What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
looks very professional, What is the size of your cabinet?

Hello Mars Hydro Led, thank you very much.
I have also spend, a great amount of time and planing on it.
But most important, I like building and have fun experimenting.

As for the size, there is a lot of messurements so I did a simple scetch up on a picture from earlyer in the process. You can see the whole build, if you follow the link in my signature to the Groffice thread.

It's devided into a left and right side closet, of 3 cabinets in each closet section.

The Light grid is about 5-6 sqft - total floor space of each cabinet is about 9.5 sqft.

I have made it to test LED lights for flower, all the strips intalled have Samsung LM651B chips mounted.
As I was not able to find the newer generation chips in EU, for a resonable price and the TCI strips where only 10$ a peace.

Do Mars Hydro Led make LED strips?

I can't recall coming across any Mars strips, only finished box lights. And as I recall it the light grids and size, didn't fit my custom builds demands.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 6

Flower day 6

Day 6

Ec 1.3
pH 6.11

It's been fairly stabil the last 24hours, plants are looking fairly happy and they are showing growth and I think the color have improved a little as well.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Love the even spread on the lighting.

Me too, one of the reasons I went with strips.
Most important if the lower heat then COB light, tho I don't have anything to compare it with.

I also read alot about 12V LED's would be much hotter then 24V, and I can't say that's the experiance I had. Maybe cos I run the 12V strips in series, but to me it seems the temp is depending on the current and not the volts.

My new strips are 48V and they aint much cooler then the othere lights, and they only run at 500 mA. The 12V strips in series are run at 700 and 1400 mA, where the 700 mA light is the coolest.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Guess it's that time again, there is room for starting new seeds.

I can't keep growing Cheese and 14 week haze crosses, so dug down in the gifted seeds and found 3 different strains.
Along with the last Nephthys seeds, hoping I will be able to get them to sprout.

Prev. attempts at sprouting old seeds, I had the best success with humic and fulvic acid.
So I have soaked the seeds in pH adjusted water, added fulvic and humic acid.

Grapefruit Fly by Mosca Seeds - 10 seeds (Grapefruit x Cinderella 99)
Chemderella - Unknown breeder - 6 seeds (Chem D x Cinderella 99)
Mezmakronic by Northern Seed Farm - 10 seeds (mostly indica dom hybrid)
Nephthys is an old cross, of a Cali O x C99 from Wallyduck.
I crossed that with something gifted from another grower, called Grapefruit Bowl.
Found a really dank male, that I had to use for something and the Pineapple pheno I picked from the Cali O x C99.
Was a really good match, and did alot of work on it.
Then one night it was all over.

I hope these last 10 seeds, will make it. :shucks:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
What's the background on that tochi99?

Tohici99 - It's just a shorthand for Tom Hill Haze x cinderella 99 X cinderella 99, and it's a cross I got from Wallyduck.

He crossed THH with his C99 male, and then back crossed it to C99 again trying to shorten down the flowering periode.
Dunno if that have been a success or not, 14 weeks is still a fair amount of time :D

Tohici99 was easyer to fit on the lables, and faster to write here as well.

sethimus

As I was not able to find the newer generation chips in EU

Digikey is your friend here, you just need to add the VAT of your country to their price, shipping/customs is already included. i ordered several times from them, it was always just 19% VAT and shipping is usually here in 1-2 days from the US. faster than most european retailers, just amazing

another good source is led-tech.de, but they only offer their own builds, not the original samsung strips

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Digikey is your friend here, you just need to add the VAT of your country to their price, shipping/customs is already included. i ordered several times from them, it was always just 19% VAT and shipping is usually here in 1-2 days from the US. faster than most european retailers, just amazing

another good source is led-tech.de, but they only offer their own builds, not the original samsung strips

Unfortunet import laws are not the same everywhere in EU, the model you mention is only an option for company import.
For a privat person, we apparently have an extra tax many other countrys don't.

I can only avoid that tax, if the item is under 14 dollars.
So even if digikey had a 14 $ strip with LM651C or LM301B chips, id have to buy each strip sepretly and pay shipping for each pack.
As digikey and the few other wholesalers like them, for some reason don't stock thouse strips in EU.

But for now it don't matter at all, I have all the strips I need for now.
In two years they prolly made a even better chip, and today's best chips will have dropped in price.
If not, I'll deal with it then.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
afaik eu laws should be the same, that's the EU's main thing, homogenizing all the laws

I don't know how many have asked, sceptical about individual tax laws, and custom feed.
If you look thru my thread, what makes you think I don't know my own import laws better then you?

EU is not the US, we are individual countrys and out taxes and tax systems are very different.
Just look at greece, and then look at germany.
Both are in the EU, but their tax systems are worlds apart. :biggrin:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Doing the old seeds today, desided to just do them all in soil cups.

Filled and pre soaked the cups, to let the soil settle in them as they drained.

After they drained for 10 min, I topped the cups with loose crumbled soil. Softly pressed it, and pushed a small indention for planting each seed.

After some breakfast, it's time to plant the seeds!:plant grow:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Mezmakronic - A few had cracked and there was 11 seeds in the pack!

Nephthys - 9 out of 10 seeds had cracked
I really fucking hope, at least a few of them will make it this time!!!!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Grapefruit fly I guess about 50% had cracked.

Chemdrella - 0 of 6 seeds have cracked, but planted them anyway.

All placed under humiditydomes, in the clone area of the veg cabinet.

The bottom cab should provide a bit of bottom heat, and the clone light won't make a difference. But I turned it on anyway, so I can see when they start popping the surface.

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Took the dome off them for the night, they seem like they are well moist still.

Will look to them tomorrow, they might need to be placed on a felt mat to help draining.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 9 in the flower closet

They are doing well, folia fed them with Fish mix yesterday.
Today I gave them a short dush, with a dilution of the humic and fulvic acid mix I soaked the seeds in.

Sprayed a few moms yesterday, just to make sure it wouldnt burn the folia or something.
Im not sure if this is supposed to be applied by folia, but it would be a shame to waste it if the plants can use it.

Top Cab.

Midt Cab.

I am sure the roots, also think the plants should grow a little shade for them.
Maybe I next time, I should try with a felt mat above the corrugated plate.

Ec 1.3
pH 5.64

R

Rab.C

looks superb Palindrome i dont think the felt would be needed looks great

Be great too see the buds when done

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Your prolly right about that Rab.C but again, it would let the roots grow into shade once they exit the bottom of the pot.

Im looking forward to see them in full flower as well, but for now Im interrested in how the streatch will go. If it makes a difference, if the LED's are raised high or hanging low.

R

Rab.C

yes Palindrome the roots would grow into it but i was thinking about clean up after harvest
lol but it would be a case of roll up the felt and bin...could you not use the fabric they use in nft tables Its defos worth a try...

Latest posts

Latest posts