What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A perfect cure every time

Yes, the product should begin curing once its RH is lower.

Simon
that answered my question..had some that'd been in jars for 6 weeks and when i put hygrometer in it read 74....took them out and laid on brown paper bag for 3 houras and put back in jar..so far it's only gone back up to 67...i was shocked that the number was so high..hope it dont mold...probably what saved me is i had it in bottom of fridge at about 44f...this little thing is worth it's weight in gold... got another crop to harvest in about 10 days and lookin forward to it.......

bagada

my humidity in the air is higher than the jar....when i open the jar it jumps to 68 within minutes...when i close the lid it drops back to 66...i cant get it lower than that....could be because it just rained though(hawaii)

THC123

Veteran
i have a mazar now that dried about a week at 18-22 degrees celsiuss and 43-55 RH in a homebox with a toilet extractor fan(small one)

i didn't remove the sugary leaves this time i let them on for the drying process and only for this mazar(i have 2 cuts)

today i removed the sugary leaves over a screen mmmm dry sift anywho the outside feels a bit dry the stem still totally snaps

because i removed the leaves today i am gonna let it dry till tomorrow or maybe after tomorrow

and then i will try this curing method with fresh weed , man i hope it works this time hehehehe i will sacrifice one plant

I'll post here how it goes

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
If the stem already snaps, and you're still drying, you might have dried past the point needed for this curing method.

jawnroot

I do believe you have that backwards. Google that real quick.

Colder air holds less moisture. I don't know the exact formula, etc, but here's an example...

Let's take a sample of air at 75%RH and 70*F. If you lower the temperature to 50*F, it has less capacity to hold moisture. Thus, the humidity rises to 100%, and any excess moisture falls out as condensation.

To see this principle in action, take a glass of water and fill it with ice. It'll sweat all over the place. That sweat is the moisture in the air precipitating, because the micro-climate around the glass is quite cold, and cannot hold the moisture that the warmer air around it can.

So, long story short, raising temps will lower humidity...

...but, this isn't a cure-all. Ideally, you want the temperature of the curing bud to be between 60-70*F (correct me if I'm wrong on that one). So there's very little latitude to correct your moisture problem with temps. Best bet is to get a dehumidifier or an air conditioner.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
FWIW, I got two new Calibers last week. Both read right on target. Some of my older Calibers, however, do not read accurately after extended use. I think it may be due to resin clogging-up some of the circuitry. The opening in the plastic, where the sensor reads from, is easily clogged and just as easily cleaned out. The folks seeing varying readings may want to check that. Some of the hygrometers also lose precision as the batteries wear, maybe 2-3 years.

Simon

bagada

Colder air holds less moisture. I don't know the exact formula, etc, but here's an example...

Let's take a sample of air at 75%RH and 70*F. If you lower the temperature to 50*F, it has less capacity to hold moisture. Thus, the humidity rises to 100%, and any excess moisture falls out as condensation.

To see this principle in action, take a glass of water and fill it with ice. It'll sweat all over the place. That sweat is the moisture in the air precipitating, because the micro-climate around the glass is quite cold, and cannot hold the moisture that the warmer air around it can.

...but, this isn't a cure-all. Ideally, you want the temperature of the curing bud to be between 60-70*F (correct me if I'm wrong on that one). So there's very little latitude to correct your moisture problem with temps. Best bet is to get a dehumidifier or an air conditioner.
or take it in a car with AC

Dave Coulier

Veteran

Well fuck me. I hate it when the internet lies to me. Thank you for correcting me.

THC123

Veteran
img41347966577.jpg

img41387911216.jpg

i let this mazar dry 7 days stem still bends though the stems of some real small buds barely snap anyhow everything is in the jar now let's see how it goes i

I will check the RH every 12/24 hours

The RH % you mention in the beginning simon , is that for a full jar? i only filled my jar 1/4

Last edited:

gdbud

The RH % you mention in the beginning simon , is that for a full jar? i only filled my jar 1/4

It should not make a difference whether you jar is 1/4 or 3/4 full once you seal the jar the moisture in the buds are going to stablize the RH% in the air to the same at % as in the bud with in 24 hours.

The only problem I see is if you fill the jars completely then you have no room for the off gasses to accumulate in.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
It should not make a difference whether you jar is 1/4 or 3/4 full once you seal the jar the moisture in the buds are going to stablize the RH% in the air to the same at % as in the bud with in 24 hours.

The only problem I see is if you fill the jars completely then you have no room for the off gasses to accumulate in.

Agreed.

Simon

THC123

Veteran
Hey simon , i am now almost 24 hours later but the RH has stayed 58% even though the stems don't snap so , what does this mean?

A. my hygrometer isnt good enough?

B. weed was too dry???

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey simon , i am now almost 24 hours later but the RH has stayed 58% even though the stems don't snap so , what does this mean?

A. my hygrometer isnt good enough?

B. weed was too dry???

The odds are the hygrometer is reading incorrectly.

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts