What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

blackone

Veteran
Always a new project, you're very industrious :) How many days 12/12 have they had? Past 70 days is a bit too long for my patience, unless it's a couple of plants in a perpetual grow:)

blackone

Veteran
It's not actually the waiting as such. More like the energy use I find hard to justify for long flowering stuff. 8-9, max 10 weeks is fine as long as it's balanced by an increased growth/stretch in flower so you can spend less electricity in veg.
I would love to make a little side closet for longer flowering stuff though:)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
It's not actually the waiting as such. More like the energy use I find hard to justify for long flowering stuff. 8-9, max 10 weeks is fine as long as it's balanced by an increased growth/stretch in flower so you can spend less electricity in veg.
I would love to make a little side closet for longer flowering stuff though:)

I have been buying around 100 grams of hash, each month for the past 10 years. I pay less for 10 weeks of 12/12 then 1 months worth of good hashish, so to be honest it's easy for me to justify, even to the misses!

blackone

Veteran
True, the electricity cost is pretty much a non-issue. But I'm trying to stay within reasonable electricity usage to not stand out too much compared to a normal household usage, and I want to get as much bud from my self-imposed quota as I can:) At the same time quality is still very important so it's going to be a compromise. If a strain is boring then I don't care if it's the biggest and fastest yielder in the world - it's going to be replaced by something worth smoking. A very bad yielding or long flowering plant too unless it's exceptional. In that case it will always have a place in my garden, but will probably not be the bulk of what I plant:)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
True, the electricity cost is pretty much a non-issue. But I'm trying to stay within reasonable electricity usage to not stand out too much compared to a normal household usage

But what is normal household use?

I have two aquariums, with 300 Watt heating in each, pumps and light.
My PC runs at 750Watt at max work load, misses PC got at 600 Watt PSU but don't run full load.
Many modern houses have AC/heatpumps now days, 2-3 kids with PC, TV and playstation in each their rooms. Besides all the regular things, freezer, fridge, waterheater, tumble dryer and washing mashine, dishwasher.

The power company only care about you paying on time, at least thats my experiance even when I ran my large op. I just called my power company, told them I had a big oven for burning cheramic pots and tiles. And reheating it would cost more then running it 24/7. They only asked how many Kw hours more Id be using, and in the end offered me a better price per Kw/h.

blackone

Veteran
Average household use is around 4-5000 kWh per year, pretty much the same as the 1000w I'm using in flower. Add to that ventilators running 24/7 and vegging lights. There is some variation but my usage puts me in the top 5%. Not too bad because that's still thousands of people but going much beyond that is outside my comfort zone. If I didn't give a damn about electricity use I would just connect to the 400V outtake and pull 3*16A@230V :) 11kW but perhaps a max of 5—6 kW flowering juice when accounting for power factor, vegging and ventilation.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I really like that door man, keep up the exceptional work.

Thank you mate - Still got a few finishing touches to do, but then the "grow" building will be on a hold.
I would like to do some more LED test, and had plans to expand with a LED closet more.
But I was told no by the misses :comfort: at least for now, she have plans for a new kitchen/living room layout, a extra toilet and a few other minor projects.

I'll just have to work with the space I have, and accept the tests will take the time they do.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Simple light test, got the wrong color shipped and still waiting on more strips.
But had enough to make a test, with the MW 700 mA Constant current driver.

blackone

Veteran
I like that led build, and that door with the fishing rods is great. Didn't notice them the first time I saw the picture.
It also took a great deal of diplomacy with my misses to get permission to start growing again :prettyplease:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
New test light installed on the MW HLG-240-C700 driver

Found a little bud rot today in one bud in the LED flowers, removed the bud and looked over the rest. And wasn't able to find any more, but I will have speed up the harves. They are at 68 days, had hoped to take them to 70+ days. As the trichomes are still only cloudy, only found a single amber trichome so far.
RH is up around 68-75%, haven't calculated the airflow for flower.
Once my exhaust is compleate, I should be able to control the RH better. Atm I pull all the fresh air from outside, and due to the season it's up around 75-80%.