What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 10

Lookin fine, running a bit hot in there.

Have upped the watering to 5 min every hour, to see if I can cool the roots down a bit.

Looks like I'll need an AC unit for the summer time, gonna try and up the ventilation first.
That won't fix the humidity issues tho, so looked at a 7000 BTU AC unit with dehumidifyer.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 11

Topped the reservior with tap water, bumped the nutes a bit again.
pH have been raising slowly, so figure it's all right.
Haven't pH adjusted, will give them a day or two with a little higher pH.

Ec 1.3
pH 5.94

genetic freaked

Veteran
How is the heat coming off those LEDs?

Im looking to switch from the screw in LEDs to the DIYs you are running but need something comparable in heat or less.

Im only on page 36 of the thread but do you happen to have a list of all items to build the LED lamp? If you don't want to post in the thread shoot me a PM..

I cant thank you enough for this thread! This is exactly what I was looking for when starting thinking about my rebuild

Palindrome

King of Schwag
How is the heat coming off those LEDs?

Im looking to switch from the screw in LEDs to the DIYs you are running but need something comparable in heat or less.

Im only on page 36 of the thread but do you happen to have a list of all items to build the LED lamp? If you don't want to post in the thread shoot me a PM..

I cant thank you enough for this thread! This is exactly what I was looking for when starting thinking about my rebuild

Your welcome mate, but I would recommend to not build the lights on page 36. If the design is to your liking sure, but don't use thouse strips. Thats the first strips I used, and found better ones.

I haven't tested them for flower yet, but the COB strips 50 cm long 6 mm wide. They seem to be the best cheap option so far, they veg just as well as the hacked two row strips. Just there is no removing resistors, soldering bridges and all that involved.

They cost a bit more, but trust me it's many hours saved in soldering!

On ebay look up '500 * 6 mm Car COB Strip' and they should pop right up.
I used Alu curtin hangers for the heatsink, and Constant current drivers.

The heat is all depending on how much current you run them at, so it's hard to say but they don't get so hot I burn my hand.
I got a cheap thermometer but it gives different readings every time, so I don't have any accurat temps to give you.
Besides the thermal readings of the first lights, they are all in that range.

Have fun reading, but read further on before you start replicating anything. It's only the early begining on page 36, there have been done lot's of changed and improvements since.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Chop Chop and upsidedown

Looking at it, it don't seem like there is a whole lot.
Buds are rock solid tho, and covered in trichomes.
So it will be interresting to see what the scale says, once it's all dry and off the sticks.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 13 Leftside Cheese

The pH had dropped, so figuring the 1.3 Ec is still a little hot for them.
Topped the res with tap water, dropping the Ec and dropped the pH back down.

Ec 1.2
pH 5.63 (ish)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The results are in for the test grow in the new LED cabinets

Just some random plants, to show the avarage size of them.

I hit 1 gpw, and thats very satisfying for a test grow.
A good amount of the plants, where twice the size of the smaller ones.
Now it's just a question of getting them more even, but still it's 0.2 gpw better then the best result I have had with the Cheese in the HPS room.

Can't complain about that!

packerfan79

Veteran
The results are in for the test grow in the new LED cabinets

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79488&pictureid=1956071]View Image[/url]

Just some random plants, to show the avarage size of them.

I hit 1 gpw, and thats very satisfying for a test grow.
A good amount of the plants, where twice the size of the smaller ones.
Now it's just a question of getting them more even, but still it's 0.2 gpw better then the best result I have had with the Cheese in the HPS room.

Can't complain about that!

1 gram per watt with no veg time is very respectable, especially for a first run.

Congratulations, are in order my friend
:tiphat:

How does the quality compare to the hps cheese?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
1 gram per watt with no veg time is very respectable, especially for a first run.

Congratulations, are in order my friend
:tiphat:

How does the quality compare to the hps cheese?

Yeah I am in no way disapointed or low balling it, I think this makes a lot of sense and the math seems right.

I haven't had a chance to smoke this yet, but the look, smell and trichomes are all in the same quality as the Cheese from the HPS room.
Maybe the LED buds smell a bit stronger, it seems the terpin production is better/different then under HPS.
I think thats the spectrum, was the same under the spectrum test. The higher kelvin the more extreme and stronger the terpine went.
Where the cheese grown under 8000K tasked like it was sprayed with cheese n cheap perfume.

Will give it an early smoke test, even tho it's not been cured yet.
I think it will give me a good idea, wanted to wait til morning and have a cheesy start of the day.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Given it's totaly uncured, it smokes well and the taste profile is strong.
No coughing, but not smooth either. That will come for sure, given it's actually smokeable now.

For the look of the buds, id say there is little difference to the HPS buds.
Good trichome coverage, nice firm buds and nothing wrong with the high either!
But deffently seems richer in flavor/terpins!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 15 LS Cheese

Topped the res with a bit of tap water
The yellow lookin clones, seems to be the ones rooted in soil.

The HPS room is starting to look ripe, here a day before week 14 ends for the Tohici99 on the back end of the table.

The cheese in front is on day 68, and finishing up nicely.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Gettin ready for vacation time on the boat!

A bunch of stuff need's to be fixed

Been fixin the cockpit teak decking for the boat, it's been in heavy need for a over haul since we brought the boat.
3 corners where broken, and a lot of the small peaces of teak where loose.

Cleaned up the edges and removed all the old glue, removed a crappy fix the prev. owner made.
Drilled out the broken dowels, and replaced them with 6 mm threaded rods.
Filled in all the gabs and glued the loose pieces, with epoxy resin fixing the broken corners.

A good clean up, some sanding and a touch of teak oil later.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thank you CannaRed, took a bit of time but the result came out nice.

Another nice result, if I may say so the harvest from the LED closet.
Each box contains 203-205 grams.

Still got a plant to harvest, that was replaced a week into the grow.
Just stuck it in the HPS room and will chop it with the rest in a few days.

Each cabinet run at 207 Watt, so even if I only get 6 gram on the last plant (it will be more)
I'll hit the 1 gpw, with no veg.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yeah it looks neat packed up like that!

Here's day 17 on the leftside run

Didn't do anything to the res today

Ec 1.5
pH 5.86