What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Harvesting the Tohici99

Have run into something I have not seen before, oozing form the buds like nectar.

It taste like it, sweet, thick n sticky with a terpy spicy flavor.
Found no bugs or anything, so I susspect this is coming from the plants, as all of them got it.

Any takers?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Found this fwiw...

"sap, can be clear, brown, red, or tan. This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma ..... It's no worry really, but that sap is effectively a delicious meal for any would be insects and pests"

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Found this fwiw...

"sap, can be clear, brown, red, or tan. This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma ..... It's no worry really, but that sap is effectively a delicious meal for any would be insects and pests"

Thanks a ton!

Just about done with the harvest, been some busy days.
Now I got a shit load of cleaning to do, so will still be busy for a while.

Happy growing

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Pretty cool. I've seen pics of this before. But that's first I heard of the whole crop having it.
I bet it's high brix!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Gonna need that drying cabinet in the future, the weed dries way to fast in the LED flower cabinets.

If I shut the ventilation down, it starts to reek and just a little is too much in this weather. So a cabinet with better enviroment controll for drying, is deffently needed in the future.

Anyway the numbers are in, on the LED vs HPS test.
Repotted 4 healthy cheese moms, that made all the clones in the LED closet. And gave them all the space on the table they wanted, under 1 of my 2 600W HPS'.

The lights in one closet is 621W LED, and the 600W HPS also draws a bit more then 600W. Running electronic ballasts, and haven't messured the total use.

Been running the cheese for a good while now, and so far it's been hitting 0.8 gpw in the HPS room every grow. As well as under the china LED's it did 0.78 gpw, and the LED closet clocked in at 1 gpw.

Here is the visual difference in the two

Much more popcorn buds in the HPS room, in general the buds are slightly lighter/more fluffy. But over all, they both look great. The HPS buds are a slightly lighter green, and the aroma is not as pungent as the LED.
That might be the heat issues I had late in flower, but I susspect it's the different spectrum and kelvins from the LED's.

Been busy, haven't been keeping my log total upto date.
Have had some issues in the Leftside closet, with clones lookin bad.
I think I have mentioned it, something about the clones in soil wheren't doing as well.
I thourt it was the soil being the issue, and I guess it was and it wassent.
The soil just dried up faster, showing issues faster. But it turns out, if clones in RW cubes don't get water, eventually they will also start bitching about it.

Problem?
Clogged drippers, as I apparently did a shitty job making them.
So paying for that now, and I can't blame anyone.
Well yeah the pandafilm, had it not been there id been able to see the hydroton was dry.
What fu**ing idiot put that there...right me.

Drilled all the drippers, and some time one of these days.
I will remove all the dead ones, from the top and bottom cabinet.
Replacing them with the healthy ones from the middle cab, turning that of and just have two cabinets running while I leave for my vacation.

Day 24

Ec 1.5
pH 5.52

zif

Veteran
Looking forward to seeing what you do for a drying cabinet - I’m limping along with a MacGuyver solution that needs an upgrade yesterday. =)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looking forward to seeing what you do for a drying cabinet - I’m limping along with a MacGuyver solution that needs an upgrade yesterday. =)

Im not 100% there yet on the plans, but I have an idea about doing clone cabinet in the bottom of the closet.
And be able to pull in humid air, from the clone section into the drying cabinet. To adjust the humidity, so I can slow down the drying when needed.

I haven't started on figuring out how I'll do it, but it should be fairly simple.
Maybe, maybe not.
We will see, but looking forward to build something that don't need to be waterproofed like the grow cabs.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The sap haven't dried up yet, it have gotten much more sticky.

Im just hoping that it won't ruin the smoke, when you light it on fire.
I can imagin sugar sap, when burnet might turn to black yuky stuff that might taste like a burnt out candy store.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cleaning up, and getting ready to move the Nephthys and Mezma clones into the HPS room.

They are all unsexed clones, only doing one light and smaller pots to start with.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The sap haven't dried up yet, it have gotten much more sticky.

Im just hoping that it won't ruin the smoke, when you light it on fire.
I can imagin sugar sap, when burnet might turn to black yuky stuff that might taste like a burnt out candy store.

At work, I always pull the big chunks of pine resin from lumber.
Telling myself I'll do something with it one day..
Would love to have a chunk of cannabis sap.

I also thought about how it would taste if burnt. If not horrible, it would probably make a good "natural glue" for rolling cannabis leaf cannagars.

I also wonder if a plant that "bleeds" when wounded like dragon blood would produce colored sap.
Cannabis plants are constantly amazing me.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@CannaRed The Tom Hill Haze have phenos that bleed red, but havent seen any in the tohici99 cross.

If if find some solid globs later on, i'll see if I can pick em out or something. Tho I think it might be hard, to isolate from the buds.

I only collect pine sap, once it's many milions of years old and washes up on the beach as amber.
It's rare I find any, but it's beautifull when I do.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Transplant day

Transplant done and the Nephthys n Mezma clones, are now chillin in the HPS room under a single 600W.

Ec 1.1
pH 5.68

Happy 4th of July

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Culled the middle cabinet, moved the good looking clones into the top and bottom cab, replacing worse looking clones!

Day 27 Leftside Cheese

Day 2 in the HPS room

Moved the best of the bad looking cheese clones, into the HPS room and they will get some side light.
They might die, they might yeald a little.
Not taking up space I need right now, so why not.