What's new

A perfect cure every time

barth

My perfect Cure is now underway. Just put 140 grams of Super Lemon Haze into a 1 gallon jar. I added the Caliber III hygrometer about 18 hours ago and my flowers are now sitting at a RH of 64%. Cant wait to see the results. Thanks Simon.

chemman14

just tested my buds to see if they were dry enough, shot right up to %90. Putting them on a shelf in a dark closet for at-least a day

gdbud

people on amazon were saying that some units would read --% after a few weeks, others making comment about the accuracy being way off, even in comparison to consecutive units they purchased at the same time.

a few of you commented about purchasing the caliber III from amazon recently, anyone experience similar issues?

thanks again all,
-dodo :joint:

I bought 4 cheep ones at W.M. and all 4 gave me different readings then I ordered 4 caliber III from amazon along with a calibration kit after testing the caliber III three of them were reading right at 75% and one was reading 74%. Then I tested the four from W.M. and they all read differently 75%, 69%, 65% and 60%. So from my experience I will not use any other brand than the caliber III the price is very reasonable for the quality you get.

igrowone

Veteran
well, this thread convinced me to bite the bullet and buy the caliber
just popped it in some bud i was curing by 'best estimate'
which was better than my 1st attempt that hold mold breakout
i'm cheap, but not too cheap to get a tool i really needed

Chronic777

I dried my buds really slow, even lost a few to mold, got the jars sitting at just above 60% for a couple weeks now, thing is the buds are bone dry on the outside, yet still quite sticky on the inside, they smell amazing when you break them up, but tasteless when you smoke them...i really don't get what i did wrong, they taste stale, i think i didn't burp enough and the stale air trapped in there has seeped into the buds

I left a couple buds out for a few hours last night & the nice taste started to come back, so maybe i need to air out the buds/burp the jars more often?

igrowone

Veteran
so into the curing jars it went, tried 2 different jars
let stabilize for about 12 hours, seeing 45% RH
not an experienced curer, so this could be, i was erring on the drier side
bud isn't moist, but doesn't feel that dry
but i am much more comfortable now leaving them closed for a while
some peace of mind, i'll get a bit more aggressive on the cure with more experience

igrowone

Veteran
post 'em up, the more data points, the better
just getting a feel for this beast
been looking at RH posted on a weather site for my area
they were reporting 35%, i was seeing 40%
pretty broad map though, so i'm not displeased, it's going to take me a while to trust it

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hi, Palmero. Sounds like you're ready for battle. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Simon

I dried my buds really slow, even lost a few to mold, got the jars sitting at just above 60% for a couple weeks now, thing is the buds are bone dry on the outside, yet still quite sticky on the inside, they smell amazing when you break them up, but tasteless when you smoke them...i really don't get what i did wrong, they taste stale, i think i didn't burp enough and the stale air trapped in there has seeped into the buds

I left a couple buds out for a few hours last night & the nice taste started to come back, so maybe i need to air out the buds/burp the jars more often?

Chronic777 - you are not alone. I notice the smell comes back back some if you start to open/close the jar frequently in a short period of time. I haven't been able to figure out why this problem occurs to us. Hopefully more chime in...

slowandeasy

Veteran
How accurate are the Caliber III Hygrometers? Those Ebay ones say 5-8% accuracy. They are only 5 bucks, maybe get a couple of each and see how close they read. I do not need them right now, but will in a month.

palmero

Another method of calibration

Wrap up the meter in a wet towel, put in a warm place and wait one hour. The meter then shoud read 98%.

:tiphat:
Saludos

SupraSPL

I'm not sure if someone already posted this up but there is supposedly a way you can approximately calibrate using salt and water. Apparently if you moisten some salt and close it up with the hygrometer, it will stabilize at 75% RH.

igrowone

Veteran
i did notice on the Caliber instructions not to use the wet towel test or the salt test
they seemed rather emphatic on those tests

chemman14

I cant seem to get my weed below 70% it is sitting right at 70. Should I just keep burping for a couple hours or should I put it on the screen again?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I cant seem to get my weed below 70% it is sitting right at 70. Should I just keep burping for a couple hours or should I put it on the screen again?

I'd put the product on the screen, time dependent on the ambient conditions. In a very dry, warm room, it may need just a couple of hours. In a cooler environment, a bit longer.

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts