What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
EC of 1.1 seems awfully low. The lowest I've gone in coco is 1.2 In DWC I keep it around 1.8+. Are you adding any Mg/Cal?

Yeah I'll give them a bumb, in a day or so I just wanna see how the pH reacts before taking it up.
Also giving them time to settle in, they have been rooted at 0.9 ec and 7.3 pH

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks Florere, I enjoy it very much too.

Back to the growing, it's been a few days since I transplanted.
Been slowly adjusting the water, as I don't wanna fuck up and take the pH down too much.

It's been floating up around 6.5 pH, I've tried to take it down little by little. Yesterday I took it down arund 6, and it was up again today.
Also trying to keep the Ec fairly low, but today I took it down to 5.5 pH. For a while the Ec had spiked to 1.2, but dropped a little again by this evening.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82615&pictureid=2048213]View Image[/url]

Hoping they will pick up some more color, start growing and shoot for the moon.
The roots seems to have developed fine, so the above action should start soon.

Temps are good 24-27 C in the cabs
Res water temp is 19 C
Humidity is up and good, u can feel the hot moist "greenhouse" feeling, coming from the cabinets when you open them.

Ph 5.5
Ec 1.1

Hoping to see a continuing, of the rising pH and Ec dropping!

I might have to try 1:4 parts, tapwater to rainwater next time and see if the pH will be easyer to drop, but still be stabil.

The babies looks fine. :tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks Mars, they are looking to be doing better then last time for sure!

Im 5 days into veg or something around that number, bumped up the nutrients last night. Once I was sure, the pH was good and stabil.
This morning there's been no change in pH or Ec, and the plants are gaining color and showing growth.

Top cabinet

Middle cabinet

pH 5.55
Ec 1.5

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Planted tomatoes, been keeping them in the window of the living room.
Not sure if they will yeald anything special, normaly here tomatoes got to be in greenhouses. But the summers are getting so hot, that I have been growing a few tomato plants the past few summers.

These where made from seeds, I took from some of the tomatoes I grew in 2018.

Another project ... Im sprouting Lotus seeds, to put a Lotus flower or two in the pond.
Got the seeds of the net, followed a simple YouTube tutorial and here we are.

Would look good with some green lotus leafs, n pretty flowers in the watersurface.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
It's been a week

It's been a week

Top cab

Middle cab

And both of them

Looks like things are moving in the right direction, plants are showing growth in the cabs and the res.

pH have been a bit droppy, but I am sure thats more due to the summer heat. Maybe the 1.5 Ec was a slight bit too much, as they are drinking heavy.
I just added a bit of fresh water, that compensated for the water that was used. Got the pH back in check!
The Ec have still dropped, wich is a good thing as it tells me the plants are eating as well as drinking.

pH 5.63
Ec 1.4

Not yet running the AC

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yeah looks like they are greening up more and more, and they are growing as well.

Summer temps are getting high, so they are drinking heavy atm.

Mid

and a group photo

pH 5.71
Ec 1.4

pH have risen quite a bit, all I did yesterday was add a 5-6 liters of rainwater. To compensate for the summer temps, and the fact the cabs been around 29-31 C degrees (84-89 f)

MoS

Looking good mate, see you have also moved away from Rockwoll, and to foam.

Just did the same thing with some seedlings, seems to be better, so far.

Have a good weekend...

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Rain day 9

Rain day 9

This morning I topped the majority of the clones, to get them to bush out more and not only take up more vertical space.
As the will be spread out, they need to fill out some more space to the sides as well.

Middle

pH 5.73
Ec 1.4

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 10

This morning I have taken the pH down a bit, as it had rissen to 5.87 pH and I am leaving for a few days.

Will be interresting coming back, after a few days and see the change.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Rain day 13

Rain day 13

Took the boat out for a few days, so the ladys have been home alone.
Lost two plants in the top cabinet, I guess they dried out in the summer heat.
It's a struggle to keep the cabinet temps in check, specially under 18H light and summer temps hitting 28-30 C degrees outside.

Yesterday I topped the res up with rainwater and added a bit of fresh nutes to the mix, I guess I was tired and burnt out, after 3 days on the boat with my lobster look (Got sunburned)

The aim was to bump the nutes up to 1.6 Ec, but this morning it had hit 1.7 Ec and im thinking thats still a bit too potent for these small plants.
So this morning been spend correcting last nights mistake, lowering the Ec a bit down again.

Top cab

Mid cab

And a group shot

5.68 pH
1.6 Ec

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Enjoying the pond in the mornings, love how it's growing more and more "into" the garden.
As the flowers and plants, I planted around it is growing and blooming nicely.

Yesterday I planted two of the lotus's in the pond, one in a shallow area and one in the deepest are.
The one in the shallow area, might not survive the winter.
Hell I don't know if anything will survive a real winter, again last winter we had no winter at all and summers are getting hotter and hotter.

A few years I might be growing oranges :thinking:

@fixer - it's clones

Palindrome

King of Schwag
2 weeks of rainwater veg

2 weeks of rainwater veg

They are improving by the day now, nice to finaly see something looking a little like good growth.

The pH is nice and stabil, slowly raising but not a whole lot.
A few of the clones are still very small, but still hoping they will pick up some growth.

Top cab

Middle cab

pH 5.71
Ec 1.6

Man this heat and summer is just started, having trouble keeping the temps down at 24-26 C. The middle cab im able to keep around 26C for the most part, but creeps up around 27-28C if I don't open them up and give them a light douch. Misting them a few times a day, the top cabinet is pretty much at 27-28 C all the time.
The mistings will take them down, but for short periodes only and it's back up again.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks mate!

Short update

pH have been sliding up over the last few days, this evening it was up at 5.91 so im taking it down a bit.

They are drinking heavy in the summer heat, but so far the res is stabil and the plants are looking better and better.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Rain day 17

Rain day 17

Top cab

Mid cab

I find it a bit funny, the two row's of the best looking plants are IMO the middle cab. Row 4 and 5 (from left) and they are under the one strip I turned off. Might just be random, but the reason why I raised the lights in the top cabinet again.

The pH is back down, but it's sliding up faster now then a week ago.
Might be the plants, are better suited for the Ec lvls now.
I have added about 1-1½ tea spoon Epsom salt to the res, to give them a small Mg suppliment.

pH 5.6
Ec 1.6

saitama

I spent the last three days going through every page of this thread. Such a good read and so much cool stuff going on here. Too much. It makes me lose sleep. Rock on, Pali!