What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Getting close now:) How us Team Putin doing now? Too bad with those dead strips.

Team Putin Stinks!

They have started to reek strongly of a mixture, from old gym socks and dead possum on a hot summer day.
The folia looks horrible, might be worse the last time. But the buds are growing and putting on some weight.

I'll snap a pic later, been busy all day with my wall project.
As I am splitting up the garage/lung room - Winter is coming!

I might need a little more flower space and a smaller loung room, that I can heat with the air from my cooltubes.

Lady's only ^^ ... and me :biggrin:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Or 2 flower rooms, flip-flopped:)

Im planing out a LED flowering closet, with 6 cabinets each running about 250W.
Im gonna do more LED flower testing, before I get on with the build.
But being able to stack flowering, would really make it space efficient.

This I plan to run on flipflops, as the LED drivers are the most expensive part of my lights :biggrin:

blackone

Veteran
Looks like a plan :) One attractive thing about LED is that you're less restricted when it comes to the dimension of flowering rooms, as opposed to HPS where you really want to run at least 400w bulbs and preferably 600 or 1000w because the lower wattages are a lot less efficient.
LED users are killing HPS grows with household bulbs:)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
But size matters!
I need my buds to be bigger, then they are under the low watt test.
So I will try a flower test, around 50 Watt sq ft.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I would check out the quantum boards. I honestly can’t believe how well they are working in veg on the smaller plants, building sturdier bushes with lots of tops. They are only as tall as the driver and do fine real close to the plants. I am half way through a flower run and no disappointments so far. I have looked on alibaba and there are a lot of options. I have the 65s, 100s, 135s, and 550s and could get any numbers or pictures you need.

blackone

Veteran
I'm seriously considering QB myself but don't have the $$$ atm. A little sceptic when it comes to Alibaba - the sellers I've found there all seem like they know nothing about the product they're selling.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I would check out the quantum boards. I honestly can’t believe how well they are working in veg on the smaller plants, building sturdier bushes with lots of tops. They are only as tall as the driver and do fine real close to the plants. I am half way through a flower run and no disappointments so far. I have looked on alibaba and there are a lot of options. I have the 65s, 100s, 135s, and 550s and could get any numbers or pictures you need.

I have checked them out several times, but the price and local import tax/customs fees made them less attractive to begin with.

Had seen plenty of results from cheap LED bulps and what not, to trust the cheap LED's would veg.
But to begin with, it was only the plan to veg under LED.

It's fun to see what I can get from these cheap strips, to begin with and let them pave the way ahead.
Now I'll try run them on MW HLG240 C700 and C1400 drivers, to see how they will do on a brand driver.

I have a mate in the US, who have a quantum PAR meter.
He will build a replica of my final layout, and run the numbers on it.
It will be cheaper then shipping the PAR meter, back and fourth between us.

Depending on the results, I'll will get a 250W QB and compare it with my stips lights.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Wall build

Wall build

Finished the raw wall, got the frame filled with insulation.
Wraped in mylar, on both sides of the insularion.

Borded up the frame, after the 2nd layer of mylar.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Veg is slow, but they are growing, waiting for more dual strips

2 THH x C99 X C99 have showed as males
1 THH x C99 X C99 unsexed

3 C5 x Mango haze female
1 C5 x Mango haze unsexed

10 BLB unsexed

Temps are quite low, that won't help on growth.
Once im done building, I should be able to keep the temps around 20C at night.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
8000 Kelvin Strips

Under the 8000 K strips, the trichomes look more cloudy. Could be the light tricking my eyes, but no ambers as of yet.
I might have to take em past 10 weeks, to get me some golden trichomes.