What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I reuse the felt, it's a synthetic and very strong fabric.
It's made to block weeds, from growing up thru asphalt roads.
But it's perfect for wicking water, and roots grow right thru it.
Works just like the fabric your thinking about, this is just a much better quality and it won't decompose.
I get it for free, if I where to buy it.
I would use the cheap stuff, they use in greenhouse tables.

In the veg cabinet, when I clean up. I just remove what root mass I can by hand and the rest is going into the organic cycle. The beneficial bacterias will eat the left over roots, as long you keep your water culture strong.
To start with I just washed the felt mats in the washer, but the misses started complaining about roots in the landery.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
it's my Gen3 DIY LED lights, with TCI strips mounted.

If you follow the link in my signature, you can follow the whole build. All questions should be answerd in the Groffice build thread.

Gen1 - China 1.3$ 24v strips

Gen2 - China 1.3$ 12V dual row strips

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The Nephthys are doing well, or so far so good.
It's day 3 on the seeds, and one have broken ground more or less.
Two others are getting there, so I am hopeful for the Nephthys this final round.

Non of the other seeds have broken ground yet, im sure they are on their way as well.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
This looks and smells a bit of succes with the last 10 Nephthys seeds, I can't wait to see how they will do over night.
They have been busy growing today, some night time rest is well deserved.

The Fulvic and humic acid looks to have helped greatly, im starting to spot sprouts in the other cups but nothing else have broken ground.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 4 since planting the seeds

6 Nephthys sprouts have cleared ground and dropped their helmets, same goes for 1 Mezmakronic.

9 out of 10 Nephthys seeds have sprouted, the 10th that didn't crack during the soak prolly won't make it.
But thats all right 9 out of 10, it might also just be a bit slower then it's siblings.

Now it's a question about keeping them alive, and grow them big enough for me to take some clones.
The 7 seedlings that have droppe the seed shells, have been moved to the top Veg cabinet.
Still placed inside a rubbermaid, not only for the humidity.
This way the soil cup's won't soak up, the nutrient solution im feeding the young Cheese plants next to them.

:dance013: :dance013: :dance013:

Ohhh yeah, doing the happy dance!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 11

Bottom cabinet - did a little work in there.

Didn't messure the res today, have been busy doing other stuff.

9 out of 10 of the Nephthys have dropped the helmet, after breaking ground.

2 Mezmakronics are up and free, and a few more is on their way.

But 9 out of 10 for the Nephtys, thats way way way better then I hade dared to hope for.
Now I just hope nothing goes wrong, but if I just stick to keeping them moist and at good temps.
They should be good in the cups, for a little while.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cheese Fday 12

Topped the res with tap water, dropped the pH a bit

Ec 1.3
pH 5.89

Another two days, and we are two weeks in. They are growing well, so thinking about raising the Ec a bit by then.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Tohici99 41 days

Today I have upped the nutrients, not sure why I keep getting the discoloration.
If im just way to agressive with the nutrients, or am I too passive not raising the Ec lvl fast enough.
I'll see how they will like it, or if they will start bitching even more.

If so I guess I better flush the pots, change res and take the Ec lvl down again.
But they also need something to live of, and from the looks of the bud growth, that looked like they liked the last jump from 1.4 to 1.6.
But the folia don't look nearly as happy, might be the experiment where I didn't clean the hydroton much.
Tho I don't really see the connection, the roots looked fine on the runts I chopped.
Nothing to indicate a bad root enviroment, so I think it's unlikely.

Anyway here we are, tomorrow they are 6 weeks in.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.9

Another week and they should be halfway there, so still lot's of time to fatten and ripen up.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Mezmakronic Triplets

Not sure they will make it, but fun little mutation or what ever you call that.
Hvae had twins before, but I think it's the first time I ever see 3 tap roots from one seed.

Sorry for the poor quality picture on the last one, but using a phone and that was the best outcome.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
6 weeks in - Another 8 to go

The cheese in the front are what, about 2 weeks into 12/12 and should finish with the Tohici99.
We'll see

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks (S)eismic and welcome aboard :tiphat:

Day 13 in the LED closet

I have moved the bottom light up, to the middle position like the middle cab.

Ec 1.3
Ph 5.64

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The freaking triplets all made it above ground :peacock:

Funky ... did I mention I got this from a grower in Chernobyl?
hehehe jk the seeds are frm Canada.

The rest of the seedling are doing fine, still waiting on the Grapefruit Fly and Chemderella seeds. Nothing have broken ground, I have turned up the heat a bit. To see if they have been getting cold feet, or the seeds might be duds. They are all fairly old, so not unexpected but there is still hope.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Me being me, doing odd stuff!

Don't call PeTA on me, but started an animal experiment Again.
Last time I added guppies, to my reservoir in the HPS room.

Shrimps eats alge - alge is starting to grow on the flow tables in the cabinets.
There is always a little water standing in the bottom, from last feeding and it's gettin green.

Yeah yeah they might die, they might not.
They might kill the whole crop, if they die and give the plants shrimp aids or something.
But im taking the chance, for the fun of it.

Biggest issue, might be them cloggin up the drippers dead or alive.

What ever is gonna happen, they look pretty and just started eating right away.

Latest posts

Latest posts