months now and have not had any problems.They cost between 5-7 dollars at wallmart.

FWIW, I tested the Springfields. They read fairly accurately in the room, but were off in the jar. This said, if you keep using the same hygrometers and gauge your flowers per their readings, you'll be fine. I just wouldn't rely on the percentile delineations outlined in the first post. Essentially, you'd be developing your own methodology.

Simon

THC123

Veteran
ok the RH is now at 60% so it is curing but not quite ready for long term storage , i tested a nug and it was good nothing funny smelling or tasting and the nugs themselves smell wonderfull

in the beginning it says 60-65% the product is curing but what exactly should i do now? keep it closed till it becomes higher than 65% should i burp??

EDIT / nevermind
Hi, Gabs. Half-filled is fine. I'd suggest not burping the jars until it's necessary, like when the RH is above the curing plateau

what reading can do for someone :D

Last edited:

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Hey Simon

Got my self some glass jar today :)
picture.php

I'd like to know if i can use those cheap lil Hydrometers
picture.php

Are they accurate enough? Im not trying to be 100 accurate since its the first time i will try ths technique and i dont if i will keep it or not yet. Those are cheap on ebay so i can have 10 of them.

Anyone tried those lil ones?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey Simon

Got my self some glass jar today :)
picture.php

May Jah bless the jar with overflowing harvest!

I'd like to know if i can use those cheap lil Hydrometers
picture.php

Are they accurate enough? Im not trying to be 100 accurate since its the first time i will try ths technique and i dont if i will keep it or not yet. Those are cheap on ebay so i can have 10 of them.

Anyone tried those lil ones?

I have a half-dozen of the little ebay hygrometers. Love the size. They read consistently, albeit a little high - 1-4%, depending. If you decide to use them, I'd suggest picking up a Caliber on Amazon for a reference.

Simon

gdbud

I was at Ikea the other day looking at the glass jars with snap lids like the one above and I noticed that when the lid was snapped closed the front was sealed, but the back gasket was raised up off of the sealing surface. looked nice but did not seal air tight.

SupraSPL

FWIW, I got two new Calibers last week. Both read right on target. Some of my older Calibers, however, do not read accurately after extended use. I think it may be due to resin clogging-up some of the circuitry. The opening in the plastic, where the sensor reads from, is easily clogged and just as easily cleaned out. The folks seeing varying readings may want to check that. Some of the hygrometers also lose precision as the batteries wear, maybe 2-3 years.

Simon

Makes sense. I try to keep the opening facing away from the bud material and open to the airspace in the jar.

I'm loving this hygrometer method. I have been able to safely rehydrate crumbly bud that was too dry with humid air, makes it so much easier to work with.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I was at Ikea the other day looking at the glass jars with snap lids like the one above and I noticed that when the lid was snapped closed the front was sealed, but the back gasket was raised up off of the sealing surface. looked nice but did not seal air tight.

Yeah I've had a couple of that design and they seem like they'd be airtight, but they weren't. I love mason jars.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Thanks for the advice Simon. Do u have a link to that caliber?

"Le parfait" jar are the best IME and opinion. To each is own i guess...

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
FWIW, I tested the Springfields. They read fairly accurately in the room, but were off in the jar. This said, if you keep using the same hygrometers and gauge your flowers per their readings, you'll be fine. I just wouldn't rely on the percentile delineations outlined in the first post. Essentially, you'd be developing your own methodology.

Simon

yeah..I allways do it my own way anyways.And Ive got a few so I can put a couple in a jar and if they both read the same I would think that they would would atleast have to be very close.

I have worked out my own method(with the help of your thread here TY) and based on the equipment I use it works very well for me.Beautiful cure...so once again..Thanks.

Chronic777

Ikea jars definitely leak smell, i had loads of them & ended up giving em all away
nisbets are good if your in the UK, next day delivery and they do small 250ml jars, as good as parfait jars imo
I just bought some small jars from the chef jamie olivers website and they are small enough to carry around in your pocket

a12

I am trying caliberIII and the other mini hygometer posted in this thread and both working fine... help me a lot. Thank you again!

jawnroot

You guys have any links/ideas for jars and/or curing containers that can be bought online inexpensively? I searched my local grocery store for masons...they don't have them. There's one more place I can look close by, but I don't think they'll have them either.

I know I can order a case off amazon for about $20...but I'd really only need two half-gallon jars. Any place sell them individually?

EDIT: What do you guys think of PET plastic jars? I know from bottling beer that PET doesn't give off any nasty odors/flavors, is not permeable, doesn't leak oxygen, and is food grade...

Hi,
And thanks for this great thread.
I might have missed it, but is there a reason that a plastic container won't work?
Regards,
SW